Fitting in Seven dwarfs mine train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back and wanted to add a data point. I am 6'6 and 300 lbs. I have trouble fitting on Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, and Rockin Roller Coaster. The 7DMT was actually comfortable; I rode it 3 times with zero issues.

So if I'm 6 foot and 180lbs I should expect to be a bit uncomfortable?

Nope. My husband is 6'5" and about 190 lbs and had plenty of room. He does not fit into Barnstormer and there are other rides at theme parks which are too small for him. We were concerned after reading posts but there really was plenty of room. I'm petite, so I wasn't concerned about me fitting, but I didn't feel like it smaller than other rides.

The only uncomfortable part is that the back of the seats aren't cushioned. So someone like me with a boney spine will feel the bumps more. I put my arm around my 5 year old since his head would have been hitting against the hard back.

This thread would be quite confusing if somebody was looking for information. An individual 5 ft 2 inches 80 pounds was uncomfortable because the seat was too small but an individual 6' 6" inches 300 lbs was comfortable and the seating was not too small.:confused3

This thread would be quite confusing if somebody was looking for information. An individual 5 ft 2 inches 80 pounds was uncomfortable because the seat was too small but an individual 6' 6" inches 300 lbs was comfortable and the seating was not too small.:confused3

It's actually quite hilarious!! I'm laughing at this whole thread!!

It's obviously not possible for both those people to be correct. Those size differences go beyond having an opinion.::yes::

6'6 and 300 is border line skinny!!!!;)
Leg room length wasn't the problem. It was the width between the bars on the outside of your legs.

Leg room length wasn't the problem. It was the width between the bars on the outside of your legs.

I will be sure to let my wife know next time she tries to feed me a salad. ;-)

I wish I had a photo of me in the seat because I was really worried going into it. Most rides cause me trouble due to leg room, not so here. I did pay attention to the thigh room and I did have some extra. No chicken legs here, I was a hockey player with pretty large quads.

I guess the point is be sure to give it a try because you will never know until you do.

Just curious (we're going Wednesday), but would fitting have anything to do with where in the train you are? Or is there a way to tell the different trains apart? Since it's such a huge difference with everyone's sizes and who fits, who doesn't, who's comfortable, and who's not, I just wonder if there are certain sections that are made differently than others, or if one or two of the trains run bigger than the other.

Carry on...

I think it all boils down to what you think is uncomfortable. The seats are kind of molded so they raise up at the sides, similar to seats on the Disney buses but a more severe curve. So, while you might be able to fit, if you have a wide backside, you are going to feel those ridges on your butt. Uncomfortable? Yes. Unbearable? No. It's what? 2 minutes?

I'm 6 ft. Hubby is 6 ft 5. We both fit just fine, though cheek-to-cheek. It's kind of similar to how much room you would have on a Disney bus in those certain spots for two, width-wise anyway.

Just curious (we're going Wednesday), but would fitting have anything to do with where in the train you are? Or is there a way to tell the different trains apart? Since it's such a huge difference with everyone's sizes and who fits, who doesn't, who's comfortable, and who's not, I just wonder if there are certain sections that are made differently than others, or if one or two of the trains run bigger than the other. Carry on...

As far as I could tell, they are all alike.

I think it all boils down to what you think is uncomfortable. The seats are kind of molded so they raise up at the sides, similar to seats on the Disney buses but a more severe curve. So, while you might be able to fit, if you have a wide backside, you are going to feel those ridges on your butt. Uncomfortable? Yes. Unbearable? No. It's what? 2 minutes? I'm 6 ft. Hubby is 6 ft 5. We both fit just fine, though cheek-to-cheek. It's kind of similar to how much room you would have on a Disney bus in those certain spots for two, width-wise anyway.
This ! I think larger people (such as myself) are somewhat used to dealing with a certain degree of discomfort. So to me, even though I was a bit squished on 7DMT, I didn't really feel like I was super uncomfortable or really even close to not be able to ride. However, I can totally see how a very slim person who is used to slipping on and off of rides with ease, may perceive the seats as small and uncomfortable! It also seems to me as though some (not all) of the people who said they couldn't ride, made the decision not ride based on comfort or by looking at the seat and choosing not to. Also understandable, because the seat is small, but when I settled in, it was fine! I think in general this is issue is slightly overblown... The vast, vast majority of people can and have been able to ride.

I think it all boils down to what you think is uncomfortable. The seats are kind of molded so they raise up at the sides, similar to seats on the Disney buses but a more severe curve. So, while you might be able to fit, if you have a wide backside, you are going to feel those ridges on your butt. Uncomfortable? Yes. Unbearable? No. It's what? 2 minutes?

Great description!

I'm 5 feet 5 and 135 pounds. I found the seats to be uncomfortable and restrictive. I felt like an adult sitting in a child's seat.

6'6 300 lbs is like the size of an Offensive lineman in the NFL. Not a Receiver or Cornerback but a lineman.

I'm not sure why someone 5'2" would think the seating was too small. I'm 5'1" about 105 lbs and didn't feel like the seats were child-sized at all. I didn't feel like I was too small to fit right either though. (Which does happen on some rides). Comfort is a different story. My spine wasn't comfortable due to the hardback seat. Someone who doesn't have enough cushioning on their body could find it uncomfortable for that reason. So - way, way, way more than enough room for petite me but comfort for my back wasn't there. It wasn't terrible though but a person skinnier than me would likely be less comfortable due to the hard backed seats.

What an interesting thread! Strange, really......Anywho, I'm 6'4' 180 and I wasn't uncomfortable on 7DMT at all.

I think there are so many things going on in those seats...the molded seat, the U-shaped lap bar, the small foot room area where you might also trying to stuff a bag, etc. The U-shaped lap bar...even knowing the dimensions, it's still going to come down to how wide your pushed-together thighs are in that exact position.

I'm 5'4, normal weight, and I thought they were uncomfortable just in general. But I guess to get the height requirement to where they wanted it, that's how they had to build them. I did like them for my kids, especially my small daughter...I felt that she was really secure unlike other rides like BTMRR.

Anyway, it makes sense to me that different-sized people are experiencing different things!

This ! I think larger people (such as myself) are somewhat used to dealing with a certain degree of discomfort. So to me, even though I was a bit squished on 7DMT, I didn't really feel like I was super uncomfortable or really even close to not be able to ride. However, I can totally see how a very slim person who is used to slipping on and off of rides with ease, may perceive the seats as small and uncomfortable! It also seems to me as though some (not all) of the people who said they couldn't ride, made the decision not ride based on comfort or by looking at the seat and choosing not to. Also understandable, because the seat is small, but when I settled in, it was fine! I think in general this is issue is slightly overblown... The vast, vast majority of people can and have been able to ride.

I agree, this issue is overblown. I'm overweight and although I carry my weight well, I always notice it on rides like this. I fit comfortably into every ride at WDW. I am also 5'10" with super long legs so most of my gripes are concerning leg room. After reading all the reviews and comments on 7DMT I was not looking forward to riding it the way I wish I would've been. I was there from 9/16-9/30 and we had a FP+ for Monday, 9/29. It was the very last attraction we did. It was FINE! I wouldn't say it was comfortable (it wasn't) but it was in no way unbearable. I do have to say that it was the only ride my boyfriend (who is 5'11" and has an offensive lineman type of build) commented on the fit. He got in and pulled the lap bar down and said: "this is absolutely ridiculous". We were a little squished but I have to say that is almost to be expected since this is practically a children's coaster.

On the ride itself: I was hoping for more. It was very cute, but not enough to warrant the time it took to open and also the ridiculously long wait times. The track was smooth and the cars swaying was a nice touch, although you couldn't really tell for the majority of the ride.

So, to cut a long story short super worried about riding Mine Train after reading this thread. I'm short but very fat and after seeing the pictures of the lap bar over those skinny knees I was really panicking about riding this and the humiliation if I couldn't fit in! Well, please let me reassure you that it's fine! Similar feel to Everest with the lap bar. It wasn't overly comfortable but my slender husband said the same - it's just the way the ride is designed which from my point of view is over rated and was a little bit gutted we wasted a fast pass but of course jumping out of the ride having rid on it after all the worry I felt on cloud 9!

Finally have annual passes again after over a year. Went yesterday and stood in line for 90 minutes for the mine train ride. I was excited to ride it for the first time. I am 5'5 and a bit pooh sized. I was shocked to see how small the seats were. The worst part was the so called lapbar. If I had not tried to pull that down it would have been ok. But since I did, my knees were badly pinched on each side for duration of ride. Ride was cute and fun and personally I don't think you need a lapbar. So all you pooh sized. Go easy when you pull on the bar or hardly pull on it at all and you will be better off. It only moved about 1 inch and the cast member let me ride. I wished I had not moved it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter