Finger Scan--curled/arthritis hands/fingers

Tara619

Mouseketeer
I was reading another thread about the finger scans. I have scleroderma and it causes my fingers to curl in and they're almost frozen. I can't move the joints much at all. So there's no possible way I can flatten my fingers, or even the tip of my fingers onto a flat surface for a finger scan.

Is there an alternative? Is this something I need to discuss with guest services?

If you have an AP, Florida Resident ticket, or room key (KTTW) with your tickets on it your name is preprinted on it. If you have a regular ticket there is a light gray strip on the back and you can legibly print your name, in ink, in this strip.

Then, when you go to a turnstile have your ticket out and a photo ID so the names match and you can show this to the CM at the gate. At that time the CM will have you insert the ticket in the turnstile slot and will push a combination of buttons to allow the turnstile to accept your ticket without a scan and unlock.

Cheshire Figment is the resident expert, I am just nodding my head YES to what he wrote.:thumbsup2

That scanner hates my fingers! I am missing several fingers and for the last 4 trips I did not know that signing my card and handing my ID to the person would make all the diffficulties go away. Finally, after me nearly crying at the turnstile, the CM told my traveling companion just what Cheshire wrote above.
(I was 20 feet away trying to fight back tears. The CM had been less than understanding, in her insistance that I needed to scan my finger. It was only after I was through that she realized the issue needed a solution, so she offered it to my friends.)

It worked very well the remainder of the trip! I did not have to hold up my hands in the air to SHOW my problem, I did not have to scan and re-scan only to have the thing reject every time, and I did not have to insist they push me through when they are trained not to. The ID+Ticket works for anyone who does not want to be scanned, for ANY reason. As long as the ID matches the ticket they smile, push a button, run my ticket and I am on my way. I no longer had to be the "different" one.

I wish I had asked this same question 4 trips ago!!! Have a great time!!!!

I wear gloves because of my manual wheelchair, and I never even get asked! I have an AP, but do not get out an ID or anything... they just send me through, every time...

So i know there is a way around it!

There were times when we went throught he gates that they never asked to have my finger scanned. I was pushing the stroller with DS in it. We had KTTW cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter