Final Resort Choice GF Hope no regrets

tylerbug

Mouseketeer
I have changed resorts several time since I purchased airfare back in May for 2008.......first had CSR then switch to WL then YC and the last day of the room only discounts GF was showing....I had a great rate with Mousefest for YC but I really wanted my 10 year daughter to experience GF...last time we where there she was too young to remember and she has always wanted to go back..........the room(gardenview) was quiet a but more...but, I really think she will enjoy it...(boys are not too happy!!) ....if anyone can help please convience me I made the right choice....going December 12-18..we had made a list of pros and cons and we had equal amounts for each so it was a toss up........also if anyone can suggest where/what building to request it would be appreciated.......................

While he YC is nice - I think the GF is the perfect Christmas resort. If we weren't DVC we'd be staying there on our Christmas trip. We had a garden view room on our last stay and it was great. Our view was actually of the water and the monorail on the MK side of the resort. Have a great time

Hi !!! If it make syou feel any better...I also changed from CR...to POLY and ended up with the GF..we have 2 DD's aged 8 and 6 and I want this to be a wonderful experience.:;) It's their first time to WDW !!! ..I also kept asking myself if I did good or not in changing resort...my DH has NO CLUE of where we are staying...!!! :rolleyes1 ..he just knows when we leave and that's it. I have been planning this trip for a year. We will be at the Gf from the 14th until the 19th !!! and I was able to apply the discount codes !!:banana:

I am sure we will all have a magical stay !!!:wizard:

you will love it
check out the gf faq thread! I love the gf and know many of the cms there from my visits

NovandDecdisneyxmas2006052.jpg

My first pick would be Big Pine Key, it is super close to the main building and we love the view of the quiet pool ! It is the farthest away from Gasparilla's ( the quick service place) BUT during the day you can get your mug refilled at the pool bar that is right out side the building!

The second choice would be Sago..... it is a walk from the main building but it is closets to Gasparilla's, also it is pretty close to the bus stop I believe. The views there are of the marina or the seven seas lagoon.

HTH, have a great trip!

I hope you have a great trip and I feel your pain about wondering if it is the right choice. Having just returned from the GF, I had switched our reservation from WL to CR to GF. We wanted to stay at all the hotels on the monorail to see which one we liked best. DH and I agree that while the GF was nice, it wasn't our favorite. We love the Poly and that will now be our first choice. With that being said, we still enjoyed our time at the GF. Christmas time looks beautiful - have fun!

I wouldn't worry about a building request. The GF isn't as spread out as a moderate so all the buildings are realatively close to the main building.

You made a GREAT choice for December!! :santa: We arrive there in 44 days and I can't wait!! :banana:

We are staying at the Poly again this year but on last year's trip when we visited the GF, DD9 and I instantly fell in love with it and wished we could switch resorts half-way through that trip (we didn't).

We LOVE the Poly (and we're staying there this year because we know my parents will feel more comfortable there, and truthfully, so will we) but I someday hope to stay at the GF because it truly feels DELUXE to me.

So what I'm trying to say is, I'm sure you made a great decision! :thumbsup2

We have stayed in Sago Cay for the past three years and face the Marina. We love it there. It is far enough away from the pool, but close enough to the main building. It is also in our price range!

Tylerbug You not only made the right choice..you made a great choice! The GF is a beautiful resort and especially at Christmas The gingerbread house that Alicnwondln posted is an example of what you'll see,and besides the regular evening music we have heard in past holiday visits a bell choir, a group singing holiday songs...I could go on and on...

As far as GV buildings go we like Boca Chica it has a great view of the courtyard pool and main building and is pretty centrally located..

Also the GF is a truly fun family resort...maybe doing a tea with your DD would be nice...

Enjoy:santa:

OMG, you will have the best time. Our favorite trip to WDW was the time we stayed at GF. The hotel is amazing and you feel like you are staying in style. We stayed in the Sago Cay building and had a view of the castle. I sent a room request form in about 3 days before our trip saying that my daughters would love to have a view of the castle and they made their dreams come true. We were able to watch the fireworks at MK from our bedroom and then the water parade went by our room on the lake as well. We also lucked out in getting to see Cinderella's carriage and horses as they were out for a wedding that was being held at the pavilion. I was also unsure because of the price but I am glad I went ahead and splurged. You will have an amazing time.

Susan

You totally made the right choice! I've stayed there before and it's so amazing, and well... grand! DH has never, but we walked through it, and he said THIS is where we HAVE to stay next time ;)

OH MY GOSH....this was exactly what I was looking for...I feel much better now............thanks a million everyone!!

Thanks so much for creating this thread!!! After reading it, I called and checked for a better rate and got a $500 room discount. Twice I had previously called and nothing. I am so happy!!! By the way, you will love the GF!! It is my favorite resort so we go all out and book it for special trips. And, it is absolutely beautiful during the holidays. We are there 11/28-12/7. Am getting real excited!! Have a great trip and thanks for the tip! :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter