First Day Stories

MickeyisBeast

DIS Veteran
Everybody makes a big deal about your first day of High School (freshman year).
So, how did your first day of Freshman year go?
Was it a day worth making a movie about, or was it honestly nothing?

I start my Freshman year next Wednesday, and I'm nervous about it but excited at the same time. I'm just hoping nothing goes wrong, haha.

I'm a sophmore this year. My first day of being a freshman was seriously nothing. I don't even remember it. LOL :]

My Sophomore Year starts Friday. For some reason, we have orinetation. :headache:

First day of HS.. you hear the horror stories about Freshman being picked on all the time and such. My first day wasn't really a big deal. I chatted with some upperclassmen that I kinda knew, and everyone was either really nice or ignored me. I didn't get picked on. It was just like any other day, except for the fact I was nervous.
My advice is:: Don't be nervous, and don't be intimidated by upperclassmen. Most of them are really nice and more than happy to help you if you get lost. :thumbsup2

My high school is grade 7-12, so my first day of high school was actually in 7th grade. It was kinda scary, but the majority of the students just ignored us. The 8th graders were our biggest problem because they felt all tough 'cause they've been in the school for a year...lol

But honestly, the first day of high school was nothing. Just like any other day, except I had a little trouble finding my classes.

My first day of high school was pretty unmemorable. Except this one kid in my Physical Science class was pretty funny. We had a sub on the first day and they were asking what everyone wanted to be called (instead of what the computer puts on the list) and she came to this one kid named Kyle and he said, "Call me KAGE" and everyone started laughing, but apparently she wrote it down. When our real teacher came back, he called Kyle, "Kage" for about a month.

Oh and I wandered around for about thirty minutes looking for my history class. It was in a really random area and I couldn't tell there was a door there because there was a crowd of people in front of the door, so I kept walking. That was embarrassing.

My first day of middle school (sixth grade) I dropped my lunch tray in front of the WHOLE cafeteria. I wanted the world to open up and swallow me whole.

My first day of high school was one to remember. The high school was just finishing up being under construction and there were workers in the entrance lobby thing. I'm walking through the doors, and the first thing I do, all of 2 seconds into high school, is slip on some dust they left on the ground and fall flat on my butt. I then proceeded to have one of them tell me to "take it easy" (it was there dust...they should have taken it easy on the drilling or whatever they were doing!) But yeah, that's how I started off my high school career...great start I know.

But after that it was a pretty good day. It was only the freshman there, so we could actually get through the hallways to class. I was super lucky, picking the right random staircases and never got lost at all! Plus I met a ton of people, some of which are now my best friends.

So don't worry about your first day. Ignore all the "freshman kill day" stories; they aren't true. Just enjoy the day because, after all, you will only have 1 first day of high school in your lifetime, so make it one to remember (and not by falling on your butt on the way in ;) )

My first day of high school was pretty uneventful. I just had a really hard time finding my study hall haha. It took me a good week to figure out that it was right next to the stairs that I had to go up :rolleyes: Don't believe all the stories about "Freshman Friday" or anything like it, because they aren't true.

Thanks y'all I'm not as worried anymore, haha.
Tomorrow at orienation/open house I'm taking a detailed tour of the school- I'm absolutly not getting lost the first day of school

It was so unmemorable, I almost forgot whether we had orientation the first day, or the second.
All I remember about my first day was that I had no friends in any of my classes, so I was basically deathly afraid, because I had like what? Two, three friends max? And everyone from my old school didn't really like me. I'm shy, so I don't think I probably spoke to anyone that day. I remember I couldn't find my third period class, so I followed around two boys from my old school because I was hoping they were in the class. Turns out nope, they weren't.
It wasn't really like daunting, or terrifying. I wasn't like nervous. I was more just a little confused about where I was going (they never do SCHOOL orientation, and there are no maps... you just wander till you figure it out) and a little more quiet than I would have been. I didn't make a single friend in grade nine until about October or November.

The second day is orientation, and it's this lame thing where they take the grade nines to a local park and do lame activites (games, rock climbing, etc) so we can try to make friends. Yeah, it's almost an entire day, and I'm not sure WHY it's called orientation. But it makes for great pictures to look back on in grade 12 and laugh.
High school was only memorable for me in my sophomore year. That was a good year. I mean grade nine wasn't bad I guess...
But I hated junior year.

I don't remember it at all, I was in classes with my friends so I basically followed whoever I knew I had class with. I think I might have gotten lost once and I just asked a teacher. Today was my first day as a senior! :D

Don't worry about it, kids here don't really care if you're a freshman as long as you don't act like you're better than everyone. I did see some poor freshmen who were looking for a class that was completely on the other side of the building and the bell was about to ring.

The scariest thing is probably lunch, because when I was a freshman we were terrified at sitting in the upperclassmen's spots. Actually that's pretty much a fear for everyone every year! lol. We pick a table and that's where we sit for the rest of the year, we don't appreciate it when people move around once they pick a spot unless the other table is empty.

My first day of high school was totally uneventful. I think the most relieving part was realizing that the lockers were way too small for me to fit inside. :rotfl: You'll be absolutely fine on your first day.:goodvibes

Actually had my first day last Friday! I was dreading it sooooooo badly. By no means do I enjoy it, but it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. You will be fine! Hope you first day goes ok. :thumbsup2

My school goes from Pre-Kindergarten to 12th grade and I have been there the entire time. I will be going into 11th grade this year. So technically my 1st year at the school was in Pre-Kindergarten when I was 4 years old. I don't remember much about it, but my Mom told me I cried a lot and didn't want her to leave me. :)

Thanks guys.
I just got back from my Open House and all my teachers *seem* nice and I know a lot of kids in my classes. I'm probably going to get lost, since the school is so huge and confusing! Oh well, I'll find my way eventually.

It was scary! I was so nervous about getting lost. My math teacher gave us a tour though.
I sort of remember random stuff from first day. I remember my outfit, & my first period teacher giving me my schedule.
It's so weird. I'm going to be a senior on Monday!

I'm gonna be a senior ... hmm..my first day..

I was worried about who to sit with at lunch. Classes weren't that bad but it was awkward how when you would walk in and sit down everyone would stare at you.

i remember my first day at seconday school ahaha, i cant believe it was 2 years ago!

i remember i hated it and i had no friends LOL.

but, i made friends with this one girl, then i moved to a different group, then they started to go bad, so i started to hang out with a girl i got the train with in the afternoon and some other girls i knew because we met up in the summer before our first day, then they sort of went off, and i ended up being friends with a girl (before you even say anything, it an all girls school, hahaha) that sat one person away from me, and then it sort of ended up with her being friends with someone else etc, so we ended up with our group, who i am still best friends with to this day! and the girl i get the train with, we are really close now as well! so everything turned out alright, even though i hate meeting new people, haha.

so its me, Maddy (the girl i met first, haha), our next member was Chloe!, then Rachele, then the other Chloe, hahah, and then Phoenix

but i dont even remember it very well LOL

I'm starting my sophomore year of college on Saturday and I'm trying to remember my freshman year of high school...I do remember what I was wearing and I remember I had choir first period. I think I got lost trying to find my Spanish class. Oh, and I remember one of the dumb sophomore girls was harassing a friend and I. She thought she was hot stuff because she wasn't a freshman anymore, but that clearly wasn't true. You'll have a great time though...high school is a lot better than middle school!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter