Festival of Holidays aka Food and Wine

Man, you guys weren't kidding about the small sizes. Those pics and vids make it look like I could take each item out in 2-3 bites. And for those prices?!?! We may just stick with normal dining. Maybe this will make it easier to grab a sourdough chowder bowl.

What does look good is that frozen chocolate milk. Now I'll have to decide if I want that or something awesome at Ghiradelli.

Anyone there done Epcot F&W? It sounds like prices/proportions are very similar to that festival?
Overall, the prices seem higher than at Epcot's F&W. This year at Epcot, there were only about 10 food items that were $6 or more. The two most expensive items were the filet mignon and lobster roll at $7.75 each, but most items were between $4.00 and $6.00 and portion sizes in general were pretty reasonable.

I just tried the frozen chocolate milk today and it is literally semi-frozen Nesquick. If you want something with a deeper chocolate flavor, go for Ghirardelli.

Man, you guys weren't kidding about the small sizes. Those pics and vids make it look like I could take each item out in 2-3 bites. And for those prices?!?! We may just stick with normal dining. Maybe this will make it easier to grab a sourdough chowder bowl.

What does look good is that frozen chocolate milk. Now I'll have to decide if I want that or something awesome at Ghiradelli.

Found some reviews on a couple of the dishes- no wonder everyone is talking about prices! http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201611/5330/ I thought Epcot's was a bit pricey, but it's Disney and all, and then I read this review that said the 3-bite duck spring roll is $8.75 :crazy2: I love duck but ouch. Hoping to visit the festival but I think I'll need to budget some more $$ and be more discerning than I was in FL last year. I very much look forward to everyone's reviews!
There is no AP discount either.

Here's the adobo pork bao. I was pleasantly surprised to find it was a thick slice of pork belly and not just shredded pork. I've had Filipino adobo before and the taste was spot on. The vinegary marinade and pickled slaw balanced out the fattiness of the meat.

Attachments

• IMG_20161111_235336.jpg
    IMG_20161111_235336.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 27
I hope this works! Sorry the map was well-loved by my daughter, but I thought it might be interesting if it turns out legible.

That's the Brisket Potato Croquette, Chicken Tamale, and Raspberry tart with a wine tasting (they say 3oz but it wasn't very full, not worth it). I got some other stuff but didn't take pics.

The entertainment is great, and there are four craft stations that my daughter really enjoyed (she's 3 1/2).

Thank you for posting the photos!!!

We've been to Epcot F&W and were at California Adventure last night, and found the Holiday selections slightly bigger and slightly more expensive. We got the turkey slider, the mac & cheese, the chicken sausage, the short ribs, the curry with naan, and a hard lemonade and a hard apple cider and everything was just fantastic. (We obviously used the booths as a substitute for dinner, LOL!) Also, Friday had crazy crowds in both parks and every booth we went to had zero line. Like, ZERO. I mean CMs just standing around waiting to serve food. And unlike Epcot, there's plenty of places to sit!!! We had a blast and highly recommend.

We have done Epcot's Food & Wine and Flower & Garden and the prices at WDW are definitely more reasonable than DCA. The portions seem to be about the same but definitely around $1-2 more for similar items. There were zero lines all weekend at DCA, but most stands at Epcot were at least a 5 minute wait. I think the difference is people go to Epcot specifically for F&W, where this Festival of Holidays just happens to be at DCA.

Hey everyone, don't forget to write your thoughts on your experiences at Festival of Holidays to Disneyland's Guest Relations team- the good AND the bad! You don't even have to wait at the Chamber of Commerce in person to do it in parks- you can email them at your convenience after your trip, and we know from various reports on the Boards here they do read the emails. As the first time they're trying this I'm sure they'll be looking for guest feedback. (Especially if they aren't receiving the enthusiastic response DCA F&W did in April.)

I am really looking forward to trying some of the items recommended on the DIS podcast. Though they didn't love the kugel, I really like it and only get it in Utah during the high holidays or a bar/bat mitzvah. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter