Firsts, Old Friends, and a Birthday- A January 2017 Trip Report

Elenadc

Lightsaber Builder
Hi! Welcome to my first ever trip report! I'm starting this a bit before the trip as I hope to start updating while we're there. We leave in three days for nine days in WDW staying at Pop Century for the first time. I have a feeling that's going to be somewhat of a theme for this report: Firsts.

I'll start off with introductions:
The main players in our report are myself, Liz, my boyfriend David, and my parents Roger and Lori. We're all from Two Rivers, WI which is a small town right on beautiful Lake Michigan. It's also cold as all get out right now, I think the wind chill today was -25. So we're all very much looking forward to the Florida weather.

This is me: (With my beloved Mini Cooper)

I'm Liz. I'm 29 (I'll turn 30 during the trip though). I work at an awesome 125 year old department store in the office and also as a barista. I did the Disney College Program three times so I'm definitely no stranger to Disney World. I've been on two Disney cruises, the last one with my boyfriend.

This is David:

Last year was David's first ever Disney vacation! We went on a five night cruise on the Disney Magic followed by a whirlwind three day trip to WDW. There was a Disney College Program Alumni event that started the day our cruise ended so we figured since we're so close we had to make it work. I showed David the best parts of all four parks in that time, and we had a blast, but we're looking forward to this trip being a bit less rushed.

We had originally planned a trip for Food and Wine last September, but we ended up postponing because we bought a house!

So we pushed it back and my parents invited themselves along. :laughing:

My mom, Lori, on the left, from our first Disney Cruise:

My Dad, Roger (In his Mini Cooper! Runs in the family I guess):

My parents have been taking my sister and I to Disney since before I can remember, so they're pretty familiar with the place. They're not big on pictures though, so hopefully I can sneak some for the report!

Packing has begun, and we're getting picked up not-so-bright but very early at 3:25am on Saturday morning!

I'm off to finish my tshirts for the trip, but I'll update at least once before we leave!

I Made Shirts!

I'm taking a break from packing to show you the shirts I've been working on and the outfits I've put together. It'll be easier to see them this way than trying to squint at the photopass pictures! (Ignore the wrinkles, I figured it was a waste to iron as they'd get wrinkled again in my suitcase)
Day 1: Travel and Magic Kingdom

T-shirt and skirt

Day 2: Epcot

Hank! My new favorite Nemo character. With leggings.

Day 3: Magic Kingdom

Day 4: Animal Kingdom

Day 5: Magic Kingdom and my Birthday!

Doesn't this dress remind you of a Haunted Mansion maid's costume? The ears and the bag make the outfit!

Day 6: Hollywood Studios

Planning to channel Minnie this day!

Day 7: Epcot

This is probably my favorite of all my shirts, I designed the whole thing myself!

Day 8: Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom

The leggings match the purple in the shirt a lot better than the picture makes it look.

Day 9: Magic Kingdom and travel home

Extra outfit for backup, because apparently I miscounted how many I'd need:rotfl2:

Okay, off to finish packing! I hope to be back with the next update on day 1 or 2 of the trip!

Your Lularoe consultant must love you. :) Have a great time. Outfits are great. I tried to get the castles to no avail.

Following along. I love your LulaRoe! I've been searching for the castle leggings for months.

Love your t-shirts. I know someone that needs that Hank t-shirt... they get a little sick of my excited Disney talk all the time :teeth:

That Dole Whip shirt is wonderful. I love that you have planned out your outfits, having that level of organization makes me so excited for upcoming adventures! Have fun and I look forward to more photos :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter