• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

field trip question

All of our trips are paid by the parents/guardians. No PTA funds for trips. Of course there are some special circumstances when a child can't afford to attend and, as a teacher, I have always covered those myself. chaperones pay the same fee unless it's a place that doesn't charge for adults. Then they just pay the bus fee.

In elementary school, the PTA gave $10 per kid towards the field trips, so however far that went, and then parents would pay the balance. They always used school buses, so there was never any transportation fee. Most trips were no cost to the parents or a nominal fee, like $3
In middle school, the PTA gives $1500 per grade-which is like $5 a kid, but I think it goes to transportation because they always use the coach type buses. Don't ask me why, other than the 8th grade, which has a field trip an hour and a half away, the trips aren't that far..and in fact, the 2nd and 7th grade field trips are both to Liberty Science Center. Cost me $9 for my second grader and like $25 when she got to 7th. LOL @@
High school, I don't know. I can't remember if my freshman went on one this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter