First pre-trip plan after 43 other trips to WDW..

pepe of ohio

DIS Veteran
Let's begin by stating, we've done 43 trips to WSW over the years and I decided to post on this, our 44Th trip taking our new granddaughter, our daughter and son-in-law for her first visit to see Mickey Mouse ( she'll be 11 months when we get there). We've taken quite a few trips to WDW together, they fly and we (old people) take Amtrak. This trip we're all making the drive, hopefully 16 hours straight thru first 2 nights at Daytona so the baby can see the ocean, then on to WDW for a week at the Old Key West, 2 bedroom villa. In all our trips, we've only experienced one villa stay, and that was a studio at WLV, great stay. We had reservations at POFQ, 3 rooms, and then WL, 3 rooms looking for a super discount or price and got in contact with a great personal planner CM at WDW ( she's in Orlando on property) and after going over our wants and needs, she hooked us up to OKW for a song and dance price. My wife's sister and husband will be in Florida along the same time (his parents live in Venice Fla.) and they always wanted to do Disney together, they hear and see all the fun we have while there (movies and pictures) that they said they'll meet up with us for a couple days, hence the 3rd room but as time moves on, those 2 days grew into 3, then 4 and why don't you just stay the whole week (they're not intruding at all) and we'll split the 2 bedroom villa 3 ways ( super super price for everyone) and viola.....we'll be one big happy family.

On our trips we always hit the grocery store in route and load up on sandwich fixing, snacks and beer, pop, alcohol and snacks and now with 6 adults, we might need a semi. We're not planning on cooking alot ( big no-no on our vacation, same for laundry or ironing) so the kitchen will get little use but the full fridge will be real handy. We always leave the parks by noon and enjoy pool picnics with sandwiches and drinks. Being first timers to OKW, we opted to request close to the hospitality house for convenience and ease. Everyone dying to get there. We'll all have cars but myself and wife always used Disney transportation on our trips, I like the buses.

Our daughter had been on all our trips till she married but she met her husband while in Disney doing the college program in her college years, so they are not new comers to WDW, my sister-in-law and husband have been to WDW say 5 trips but aren't knowledgeable on all the tips, tricks and things to do and are excited in doing this with us. We hopefully want this trip to turn into a yearly deal, trying all the DVC villas, we're not members (looked into it, not for us in paying the maintenance fees every year and double points on weekends) but now with this special Disney CM person.........who knows. Wife and I just made the 60 year old mark so who knows how many trips we have left but the 43 previous ones couldn't have been better, all on property and deluxe and ranged earlier on 5 nights to 12-14 nights. We hate going home once we're there so we extend the nights.

We're at the 58 day mark and counting, and I'm just about all packed (I hate last minute packing) I get anxious before a trip and don't need any complications just before. We're not into the dining plans of Disney, hate schedules but have a couple of our favorite ADR's we always go to, the rest we do counter or opt to call the day or before to snag something but food has never been a big issue for us, we're not foodies, TS meals at WDW are over priced and hyped and mediocre at best.

I'll try to post after our return to let anyone interested in knowing about OKW, traveling with a 1 year old, doing Disney first week of December and all the other fun we're planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter