First round of stimulus checks deposited today

Yes, our son had his deposited. I'll be honest, this makes no sense to me. He has a good job. Working steadily from home and just got a raise. He doesn't need this...

I would rather it go to people who need it.

Unfortunately, you never know who will need it going forward. My kids were all still working from home. One just got notice that they were being let go yesterday. Company was touted in the press even last fall as being big up & coming company. But have now let go to save 30% of their payroll. And 2 other big national companies in our city have pretty much laid everyone off. This economy stoppage is affecting different companies at all different times. If he doesn’t need it now, he should bank it, just in case.

Unfortunately, you never know who will need it going forward. My kids were all still working from home. One just got notice that they were being let go yesterday. Company was touted in the press even last fall as being big up & coming company. But have now let go to save 30% of their payroll. And 2 other big national companies in our city have pretty much laid everyone off. This economy stoppage is affecting different companies at all different times. If he doesn’t need it now, he should bank it, just in case.

Exactly. We’re both working but you never know. I work for a hospital and I’m seeing layoffs here.

Oh yes, he put it straight into savings. He matches his 401k, and is very frugal. So far, he follows our example.

Nothing here and I'm still waiting for my first unemployment check....wish one or the other would show up soon. :worried:

My daughter's check appeared today. Not sure about my son. Don't know what the order of payment is for people.

My friend got notification from her bank that she will have on the 15th. I started googling to see how they were distributing thinking maybe alphabetically. According to money.com this is how they are distributing (to those that filed 2018/19 taxes):
"A Treasury Department spokeswoman told MONEY that payments are going out in reverse adjusted gross income order, meaning they’re being issued to people with the lowest income first."

My friend got notification from her bank that she will have on the 15th. I started googling to see how they were distributing thinking maybe alphabetically. According to money.com this is how they are distributing (to those that filed 2018/19 taxes):
"A Treasury Department spokeswoman told MONEY that payments are going out in reverse adjusted gross income order, meaning they’re being issued to people with the lowest income first."

What is low income now? Ours is being deposited tomorrow and we make over $100,000 a year.

I thought that was only for when the actual checks get sent. Not for direct deposit.

What is low income now? Ours is being deposited tomorrow and we make over $100,000 a year.
It all depends on your filing status, single, joint, head of household etc. and your adjusted gross income. If you got anything, just be happy.

Yes, our son had his deposited. I'll be honest, this makes no sense to me. He has a good job. Working steadily from home and just got a raise. He doesn't need this...

I would rather it go to people who need it.

We don't need it either. It will go into our savings account. I've been tipping HUGE percentages (like 50%) on our takeout orders lately. Trying to help out those workers however I can. It's the least I can do. I've also been donating to local causes.

Same. But it does depend on your ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME, not your gross income. So, we make over $150k gross, but a large portion is nontaxable income (about 1/3) and then we take the standard deduction and contribute to a 401K type plan, so our AGI is about half our gross income.

I heard on tonight's evening news that payments were processed on Friday but can take up to 3 business days to post to recipients' bank accounts. So maybe tomorrow...

The Get My Payment option is up on the irs site. I went in and it says it doesn’t have my deposit info. I assume bc I owed in 2019 and paid via debit card. They obviously didn’t pull my 2018 since I had direct deposit then. I tried updating but it kept kicking me out. I’m going to try again later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter