• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fireworks in November?

Isabel

Mouseketeer
An "Operating Hours" calendar I found online for November 2016 (seems to be for travel agents) indicates that Wishes will not be shown during our 11/14-20 visit. Does that mean there are no fireworks at all at the castle? I can't imagine just turning out the lights and going home at the end of the day. :worried:

The fireworks times will be added to the calendar within the next month or so.

Just know going into it that the nights the park closes at 7 for MVMCP there won't be fireworks before the park closes for the day. Holiday Wishes will be done instead during the party. Additionally, I think there could be the week there is an additional early closing night (4:30???) for a cast member appreciation party. No Wishes that night either.

Expect the limited nights with Wishes to be very crowded.

I saw the 4:30 closing (Thursday, 11/17) and wondered what that was about. DH and I went to MVMCP in 2000 and are trying to decide whether to go again or not.

I saw the 4:30 closing (Thursday, 11/17) and wondered what that was about. DH and I went to MVMCP in 2000 and are trying to decide whether to go again or not.

The 11/17 4:30pm close is for Disney's annual Cast Member Appreciation event. They close the park and recognize cast members who have worked at disney for 15/20/25/30 years. This year it happens to be at MK. I wondered the same thing, but then found this out. Great for Disney to recognize their loyal employees. Plus side is that the crowds at MK during the day that day will be even lighter than the morning crowds on a party day, so may actually be a benefit.

the party and special event fireworks are also larger if it is an early close night without wishes. It's a great time to hang around contemporary or poly for dinner and watch them from there.

not sure if a fireworks cruise is an option on those nights but something to look into if you were considering that anyway.

I think MSEP and Wishes just got added to the schedule for November 2016 (thru November 21)!

I think MSEP and Wishes just got added to the schedule for November 2016 (thru November 21)!

Thanks! I wasn't seeing it on the travel agent Nov PDF nor on the calendar section of the Wishes page.

But I did see it when I checked the park calendar
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/magic-kingdom/2016-11-12/#timeofday=allday

Hopefully the schedule is still being uploaded because I don't see MSEP on 11/12 which is the only non-MVMCP day of my trip.

It's showing on 11/9 though so I hope 11/12 is not final :/

I keep getting a Stitch error - maybe they're uploading more Nov entertainment.

*Edit MSEP is showing for 11/12 now! They must have just added it between the time it took me to write the post and recheck the link yay :D

I vaguely remember another thread that had mention of a cast member holiday party/appreciation night this fall. If the dates surrounding it are good, this might be when mk is closing early for cast members.

I think the special cast party that is closing MK early occurs on 11/17. MK closes at 4:30 pm that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter