• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First mental picture when you think of WDW?

2TxAgs

DIS Veteran
With all of the rides and shows and attractions, I find that the first picture that pops into my head when I think of WDW is our family sitting on the patio of ASMu eating breakfast. The weather is warm, family groups and individuals with resort mugs are making their way to the food court for breakfast, a few kids are splashing in the pool and my family is relaxed and anticipating the day ahead.

What's your mental pic of WDW?

TxAg

Walking up to the entrance of the MK with the monorail passing overhead, not a cloud in the sky. :wizard:

Standing in the hub in front of the castle, with main street behind me, looking out at all those lands that I spent the last 2 years waiting to be reunited with. :goodvibes

Oh man, I can't believe I won't get to experience that feeling until Feb. 2012.

Blue skies, a light fall breeze blowing and walking down Mainstreet. Can't wait till I can experience it again, hopefully this Nov.!!

walking up Main Street, about half way up, bright blue sky, castle just.....right there!

And warm...always warm!

On arrival day we hit WS first and as we've been staying at the BoardWalk lately, my mental picture is of our stroll over the boards to the IG and on to the 'attraction' pictured below.

Bill From PA

Walking the World Showcase (with beverages in hand) with my husband and our adult children.

walking up Main Street, about half way up, bright blue sky, castle just.....right there!

And warm...always warm!

I agree 100%! Last year was our 1st trip with our kids and walking up main street and seeing the castle kind of sent chills up my body. It brought me back my youth and on Sunday nights watching " The wonderful world of Disney" - and seeing that castle.

We always rent a car when we go and believe it or not the first thing i think of is the "Welcome to Disney" archway with the characters and the purple signs that direct you arround Disney property. When we see those we know the fun is about to begin.

Mine isn't so much a mental picture as it is a mental video. When ever I think of Disney, I see and hear Wishes in my head. The loud booms, the crowd with their ooohs, and aaahs, and of course Jinimy. We sat on the beach at the Poly one year, had a perfect view, sound was piped in...perfect. That is my mental video.

We always rent a car when we go and believe it or not the first thing i think of is the "Welcome to Disney" archway with the characters and the purple signs that direct you arround Disney property. When we see those we know the fun is about to begin.

Oh yeah, that archway is a favorite moment of mine too. It's like when you cross underneath, you enter a different dimension :goodvibes
When we have a car and first drive in, I take a picture of that arch every trip.

Oh yeah, that archway is a favorite moment of mine too. It's like when you cross underneath, you enter a different dimension :goodvibes
When we have a car and first drive in, I take a picture of that arch every trip.

I know what you mean next to my DD6 I think I have more pics of that than anything else.

Gotta go with the hub by the castle looking over at TL and then across the way at AL. Although the Welcome to WDW sign is a close second.

Waking up and getting ready for the next wonderful day there. I love in the morning, its still kind of quiet--you can birds chirping on the beautiful hotel grounds and everyone is excited.

Looking up at the Wishes fireworks and reflecting on the awesome time I have at the World each time I'm there. About makes me cry everytime.

I remember the very first time I saw the castle (May '72). I had just turned 3, so it is a VERY DIM memory. One of the very few things I remember from that trip. I can still remember looking at the castle and then up at my mom and dad. I was already a Disney fan, but at that moment WDW hooked me for life!!!:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter