First (real) trip for the newest member of our family!!!

Goosehonkhonk

Earning My Ears
I am new here to the Disboards, but have for years enjoyed PTR and TR (along with lots of sage advice!) In a few short weeks, my family (DW, DS 4 and DS 1.5) head back to our Happy place along with my MIL and SIL. I haven't posted enough yet for a signature, but I've travelled to Disney World fairly regularly since 1980 as I had family in Orlando while growing up. My uncle and or Aunt always were CM's at some park or another, so those were the days of free tickets and relatively short lines. Nowadays it seems a visit requires super precise planning, which works out great for me because I am a Project Manager! My spreadsheets are started, packing lists have begun and mental mapping is beginning to solidify. We leave Jan 27th from Atlanta, with an overnight stay in Ocala to break the trip up and then on to Parc Soleil in the morning for a 7 night stay. We have park hoppers and fast passes in hand!! So excited. I ordered a camcorder for this trip, so I will attempt to post photos or videos as things progress.

Right now, my focus is on trying to order a custom "thank you" cake for my MIL, as the patron saint of our vacation. We're having dinner for the first time at Whispering Canyon Monday night and so I am hoping to connect with the bakery. We have ADR's at Morimoto's and Chef Smith's Homecoming the nights before that, so no luck getting a custom cake delivered.

We're also planning something new this year: When we get checked into the Parc Soleil, the DW is going to distract the kids at the playground while the rest of us go decorate the room to "welcome" our sons. I hit Party City yesterday for all kinds of Star Wars and Mickey stuff. I truly find Disney World to be a magical place and want to instill that same sense of magic in my kids. More later...

I am still in the throes of attempting to order a custom cake surprise for my MIL. No word back yet, but I am hopeful yet. We are so excited to see the new parts of Disney Springs. We arrive Saturday morning Jan 27th, and it's straight away to Epcot to check out the International Arts festival. I am super excited to be part of a "first" at Disney! A bit about the fam and me:
Me: Director of Operations at a School
Wife: Stay at home mom (which appears to be a full time job)
First born: 4 years old, going on 80 it seems at times
Youngest: 18 month old, no fear in that one
Mother in Law: Awesome
Sister in Law: Super aunt

All adults are in their mid 30's - early 40's except our dear MIL. We travel together quite a bit as a family, and I am ALWAYS in charge of planning. They went out west without me once and regretted it the whole time (their words not mine :) ) While I don't cast aspersions at those who do, the idea of winging it frightens me a little bit although I will say my wedding invitation said "Location: To be determined on the day of wedding" (long story.)

We're going to squeeze in a trip to IOA / US one day, taking turns so adults only go on two separate days. It seems like most of my year each year is spent waiting on two things: Disney vacation and Christmas....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter