• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time flying in question

Sleepingbeauty101

Mouseketeer
This is my first time flying into Orlando. Disney has our flight information. Now will disney take our bags to the hotel and to our rooms? What about on the way back? Our flight doesnt leave till 8pm. Can we take our bags down to the bag holding area and pick them up when we are getting on the bus? What about when we get to the airport do we need to get our bags off of the bus and put take them to be checked in before we fly out? Thanks for all your help!

If you decide to use Magical Express they will send you yellow tags to put on your checked bags. If you do, when going to WDW you won't stop to get your checked bags, Disney will handle them for you. You don't have to let Disney handle your bags, you can skip putting the tags on and then stop and pick them up before heading to the bus. That is for the way to your resort.

Going back to the airport there are no yellow tags. You can decide to take your bags with you to the airport, and handle as normal. Or you can take advantage of Resort Airline Check in at your Disney resort. That is just like checking in at the airport. They will take your checked bags from you, and you won't see them again until you are at your home airport. If you have any carry on bags the resort will hold them for you at Bell Services.

On the inbound you have to make a separate reservation for Disney Magical Express (DME) and the CM may have made that for you but I would double check. A few weeks before your trip you will receive your DME information and yellow luggage tags (that look like the ones the airlines use) if you want DME to deliver your bags to your room use these tags, skip baggage claim and head to the DME area to check in and board your bus.

On the outbound you will receive a voucher the day prior with your bus pick up time, usually 3 hours prior to your flight, be there on time! You can either use RAC (Resort Airline Check-in) that is located in a specific area of each resort (not the front desk) and only open until 12 (iirc) this is just like checking your bags at the airport and you won't see them until you arrive at your home airport. Alternately you can have luggage services store your bags for the day, pick them up yourself prior to boarding the bus and bring them to the airport with you can check them through at the airport.

The only thing I will add to what everyone else has said is that if you are arriving after 10pm (or before 6am), you will have to get your own luggage in Orlando and bring it on the bus with you. Disney will not retrieve your luggage or deliver it for you from the airport between 10pm and 6am so you would need to get it just like usual if your flight arrives within that time frame.

On the way back the RAC is only for specific airlines.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/airport-transportation-and-check-in/resort-airline-check-in/

• Alaska Airlines
  • American Airlines
  • Delta Air Lines (U.S. Domestic Flights Only)
  • JetBlue Airways
  • Southwest Airlines
  • United Airlines
If using any other airline you will have to bring them with you on the bus. They will be stowed under the bus. However you can check them with Bell Services and have them hold them (and your carry ons)for you unto you bus. Just leave enough time to get them before you bus.

In addition to the items mentioned above, upon arrival, if you have placed the yellow tags on your bags at your home airport, and Disney is retrieving your bags, note one very important item. It will be about 3 hours after you arrive at your RESORT (not after you land) before you can expect to see your bags. It may be earlier and may even be later. Plan accordingly. It is a wonderful perk but not a quick one.

If you happen to not get the yellow tags or if you don't get enough, you can give the CM at ME check-in your claim checks and they can still claim your bags and deliver them for you. Yellow tags are not required.

If you were to opt not to let them get your bags note that MCO has 2 sides to their bags claim and some airlines arrive on the side opposite of ME. Which will mean you have to go down to bag claim, get bags and then go back up, across the terminal and back down to ME. That 3 hour wait can be a worthwhile trade if your airline is one of those that arrives on the opposite side. It's quite easy to plan to carry on everything you'd need for a few hours. It mostly depends on what time you arrive and what your plans are.

Just remember the RAC desk closes everyday at 1:00 p.m so I would be in line no later than noon with my luggage.
The logical part of this, check out is 11:00 so who wouldn't be in line by noon anyway? Sort of never understood why they'd be open much later than 1:00, quite honestly.

Every adult will need to be there too, with their ID. This is JUST like curbside check in at the airport. So they process your check in with the airline right there, and go through the secure bag process too. So all adults with need to show their ID, answer questions regarding the bags and can get their boarding passes, if you need them. Actually, they'll give you boarding passes, no matter if you need them or not. If you do not get free bags or have extra bags they can process the bag charges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter