• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

finding late night food and drink

Elizakapeka

Mouseketeer
We are a group of 4 disney adults that are late nighters. I know it can be difficult to find food and drink in the parks and resorts later in the evening. Is there an easy way to find what's open late without pulling up each individual restaurant to see the hours? In MDE is there a way to search food and drinks by what is currently open? Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

We are a group of 4 disney adults that are late nighters. I know it can be difficult to find food and drink in the parks and resorts later in the evening. Is there an easy way to find what's open late without pulling up each individual restaurant to see the hours? In MDE is there a way to search food and drinks by what is currently open? Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?
Would you be willing to say what area of the property and/or what resort you'll be staying in so it's easier to help you out and make suggestions.

sure, we are staying at the poly for the first time ever. I know in the past when I havent made reservations for dinner I get distracted by rides and other things and I forget to eat, then its late, were hungry and its hard to find anything open lol, im sure something is open but when youre in the moment its hard to find.

If you look in the app, choose your location and dining. Then look for the places that have either a wait time for their walk-up list or an option to do a mobile order. TS will close earlier than QS. QS generally ends when the park closes. As an example, MK has extended hours tonight and closes at midnight. You can order from Casey's through 11:55 pm.

Captain Cooks QS at your resort is open 7am to 11pm daily. Tambu Lounge is open til 10 and offers a small menu mostly appetizers. Contempo Cafe at Contemporary is also open until 11pm, as is Steakhouse 71.
Gasparilla Island Grill at GF is open til midnight. And that's only what's near your resort, and not in a park. ;)

I believe the establishment open the latest on property is Jellyrolls, a piano bar at the Boardwalk. It's open til 1:45am currently (could vary by season). I will caution, however, that the only food is popcorn and the drinks are nothing special. But the atmosphere and sing-alongs can be really fun (especially with a little pre-gaming and providing you don't have to drive). I've found it's very much like college in that it doesn't really get going until 9:30pm and later (after the parks close). The restaurants in the Swan and Dolphin within walking distance of Boardwalk are all open until ~11 or 11:30 (vs. the Disney restaurants in the area that close ~9:30) -- and are very good - Shula's bluezoo, Il Mulino. I think Three Bridges (open air bar & grill) over at Coronado is open until midnight. Think most Disney Springs spots are open until 11 - maybe 11:30 on weekends.

Playa Pizza is off-property, but in the MK area (can see fireworks through front windows) and open until 2am. Am sure there's a bunch more if willing to venture off property.

I believe the establishment open the latest on property is Jellyrolls, a piano bar at the Boardwalk. It's open til 1:45am currently (could vary by season). I will caution, however, that the only food is popcorn and the drinks are nothing special. But the atmosphere and sing-alongs can be really fun (especially with a little pre-gaming and providing you don't have to drive). I've found it's very much like college in that it doesn't really get going until 9:30pm and later (after the parks close). The restaurants in the Swan and Dolphin within walking distance of Boardwalk are all open until ~11 or 11:30 (vs. the Disney restaurants in the area that close ~9:30) -- and are very good - Shula's bluezoo, Il Mulino. I think Three Bridges (open air bar & grill) over at Coronado is open until midnight. Think most Disney Springs spots are open until 11 - maybe 11:30 on weekends.

Playa Pizza is off-property, but in the MK area (can see fireworks through front windows) and open until 2am. Am sure there's a bunch more if willing to venture off property.
wow thats a huge list thank you! now after your answer... is there any disney transportation that runs that late or am I better off using uber?

wow thats a huge list thank you! now after your answer... is there any disney transportation that runs that late or am I better off using uber?
Disney transport will stop running about 1.5 hours after park close, this is true for Disney Springs also. So, Lyft may be more convenient or possibly the only option.

For Disney Springs you could use Disney transportation (bus) both ways -- but ride share could be quicker. For the others, I'd say in terms of getting back to your resort at the end of the night, you're probably stuck with ride share. Depending on when you head out, you could get creative and use Disney transportation if you wanted to (for example from MK (or any park) - assuming park still open- take bus to Boardwalk or Coronado)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter