First trip tips?

justme73

Earning My Ears
We have a trip planned in Sept to take our son (who will turn 3 there) and I was wondering about any tips/pointers for this age? We are planning on staying 6 nites and thought we would do the 5 day hopper, we dont think we'll hit any water parks. Is this a good amount of time for his first trip? I dont want to 'cram' it all in, but I dont want to miss anything either! :D Is there anything that we should be sure not to miss with him or anything we should? (well excluding the obvious like space mtn, etc) ?
Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Here are some of our experiences with DD3:

Magic Kingdom
-everything in Fantasyland; especially IASW
-the Tiki birds
-TTA
-Buzz Lightyear
-Indy Speedway
-PotC
-Cinderella's Surprise Celebration
-the Mad Tea Party

Epcot
-JIYI
-Spaceship Earth
-El Rio del Tiempo
-Maelstrom

Animal Kingdom
-Kilimanjaro Safaris
-Conservation Station; especially the Affection Section
-Tarzan Rocks!
-Festival of the Lion King

Disney-MGM
-Playhouse Disney
-Voyage of the Little Mermaid
-Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular

She loved all the parades and she enjoyed the fireworks as long as someone covered her ears. She also liked Fantasmic and still talks about Mickey and the dragon. A lot of the attractions are really LOUD and on our first visit that seemed to upset her more than anything. We also ran screaming out of ITTBAB--I think the people screaming upset her more than the effects. She loves getting autographs and pictures with the characters. Just slow down and enjoy watching the magic with your son. 3 is a wonderful age for a WDW trip-take lots of pictures!!

We first took DD just before she turned three. She had a GREAT time! I second all the above mentioned attractions. In addition, my daughter loved the BoneYard playground at Animal Kingdom. Be sure to take extra clothes everyday--there are always places to get wet (BoneYard, fountains at EPCOT, etc.). Take the time to wait in line for autographs/pictures with the characters, especially in Toontown Fair at MK. Almost all the pictures we have are from there.
A little more intense ride, but my daughter also loved Goofy's Barnstormer in Toontown--a child-sized "roller coaster"!
Be sure to take in a couple of character meals. We especially like Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace. The personalized attention you get from the characters is great and you get to do something productive while you're waiting for characters--EAT!

Like the previous post said, have fun! We had been to WDW several times in the past and the biggest difference I had to get used to with my young daughter was to SLOW DOWN! (I was used to run, run, run from daylight to dark!) There is no way you can see everything in a week. Take time to hang out at the pool at the resort, rest, and enjoy your son's excitement!:D :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter