First two weeks of March 2018

usd2bmd

DIS Veteran
I am helping a friend plan a first trip for his family. They are looking tentatively at the beginning of March next year. They home school the kids so pulling them out of school isn't an issue, but like many that go to WDW, they are not looking for their first trip to coincide with any school breaks as they don't want the parks to be super busy. Yes I do understand that is harder and harder to avoid.

Is anyone aware of anything that would be going on in WDW (or elsewhere around the country) that might make for higher crowd levels for the first two weeks of March?

Thanks for you help in advance.

We have gone first 2 weeks of March the last couple of years. The first week is relatively quiet and peaceful and the second week (when the US breaks start, I'm assuming) there is a very noticable increase in the crowds.

Cheerleading competitions are mid Feb-early March. Spring breaks often start the second week of March and continue through April. I know that's when ours is and we're heading to WDW.

Spring breaks. Most college breaks are early/mid March. I was there a few years ago last week February-Early March and I was dismayed at the crowds... Not Christmas or peak summer, but waaaay more than I anticipated.

The first week looks pretty good, crowd wise. The second week of March gets much busier. In Ontario, that's when we have our spring break, so many Canadians will be flocking down. Still, we are planning to visit during those two weeks next year, with 10-day tickets. We will concentrate on getting everything done during the first week, then take the second week to enjoy extra FP+, take it easy and relax.

The second week of March is spring break for most public schools in all of Texas, so LOTS of Texans at Disney World then. That week is the start of the spring break season and is usually one of the busier spring break weeks. I would advise your friend to go the last week in February and the first week in March if they want to avoid crowds.

You might want to look at **************.net -- it has a good ranking of best/worst weeks for each week of the year.

We were there the week of March 6 this year and it wasn't too bad. It was spring break for UGA, which was why we had to go at that time.

We usually go the last weekend of Feb/March - in some Chicagoland schools we get a day off for Casimir Pulaski :) Weather has been great (a little chilly at night sometimes), sometimes warm enough to swim - but not sweltering heat!

Epcot is a little more crowded because Flower & Garden show usually starts beginning of March - so pretty! So you might want to avoid the weekends.

Otherwise the parks are pretty reasonable

As of often stated on these boards, there is really no "low" or uncrowded time to go anymore!

My daughter also has off school the last week of Feb/first week of March. Flower & Garden also starts March 1. The weekend prior to that is both Presidents' Day and Daytona 500.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter