first timer questions

budcollector

DIS Veteran
hi all,

i'm going the second week of April, staying at Universal's Aventura Hotel.
i'm doing the universal shuttle from the airport to hotel and back to the airport,
do i get my own luggage and where do i check in @ the airport and when its time for me to come back home how does that work ?
do you go through security like at disney to get into the parks ?
i've heard getting on the rides is like going through airport security, you can't have anything in your pockets and no phones, can you use a fanny pack ?

thanks

Security is when you arrive at City Walk via bus or car, or at the hotel boats / walking path. Once you go through security, you are all set for the day - you can then easily wander between City Walk and both parks. (Volcano Bay has its own security).

Only the major coasters Hulk and Rip Ride Rocket require metal detectors (nothing in pockets). Various other rides (Forbidden Journey, Gringotts, MiB, Mummy) do not allow bags or handheld items, but you can have fanny packs or things in pockets for these. All of the above provide free small lockers during your ride.

Pp covered most questions. I don’t think many of us have used the shuttle to answer those though. Uber or Lyft are the same price/ cheaper so the shuttle (that can make multiple stops) holds no appeal. It isn’t like Disney and you do have to get your luggage. Beyond that, I’m sorry I can’t help more.

Never done the shuttles, so I'm no help there.

On the fanny pack issue, make sure it is a 3 prong connector, or they won't let you wear it. A lot of the "cute" fanny packs have other types of connections, and they are not permitted on rides. Almost none of the cross body purses that convert to a fanny pack have the right connectors. Just something to be aware of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter