First time DW'er using Orbitz

pcg79

Earning My Ears
Hi, all.

I'm planning my family's first trip to Disney World. After reading a ton of information here we've settled on the dates, hotel (Pop), and the tickets we want (hopper).

Using Orbitz the whole thing is $200 cheaper than on Disney.com (yay!). I keep seeing people mention "Orbitz 30% off" and I'm not sure what that is. Is it Disney's spring room offer? If so, I got that.

Finally, I noticed I can book a dining plan on Disney but not Orbitz. In other threads you all have said that's correct. Does that mean I can't book a dining plan at all period? Should that concern me or is it not a big deal?

Thank you!

No dining plan through Orbitz at all.

Concern? No. If you want a DP you might want to weigh the pros and cons, but it's just a Method of payment. You don't need it to eat anywhere in particular.

Hi, all. I'm planning my family's first trip to Disney World. After reading a ton of information here we've settled on the dates, hotel (Pop), and the tickets we want (hopper). Using Orbitz the whole thing is $200 cheaper than on Disney.com (yay!). I keep seeing people mention "Orbitz 30% off" and I'm not sure what that is. Is it Disney's spring room offer? If so, I got that. Finally, I noticed I can book a dining plan on Disney but not Orbitz. In other threads you all have said that's correct. Does that mean I can't book a dining plan at all period? Should that concern me or is it not a big deal? Thank you!

U can also get an extra 15% off with the Giftme code

I just used Orbitz for the first time today and used the GIFTME code for an extra 15% off. It saved me about $125 for 3 nights over Disney's rate.
Have you really looked at the Dining Plan? Most people feel that it really doesn't save them money based on what they typically eat. We had the free dining plan in November and enjoyed it, but I'd never pay for it. We don't eat that much food usually! If you really like the idea of prepaying for your food, then it might be worth thinking about, but you probably won't save money with a dining plan.

We have used Orbitz two times with the promo codes which can be stacked with the Disney discounted rates and for our upcoming stay we used them again for Art of Animation Little Mermaid room which Disney does not discount.

I agree about the dining plan. If it is "free dining", then fine, but for us I would never pay for it either. Way too many desserts...we prefer a salad or appetizer!

HI! Im curious. How do you book through Orbitz and stack the Disney Discount rates as well? Im looking into booking for the beginning of June and Disney is offering a room only discount. Can I get that AND the Orbitz rate as well? I agree about the dining. It would add and extra 1000 bucks to our total if we purchased it. Im used to getting Free Dining, so that is just way too much. Orbitz might be a good option for us this time around.

HI! Im curious. How do you book through Orbitz and stack the Disney Discount rates as well? Im looking into booking for the beginning of June and Disney is offering a room only discount. Can I get that AND the Orbitz rate as well? I agree about the dining. It would add and extra 1000 bucks to our total if we purchased it. Im used to getting Free Dining, so that is just way too much. Orbitz might be a good option for us this time around.

Orbitz is offering discounted Disney rooms plus there is an extra 15% off of those discounted room rates through Jan 4th when using the promo code GIFTME. I was able to get the BC through Orbitz at 40% off, which is Disney's discount plus the 15% promo code discount. Disney will not stack discounts if you book through them. They only allow one form of discount. It is Orbitz that is stacking discounts.

Thanks, all. I got the Disney discount through Orbitz and used GIFTME for that discount. Now I just have to call them and add my kids. Hopefully that'll be as painless as most here have experienced. Fingers crossed. :cool1:

Edit: Adding the kids through Orbitz was perfect and flawless. The CSR was wonderful.

Now I think the only thing I have left to do is wait for Orbitz to update my reservation with my tickets. And then I *think* link those with our FastPass bands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter