Fireworks fires behind Magic Kingdom

civileng68

<font color=teal>That May scare the poopy out of m
Hey, does anyone have any further info on this? I've driven behind the MK many times to check out the fireworks location but only now, since the new show is in place, I'm seeing that there have CLEARLY been fires behind the Magic Kingdom all around the shoot location.

Today we drove by to check out the prep for July 4 and saw that there had clearly been fires in the woods around the shoot location. To that point - today they had mobile sprinkler systems spraying in the woods (not just the road but deep into the shrubbery) around 1pm, for maybe 300 yards in each direction of the shoot site - where the woods are charred black from fire.

Has there been ANY news on this or is this just nothing big?

Since it is woods, I'm assuming it hasn't really made the headlines. If they have Mobile sprinklers, they know the risk is there and that they need to take preventative measures.

If people are reporting that fireworks refuse is falling on their lawn or car, there's always a risk for fires. Where the junk is, a spark can be. I suspect the only reason they can do that show is that it's in Florida and dry conditions aren't quite as big of worry as elsewhere.

As a local Floridian, I agree that conditions in SUMMER are not a big concern for most of us due to fires. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of this ever happening before because, in the winter and spring, we are bone dry and this could be an issue. I doubt it will be. I'm just curious if this ever happens (as I've never seen charred areas back there before) or if this is something new, or related to the new show.

As a local Floridian, I agree that conditions in SUMMER are not a big concern for most of us due to fires. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of this ever happening before because, in the winter and spring, we are bone dry and this could be an issue. I doubt it will be. I'm just curious if this ever happens (as I've never seen charred areas back there before) or if this is something new, or related to the new show.

Oh, I see. Well, I think you may be our best source for that, then. If it didn't make the local papers, it probably hasn't been a problem before. It'll be interesting to see if it becomes a problem.

How different is the new show? Are there more fire works or different kinds of fireworks?

Personal Opinion - the new show is 10X better than Wishes and it does seem there are more pyrotechnics in general, but I doubt there are more from the launch site as it was already max capacity. I am guessing there was a bad wind one night in the last few days, or some shell didn't do what it was supposed to.

Hey, does anyone have any further info on this? I've driven behind the MK many times to check out the fireworks location but only now, since the new show is in place, I'm seeing that there have CLEARLY been fires behind the Magic Kingdom all around the shoot location.

Today we drove by to check out the prep for July 4 and saw that there had clearly been fires in the woods around the shoot location. To that point - today they had mobile sprinkler systems spraying in the woods (not just the road but deep into the shrubbery) around 1pm, for maybe 300 yards in each direction of the shoot site - where the woods are charred black from fire.

Has there been ANY news on this or is this just nothing big?

There are small fires from time to time in that area, nothing major, and are cleared promptly before Floridian Way reopens. A bit of hyperbole about the woods being "charred black from fire".

Reference the sprinklers, that happens EVERY DAY, (rain or shine) back the the pyro area. Also some of the building roof in MK have sprinklers on them each day before fireworks.

My first thought would be that probably all the fire or burned trees you saw were from controlled burns to clean the area.

Doing controlled burns and then having sprinkler systems around the area in place would make a lot of sense for a daily firework area.

Veteran - that's what I was curious about. I've never witnessed the charred trees in the area but I also had never seen nor knew about the woods being "wet" intentionally during the day. Makes more sense now that it is a regular occurrence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter