Feeling sick over paying full price

I agree--paying full price seems like you're getting ripped off! I do have AAA, so there's always a room discount if you have that and no other offers come up. You can look into joining AAA to see if the discount would be more than the membership fees. (which I think are up in the $75 range, but I'm not even sure)

We booked through AAA for a little discount, but other than that we are paying full price for a Deluxe resort and dining. It makes me sick too :scared1:

Here to hoping a discount comes out!!!:cheer2:

Don't despair--you may still get a discount. I personally believe from what I have read on Orlando and Disney that their performance is not as strong as expected, and Fall is usually slower... let's wait and see.

My hubby & I have been married almost 8 years; we go to WDW every year and always paid full price. You've been lucky, you had to know that sooner or later you'd be paying full price. What if they do away with all the discounts completely, does that mean you would never go then?

That's why I'm going in Sept. instead of Oct. this year like I wanted. I just couldn't handle not getting a discount. :rotfl:

Maybe next year I can deal with just getting an AAA room only discount for my solo trip but I need time to get used to the idea. I'm even toying around with the idea of not going at all next year and doing a solo trip someplace else.

My hubby & I have been married almost 8 years; we go to WDW every year and always paid full price. You've been lucky, you had to know that sooner or later you'd be paying full price. What if they do away with all the discounts completely, does that mean you would never go then?

Yeah. For me its not about the price, but about value. I don't mind paying 500 a night for a room if its worth it. I'm not sure any of the disney resorts are worth what they are asking.

When do you go? I go to WDW several times a year and have never paid rack rate (unless I was doing free dining).:eek: I currently have two more trips booked for this year (Sept 10th-18th and Nov 26th-Dec 4th) both booked using the bounceback offer that was in our room this past May. The May trip was originally booked using the GP code that came last Jan for most dates in 2011, but we switched to the AP code when it came out.

Don't despair--you may still get a discount. I personally believe from what I have read on Orlando and Disney that their performance is not as strong as expected, and Fall is usually slower... let's wait and see.

Let's hope you are right Park !!!

I feel your pain. I just booked our trip for July 2012. Did it through AAA for now, some discount better than no discount. Our last two trips we had some type of discount: 2009 -buy 4 get 3 nights free (would love that one to come back) along with 4 day ticket 3 days free. In the fall 2010: we got the 40% off for our room, but had to book rack rate at first. The previous two before those were with AAA discount, but I think the one with them ended up having a Disney discount but AAA did it for us. Even if there is no big discount we're still going. We're going to be celebrating our 10 year anniversary with our three kids! :cool1:

I just can't justify a full price stay. I was on the website scoping out possible costs today and the CM that was on started chatting with me. I told them I was just looking around for a possible JAN 2012 stay, but could not afford a deluxe without a good discount. They offered no help or encouragement for a discount. Made me sad:sad1:, I was hoping he would give me a hint about some fabulous discount, but no-dice. Heres to hoping that we all get what we want at least 40% off!!!!!:cheer2:

I just booked off site for late Nov/early Dec.

I received a 30% resort room rate pincode for Disney and it wasn't enough for me to stay on property.

I've had free dining with Disney and I'm hooked on it. Without it I'm off site with a full kitchen and some restaurant.com coupon certificates to cut down on our dining expense this next trip. By the way I'm getting a suite with 2 BRs, 2 baths, a good, hot free breakfast and an evening reception some nights for a cost less than a moderate. There's a shuttle service to the parks, too; so, I don't pay for Disney parking. Our suite is 830 square feet which is 2X larger and then some bigger than most rooms at Disney.

Give some off site places a chance and you'll see how fast free dining will return with Disney.

I may never look back, now. We took a different vacation this year and we had a suite and that's spoiling me, now.

Keep a watch out for discounts or pin codes. Something might come up.
Good Luck, I'm sure you will still have a fabulous trip!

The rising prices make me value our DVC points all the more. I couldn't bear to pay full rack rates.

We "have" to go Christmas Week...I'm a teacher, kids can't miss school...It's the only week we can go if we want to experience the holidays at Disney.

Not a discount to be had...not even AAA. I would have rented points from a DVC owner, but I always worry about having to cancel...

So, we're staying in a Value room, standard!!! It was the only way I could make it "affordable."

Rack rate bites.:eek:

Kerri

I think that we should all become a little more proficient in the stock market. Not to invest and make money, but to know how well Disney is doing and what our odds are of getting better discounts in the future. Any stock brokers on here?:cool2:

Well, I live local, so I would at least do day trips. However, this year out of my 5 1/2 weeks vacation, I'm spending 4 1/2 weeks at WDW because of discounted room rates. The discounts are going down, and working on my budget for next year, I'm only penciling in 2 1/2 WDW weeks, and the remainder somewhere else that costs less. When I worked where I only earned one or two weeks of vacation, it was easier to pay the higher rates, but it gets expensive trying to plan out that much vacation time - so no deal, no room.

Out of over 100 WDW vacations, I've only paid rack rate twice. Once, way, way back when we made our first on property stay (talking 1970's here) and once for a special occasion where the specific resort was more important that getting the best rate. But at this stage of my life, every dollar has to do double work, so if it's rack rate or nothing, it has to be nothing. But I try to qualify for as many discounts as possible, so hopefully I'll still be able to afford at least a couple weeks on property for a while longer.

For the record, I've never, ever received a PIN, and doubt I ever will. I think I live too close to the action!

I agree about feeling a bit "cheated". Since DS was born, we've gravitated toward the BCV 1BR units, which work great for us. We've gotten some great discounts over the past four years and even have saved enough on two of the visits that we were able to use the extra $$ to "treat" family to a stay in a regular BC room (the extra hands are great so we can be a bit more flexible and we love building extended family WDW memories for our son).

The last two trips though, we've struck out. No AAA discount either time and last time, although we did get free dining, I didn't really view that as a perk (it's way more & way heavier than we normally eat and I hate how crowded all the restaurants are when they are offering free dining).

That said, we're going back in October at full price like the lemmings that we are :) I hope a discount comes out but, once I resign myself to not having one, we'll still have a great time taking DS to his first MNSSHP.

I totally understand how you feel. In 2009 we got a wonderful deal - stay 4 nights and get 3 free. I doubt if we'll ever see that again though.

Ok I admit it we have been spoiled by all the Disney discounts. With the exception of our trip in 2005 when we did not have a clue that Disney offered discounts. In 2008 we got 40% off Deluxe. In 2009 & 2010 we got free dining in Nov & Dec.

I just booked and paid for our trip in October 25-30. No discount no pin codes, no free dining :sick: Just makes me sick to pay full price! I will be watching here and at WDW online to see if any offers come out. I also plan on calling weekly asking about a pincode.

Am i the only one who feels sick to pay full price? This trip is extra special though because we will be at WDW for DD's 11th birthday on the 29th! I have to keep reminding myself that the money I am not spending on a birthday party for her this year helps offset the no disney discounts.

We've been staying onsite since 2003 and I have never paid rack rate. EVER. And I won't. I love WDW, but what they charge is outrageous. IMO, the values aren't any better than a Motel 8. No way I'd pay that for a Motel 8. I've stayed in true 5 star places for a lot less than what I pay for a deluxe.

I've received a lot of pins this year, but they all black out our travel week--Thanksgiving. I considered changing dates, but with DH's new job, vacation days aren't what they were and I wanted to use those elsewhere. Thanksgiving is 2 days of vacation, our trip would require 6 days any other time. Plus, DS is not longer in elementary school and I don't have a feel for his intermediate school to decide if I want to pull him out yet, and especially with his problems in math last year because his teacher the year before decided not to teach math. :mad: I want to make sure he is fully caught up. but anyhow...

With ticket prices going up... Kids hitting Disney Adult status... The lack of a discount... Limited choices being a family of 6 (even with one under 3)... We're going to try and stay offsite this year. We had a free trip back in 2008 at Thanksgiving that was offsite, and it was closer to the parks than the values or mods. Our cost was going to almost double prior to our last trip, but by switching nothing but staying offsite, the costs are cutting closer to half our normal costs. :scared1: We're going to have a Disney-themed, 4 bedroom house with a private pool within 10 minute drive to Disney. :cool1:

We'll see if we ever go back. Even with discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter