Finally booked after awful year

strawberry blonde

DIS Veteran
Booked flights with Virgin Sunday morning 29/4-15/5.

After DH diagnosis of lung cancer last July and intensive chemoradiotherapy, consultant said we can go :yay::cool1::banana::dance3:

Fingers crossed.

Glad you got booked up. I hope you have a great holiday - it will be here before you know it - sounds like you both need, and deserve it :hug:.

So sorry to hear about your dh, glad you're able to go and wish you a great holiday & successful treatment for your dh.

A very well deserved trip, wishing do all the best & hope your trip is wonderful x

Strawberry - can I ask who you have got your travel insurance through please? Someone I know is trying to get insurance after her DD has had a brain tumour. She was quoted nearly £3000 from one insurer! :scared: Thanks for your help.

Strawberry - can I ask who you have got your travel insurance through please? Someone I know is trying to get insurance after her DD has had a brain tumour. She was quoted nearly £3000 from one insurer! :scared: Thanks for your help.

I did an online quote with one company and it was £3577 :crazy2: Then I remembered seeing a thread about Eurotunnel on one of the forums. I had to phone them for USA as they only do Europe on the website. They don't do medial screening to keep their costs down but they asked the following questions:-

Are you under 69? Are you going to the country to get medical treatment? Have you been told your condition is terminal? Has your Doctor said you are fit to fly?
It came in at £112 annual insurance for both of us.

I did a thread on here and also another forum as it seemed to good to be true.
In the end I e-mailed Allianz the underwriters and they sent me an e-mail confirming my husband would be covered for emergency treatment ( which hopefully we won't need).

If you think of anything else, just pm me. x

Thank you so much for the quick reply. :goodvibes I will email her now.

I'll pm you if she has any questions. :thumbsup2

Strawberry - I passed on the details and she was very grateful. Thank you! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter