First timer security/bag check

PolyRob

DIS Veteran
I will be taking a Lyft from a Disney resort for my first time to Universal. I plan on arriving at 6000 Universal Boulevard Orlando, FL 32819 (I read this is the address I should input) about 45/60 minutes before Universal Studios opens. I want to try and go right for Minion Mayhem upon entering. How does the security screening work? Will I experience it one time after leaving the drop off area prior to entering CityWalk? I will have a park to park ticket and will be utilizing the Hogwarts Express at least once (hopefully twice depending on wait time). If I plan on leaving Islands of Adventure to go to CityWalk, and then want to re-enter Islands of Adventure, will I have to go through security again? Or is it a one time checkpoint prior to CityWalk that is good for my whole day?

I am used to Disney World and having every "park" require its own security so I am trying to gauge how much time I need to leave if I want to grab a meal at CityWalk or have to walk between parks.

Thank you! That makes the 5 minute walk between both parks seem much simpler!

Absolutely. Once you are inside the main compound, they don't check again. They check if you are getting on a boat, if you are entering the area from the hotel pathways, or if you are coming from the parking garages/bus dropoff.

Absolutely. Once you are inside the main compound, they don't check again. They check if you are getting on a boat, if you are entering the area from the hotel pathways, or if you are coming from the parking garages/bus dropoff.
This is very helpful! We currently only have 1 day planned at Universal and would like to maximize what we can fit in. At most, we would dine outside of the parks if we are traveling in between and not on the Hogwarts Express! The additional check from the resorts will rule out dining there although some of the resorts and options look fantastic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter