Fish Extenders?

I also used a Bernina (I have a Bernina 200). I have the Designer software that digitizes any true type font. I used the waltautograph font that I found online. I'm honestly not sure where I found it though or I would post the link. Try to google "Walt or Disney Fonts". :surfweb:

Perhaps now I have an excuse to upgrade to the better software. I'm one version below that doesn't digitize fonts :goodvibes Thanks for the tip!

Here is my finished FE. Only about a year early! :rotfl:
Sorry the picture is so big. I'm not sure how to make it smaller.

FEPillowCase001.jpg

Hi

I love it

But where did you purchase the hanger? As I lives in Scotland and I am looking for hanger as I see your one is lovely one.

I bought the mickey materials from the Ebay and want to make it on my own.

I would be grateful if you let me know where did you buy mickey hanger from?

Thank you

Scottishwee35:thumbsup2

Hi

I love it

But where did you purchase the hanger? As I lives in Scotland and I am looking for hanger as I see your one is lovely one.

I bought the mickey materials from the Ebay and want to make it on my own.

I would be grateful if you let me know where did you buy mickey hanger from?

Thank you

Scottishwee35:thumbsup2

Hi :wave2:

I made it!

I used a 1 inch ball dowl cap and cut slits into it and glued flat circles on the sides to make the ears then painted it white. (Clear as mud - right?) It was very simple. You can also just add the ball dowl caps without the ears for a simple hanger. I tied ribbon to the dowl to hang it with.

Love the examples you guys have given! I'm glad I have 11 months to work on this!

I showed my husband the pictures you all have posted and he accused me of going to the dark side.:confused: Doesn't he understand that you can't be too crazy about Disney stuff? I might have to become an undercover of darkness fish extender maker. Guys just don't get it. At least this one doesn't. If it said Craftsman on it, it would be ok.:rolleyes1

Here is our Fish Extender. (2 pictures)

It is reversible for Pirate night.

FishExtender002.jpg

FishExtender001.jpg

WoW !!

I wish I had 1/2 the talent to make an extender :sad2:

Do you take requests? :lmao:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

While I agree that LuvtheEars is extremely talented, this forum can not be used to sell stuff. If you would like to make a business proposal for her, please do so via email or PM

Love the examples you guys have given! I'm glad I have 11 months to work on this!

I showed my husband the pictures you all have posted and he accused me of going to the dark side.:confused: Doesn't he understand that you can't be too crazy about Disney stuff? I might have to become an undercover of darkness fish extender maker. Guys just don't get it. At least this one doesn't. If it said Craftsman on it, it would be ok.:rolleyes1

He says that now, but just wait! I bet he is the first to check the pockets to see if anything has been dropped off! Ha Ha My DH could'nt pass thru the doorway without checking ours. When you catch him looking for goodies, you might want to welcome him to the dark side!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

He says that now, but just wait! I bet he is the first to check the pockets to see if anything has been dropped off! Ha Ha My DH could'nt pass thru the doorway without checking ours. When you catch him looking for goodies, you might want to welcome him to the dark side!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: I am so going to remember that!!! And you know he will be the first one!!!

A question for your past cruisers. What kind of goodies did you get in yours? We are cruising in three weeks and I need to do some shopping. Also did you know who it was from or is it just a surprise?

is there a pattern anywhere for the FE's? I've looked through McCalls and everything is either too wide or has more pockets than I need.

is there a pattern anywhere for the FE's? I've looked through McCalls and everything is either too wide or has more pockets than I need.

I just made my pattern with tissue paper. I measured it 8 inches wide and then made the length I wanted which I chose to be 28 inches long. I added enough on each side for sewing and cut it out. The pockets were 6 inches deep X 8 inches wide. I also added quilt batting between the bigger piece to add some strength to that piece.

Bevtoy gave this link to help make it on page four of this thread: http://www.sewing.org/enthusiast/html/et_starslockerpocket.html

Thanks Bevtoy!

Fish Extender from my Back 2 Back cruises from September 8 to the 22nd.

It was made from a rolling bag with broken wheels. Cut the bag apart, left the zipper at the top and handles on. Cut the handle open at the top and cut the other handle off the other side of the bag. Sewed the handle pieces together. Cut pockets out of the sides of the bags and sewed Mickey heads onto them. Then sewed the pockets to the bag

DSC09314.jpg

I'm proof you don't need a pattern. I don't sew at all, so did all by hand. I just bought a little more than a yard of fabric. I cut out a size from that 8 " by 36"-38". I ironed on some backing to stiffen the fabric.
I just "eyeballed" how big the pockets should be, and I put four on my FE's (I made two FE's-one for us, a family of two, and another for a family of four). I hand sewed the pockets on, but otherwise, everything was iron-on (including the seams.)
I ironed on sticky letters for names, numbers, and stick-on fishy things I had bought.
I'll be glad to send you a picture if you PM me.:cheer2: These are for our Jan. 20 voyage.:cheer2:

A question for your past cruisers. What kind of goodies did you get in yours? We are cruising in three weeks and I need to do some shopping. Also did you know who it was from or is it just a surprise?

A zip lock bag with bandaids, rubber bands, paper clips, zip ties, safty pins etc. It was a little bag with the little things you might not know you would need. (it actually came in handy. )
We have also been given, a little note pad, pens, pencils, candy with stickers or home made wrappers with cruise motto wrapped around the outside and magnets. A special homemade necklace for one of the special nights like pirate or tropical. The thing I didnt do that I will for the next cruise was to print stickers with our disboard name to attach to the gift. Lots of people use the return address stickers for this. I thought it was a cute idea. I would suggest you check out the dollar store for disney items such as stickers that people could use when they scrapbook. Some of the gifts came with a little note which made it personal.
The gifts overall went from expensive to home made but all were equally great to recieve and made us wish we had brought more to give away. I think that was my favorite part. Dropping off the home made magents and then seeing them on peoples doors.
On our cruise a wonderful gentleman organized lanyards and made inserts for everyone. It was just awsome to see so many dis'ers. If it;s done on our next cruise. I want to make pins for our lanyards.

Just have fun with it!:grouphug:

LuvtheEars -- did you embroider those patches directly on using an embroidery machine, and the fonts.. or are they patches or something? It came out great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter