First Haircut

Kbate

Earning My Ears
Not quite sure where to post this question, so I will try here.

My daughter, 8yo, would like to get her first haircut at the Magic Kingdom. Is this something I need a reservation for and if so, how do I go about making one?

You can make reservations, at the Harmony Barbershop, and if they are available I would make one just do you don't have to wait very long. If you don't have a reservation they take walk ins, and they have been very good about taking walk ins and fitting them in around the reservations in our experience. We usually make reservations for our sons, but once were detained and they let us be fit in as walk ins and didn't charge us as no shows for the missed reservations. The wait wasn't terrible, but it's all luck in how many people happen to show up just before you do! You call 407-939-7529 (407-WDW-PLAY) to make the reservations. Both of my sons got their first haircuts there, and it's such a fun and inexpensive thing to do! I highly recommend it. In fact, they now get their hair cut every trip and for a couple of years we managed to make multiple trips a year. There was a time when he was young that my oldest DS thought you had to go to Disney World to get a haircut :D! Sadly the addition of 2 more kids (at once) eliminated the ability of our family to take multiple trips from PA every year (the sad part is no more multiple trips, not the additional kids :goodvibes:goodvibes !!)

ETA the name of the barbershop

Thank you so much. That makes it much clearer. :) I think I read that my other two could get pixie dust at the same time? True? And if so, do we need a reservation for that too?

I think you can still get pixie dust, and assuming I am correct they would certainly do your other two at the same time as their sibling's first haircut. I would imagine the fact that they were there waiting patiently would make it more likely they would get plenty of pixie dust. I just don't have any personal experience with it, as my sons want no part of it! But I seem to remember other people coming in just for the pixie dust while we were there, and kids getting it after they got their hair cut. No, no reservations. It's a quick, cute little thing!

Thank you so much for all your help. I managed to get her an appointment on our first day there, shortly before we head to CRT. She will be so exited.

Something I learned when I did my son's first haircut there is that you can have them call a Special Moments Disney Photopass photographer and they will come take pictures of your child getting their haircut. I only knew about it because someone before us had requested it and we just had them stay to take our son's pictures too. They took some really great pictures and it's free! We are APs, so we get the Photopass photos included. Obviously if you are not APs, you would have to pay for the photos you wish to keep. I wish I had known about it when my daughter had her first haircut there too.

Something I learned when I did my son's first haircut there is that you can have them call a Special Moments Disney Photopass photographer and they will come take pictures of your child getting their haircut. I only knew about it because someone before us had requested it and we just had them stay to take our son's pictures too. They took some really great pictures and it's free! We are APs, so we get the Photopass photos included. Obviously if you are not APs, you would have to pay for the photos you wish to keep. I wish I had known about it when my daughter had her first haircut there too.

Awesome! Thanks so much. I have already purchased the memory maker so they would be included, right?

Awesome! Thanks so much. I have already purchased the memory maker so they would be included, right?

Yep - it would be! Definitely have them call a photographer then! You'll get some great shots! The first haircut at Harmony is one of my favorite things at Disney. And it's so cheap compared to most other "special" Disney offerings.
Here's one of the pics our photographer snapped. Michael was the one who cut my son's hair and he was amazing and so kind, but I learned he has since retired.

MK_ROVERMAINSTREET_20160908_7796919716.jpg

Wow, you learn something every day! I had both of my older sons get their first haircut there and never knew this! I wish I had!! I wish they had mentioned it to us but I guess they can't really go into that with every first haircut because of all the questions it would bring up and the time it would take, there are so many first haircuts there. When I have my twin sons get their first haircuts (probably next trip, they are too young this time at 6 months) I'll definitely do this.

Yep - it would be! Definitely have them call a photographer then! You'll get some great shots! The first haircut at Harmony is one of my favorite things at Disney. And it's so cheap compared to most other "special" Disney offerings.
Here's one of the pics our photographer snapped. Michael was the one who cut my son's hair and he was amazing and so kind, but I learned he has since retired.

View attachment 260098

He did my youngest son's first haircut, too! I didn't realize he'd retired. He's given both the boys a few haircuts. :)

How good are they. My daughter will be 4 the next time we go and we thought about getting her this. She has thick long wavy hair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter