• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Filtered water bottles

Magnetgirl25

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone! I am getting anxious for our upcoming trip to Disney!! I was curious if you use or have used a filtered water bottle at Disney. This is our first trip without a stroller (YEAH!!!) however this means no cooler or a place to store multiple water bottles. I drink a lot of water so I would like to use a filtered water bottle. Can you suggest one brand over another? Thanks in advance for your help!

Can't help you with a filtered bottle but my husband brought an empty naglene bottle (which I laughed at himduring packing) that he filled up using water fountains whenever we took a bathroom break. It was so hot that I actually drank the tap water which does have a light after taste. It kept the three of us hydrated during two very hot and crowded September days and between meals. He also carried the bottle in his backpack since it was too big for our umbrella stroller.

A filtered bottle is a great idea! Good luck with your trip :)

I bought a few of the Britta refillable filtered water bottles for our trip last July. They worked great. Took the taste out of the water that you were talking about.

We took Brita filtered bottles and it worked great, no taste issues at all. We put them in a bag with the ponchos, and we wrapped them up in them which also helped keep the bottles cool.

Thank you everyone for your advice. I was looking at the Brita water bottles and those were the bottles that I was leaning towards. After hearing everyone's advice I am going to be purchasing them for our upcoming trip!! I am getting so excited!! Thanks again!

After seeing some of the nasty things people do at the water fountains, would never drink the water from them. Have never carried water with us, just get cups of ice water at the CS places - filtered and ready when needed/wanted. To each their own though!

After seeing some of the nasty things people do at the water fountains, would never drink the water from them. Have never carried water with us, just get cups of ice water at the CS places - filtered and ready when needed/wanted. To each their own though!

Except you have to wait for it, or cut past/squeeze through people waiting for their food.

We bring Bobbles. If you let the fountain run for a few seconds the water gets colder.

If you have issues with fountains, don't go near any of the water features, don't touch a single hand rail... heck, don't go to WDW at all - it's full of gross people who do all kinds of horrid things to everything there.

Except you have to wait for it, or cut past/squeeze through people waiting for their food.

We bring Bobbles. If you let the fountain run for a few seconds the water gets colder.

If you have issues with fountains, don't go near any of the water features, don't touch a single hand rail... heck, don't go to WDW at all - it's full of gross people who do all kinds of horrid things to everything there.

Nope, seldom wait long for it, as we don't wait until busy times to get our water. We also don't cut past, squeeze through, or otherwise act rude just to get our water.

Thanks for all the sarcastic warnings that had nothing to do with the drinking fountains and ingesting the water!

If you want to drink from fountains after people have washed their hands, washed their babies bum, or a child putting it entirely in their mouths, help yourself!!

I try to keep my hands to myself (no railings) wash them frequently, use sanitizer, and keep my hands away from my face (in all places, not just Disney).
Not fanatical, and yes, I sometimes forget, but it has paid off - dh and I are rarely sick with contact viruses, etc.
Thanks also for telling me not to go to WDW at all - sorry, though, that's advice I don't plan to take! :P

I've used the Britta filter water bottle the past two trips and it has been awesome. I usually get a cup of ice at counter service to add since I like really cold water.

We take Brita bottles as well. We have gone in July the last 2 years and it has been very hot and humid. I want to have water with us at all times, seriously a sense of panic sets in a little when the bottle starts getting down to the end. We have filled up with free counter service water, water from the sink in the restroom and from a fountain, just depends on what is most accessible when the panic sets in. When we were off site, each night I froze one and just put the other in the fridge so we had cold water for quite a while. When we were onsite with not great freezing capability I would put the half full bottle in the fridge the night before then top it off with ice from the machine before heading to the bus stop. We carried a backpack that has a drink holder on each side. I put a coozie (medium sized from Dunkin Donuts) in each drink pocket and just slid the Brita bottles in there to keep it cold just a bit longer and to prevent the inevitable condensation from making the bag wet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter