First trip to Disney!

gobraves39560

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I am new at this, but can not stay off this site since booking our trip. My husband, 4 yr. old and 5 yr. old and I will be at Disney from June 17th- 21. We got the dining plan and will be staying at All star sports. We will be ariving on the 16th so that we can be at the park early on the 17th.

I have made several meal reservations.Crystal Palace for lunch, Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner, Garden Grill for lunch, and play n' dine( hollywood and vine for breakfast. Are these good choices? This has become overwheming for me to plan. One b/c I did not get the hopper, but I know that with little ones we would not be doing more that one park a day. Please give me any advise you have. I am overwhelmed!!!

Congratulations!!!!! Oh gosh you will have so much fun!!!

Park Hopper at this time would be a waste in my opinion. Having never seen any of the parks before you will more than fill a day at each park. Pace yourselves. It gets exhausting! Do yourself a favor and rent a stroller. You may think the kids are too old but they will get really tired with all the walking you will be doing. Make plans to go back to the hotel for two to three hours each afternoon for some down time so the kids (and you!) can get a bit of rest.

There is so much I would recommend having done it with kids this age but suffice to say, read through as much as you can here and also on another site I go to called Mousesavers to get tips on how to let the kids share meals, etc. Disney is so magical because every trip is different for every person, no matter how many times you go or how old/young you are. Don't try to do it all.....just enjoy and let the magic take you.

k

My husband and I are going to DW for the first time in late October. We will be 70 and 66 by then, so we are trying to plan what we can realistically do. HE will be using a scooter. Since the Food and Wine Festival will be there, we'll spend most of our time in Epcot. We will do our third day in Animal Kingdom. Since we took our children to Disneyland in 1985, we can skip the Magic Kingdom. At first, I thought that would be my only chance to see the 'characters' walking around, but I gather they are everywhere ! I wish I could leave tomorrow. Between deciding where to stay , and where to eat with the DDP, I'm getting more excited each day. These boards are fantastic for the newbies like us !

First of all, welcome gobraves39560 and Delta Jane. You will have a super time at the world, there are many things to see and do. If you are looking for a good Epcot table service, I would suggest Chefs De' France, just be sure to get there before 7:00 PM for the French menu. (Which is a half chicken, a great onion soup and Creme Brulee).

Have a super trip to the world.

I can hardly wait. We have made a countdown chain and every morning the kids pull a chain off. There are so many food choices, that will be nice~! I hope that you have fun planning.

20 DAYS TO GO!

:cool1: I'm having a ball making the plans. I've looked at so many food pictures, we need to stay for a week, instead of only 3 days. We are going to DW following a 4 day cruise to the Bahamas for a wedding, then when we leave DW , we will drive to Ft. Lauderdale for 5 days to visit our son. Can you imagine how much food we will eat in that span of time ?? LOL

So far the meals are at Boma, LeCellier, Biergarten, Kona, Tusker House and one more to choose. Thanks for all the suggestions... AND the Food and Wine Festival will be there, too. We'd better start either buying larger clothes or losing some weight before we go so the clothes we have will fit when we return.

Thanks for all the help, this is so exciting, I can't believe I'm so hyped up about it. We are staying at Coronado Resort which looks beautiful.

Sounds like yall will have a blast! Have you been on allears.net or mousesavers. They have alot of info that you could use. Have fun planning.

[COLOR="Red"]19 DAYS TILL THE FUN BEGINS AT DISNEY[/COLOR]

My husband and I went to Disney World in April "07, but our girls, ages 9 & 5 have never been, but we will be taking our first trip in September. Still haven't told them, yet, trying to decide if we want to just suprise them a couple of days before or tell them this summer so that they can help with some of the "planning"

Can't wait for them to see everything! Hope you have as much fun as I know we'll have, and isn't this site the best?

Hi everyone! I am new at this, but can not stay off this site since booking our trip. My husband, 4 yr. old and 5 yr. old and I will be at Disney from June 17th- 21. We got the dining plan and will be staying at All star sports. We will be ariving on the 16th so that we can be at the park early on the 17th.

I have made several meal reservations.Crystal Palace for lunch, Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner, Garden Grill for lunch, and play n' dine( hollywood and vine for breakfast. Are these good choices? This has become overwheming for me to plan. One b/c I did not get the hopper, but I know that with little ones we would not be doing more that one park a day. Please give me any advise you have. I am overwhelmed!!!

Just wanted to say :wave2: :wave2: :welcome: :wave2: :wave2:

Happy dance for you :dance3: :yay: :dance3: :banana: :banana: :cool1: :cool1: :wizard: :) :goodvibes hope you have magical tine at Disney.:goodvibes :goodvibes Danny

A first-timer here too. Going next January with DH, DD12 and DD10. Hubby and I have been to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris before kids, but this is a first at WDW for all of us. We're staing at Port Orleans Riverside for three nights. We will spend a total of two weeks in Florida, but will also drive down to Islamorada, visit Kennedy Space Centre, Universal, Miami etc. so cannot stay longer at WDW. Hubby thinks I'm nuts spending so much time planning...

I am so addicted to the planning. I think that I could plan someone ele's vacation after this. It has always been my dream to go to Disney World. My parents could never afford it, so I am glad that I can bring my children. Have fun planning!

I am soooo addicted! Be glad to have my life back... away from the computer... after out trip!

This is only the beginning. DH and I were at WDW only 2 weeks ago for the first time and while we were there, we decided another trip was necessary! Even though it's 19 months away, I think i'm on here more now than I was before the first trip! :lmao:

It took me 40 years before I did my first trip and it was only two weeks ago! I've already got two return trips planned. I think I'm hooked.

For a first trip, especially with little ones, I'd say don't rush, don't expect to cover everything on your list, and stop frequently to enjoy the things you discover as you go.

Disney is easily addictive and thank goodness there is no cure, because it's so much fun!!:hyper:

Not sure how long you are staying. If you guys are going to the Animal Kingdom (it would be great for the ages of your children) DON'T MISS the safari, and DON'T MISS the Finding Nemo show in the Animal Kingdom.

The children will be thrilled and it will be an experience of sight and sound they will never forget.

Have a BLAST!!!!!:)

We will be in the parks for 5 days and Downtown Disney + Orlando for 2. We are doing every park. Brave for first timers?? I'm scared.... Hopefully we fet aroung the crowds to have some fun. Don't quite know what to expect this time of year! We'll definitely do those things!!! TY!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter