First Visit March 19-20?

kaharris83

Earning My Ears
We're considering spending a day in DL and a day in DCA March 19-20. This would be our first visit to DLR. We will have our 3 year old and 1 year old with us. I'm nervous about the crowd levels. Will it be really crazy during those two days?

Well, it IS the beginning of the Spring Break season, so it will be pretty crowded. At least you'll be there on a Wednesday/Thursday, so it won't be as bad as the weekends. Going during the middle of the week is the best option during peak seasons at DLR.

What does "pretty crowded" feel like at DLR? We usually go to WDW in late Jan/early Feb and walk on rides but went in mid-November this year and had waits of 15 minutes or so on average. We went at RD and rode the big attractions so the waits we encountered were not for the most popular rides, which obviously had much higher wait times.

We could go March 5-6 but I read there's a big cheer competition then. We could also go March 12-13, but I know that's the first week of Spring Break. Not sure if that would be better or the same as the 19-20.

What does "pretty crowded" feel like at DLR? We usually go to WDW in late Jan/early Feb and walk on rides but went in mid-November this year and had waits of 15 minutes or so on average. We went at RD and rode the big attractions so the waits we encountered were not for the most popular rides, which obviously had much higher wait times.

We could go March 5-6 but I read there's a big cheer competition then. We could also go March 12-13, but I know that's the first week of Spring Break. Not sure if that would be better or the same as the 19-20.

Next spring will be unusual with Easter being so late in April. Spring Break will kind of last from mid-March thru late April. So it will be spread out.

"Pretty crowded" is generally quite manageable at DLR. It is hard to compare to WDW and what it "feels like". WDW has more space in the parks so feels less crowded than DLR. DLR has many more rides per park so lines for rides tend to be shorter than WDW even when it "feels more crowded".

If you stay close to the parks and get their early each day, you can have a great time.

:wizard:

15 minute waits for most DLR attractions is not crowded. You will rarely walk on attractions at DLR, and even then, only very early in the morning and maybe very late. You can't really compare WDW crowds to DLR. There are more attractions in each park, the attractions are closer together, the parks are closer together, and there are more APs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter