Feeling Motivated

siouxi31

DIS Veteran
You may have seen me post before about saving money for a disney trip while keeping it a secret from my husband. Well, I came with a couple of more things that I'm doing. I usually take the tollway to and from work which comes out to $8.00/week. Today I began taking the regular roads to save the tolls. I figure this will save me about $480.00 for the year. I stopped eating out for lunch. Eating out would usually be a Subway type meal that costs $5.00. Because of the expense of bringing lunch all week, I figure that I save about $15/week (total yearly savings $780). I also just quick smoking--could you believe this was my inspiration? Every 10 days I was spending anywhere between $28.00 and $35.00 for a carton of cigarettes. Not smoking will save me about $31.50 every 10 days and $1149/year. If I add up the yearly savings and divide by 52, I'm finding that I can save approx $45/week which I will spend every Friday on Disney Dollars as long as I stick to my plan to not use the tollway for work, not to eat out, and not to smoke! That will be a yearly savings of $2340.00! It's amazing because I don't even consider that money my blow-off money.

Siouxi31 -- WELL DONE!! You should be commended for your creativity. Those are some tough sacrifices, but WDW is worth it.

Thanks for the great ideas, too. I take the train to work now instead of driving which saves me big bucks on gas and parking. I've given up my daily Starbucks "fix" -- saving $3.30 a day. I don't smoke, but I am trying to cutback on lunches and tossing what I save in my Disney jar.

Best wishes on some successful saving toward future magic!!

Goodluck to you too Eeyore! It will be difficult but right now I'm motivated so I'll live for the moment.

I could not believe it when I did the math, but I was spending $600 a year on coffee at Dunkin Donuts. Now I make my own, using whatever coffee is on sale. More money for Disney World!

That's great too! This money could easily go towards something else if I didn't figure out what the savings was and immediately put it into Disney Dollars. I know it would be smarter to continually dump it into an interest bearing account but then it's too tempting to steal from when something comes up. I always NEED a vacation!

Congratualations on stop smoking, the hardest thing in the world to do. Whenever tempted think of that last drop on spash mountain and how soon you will be enjoying it.
I've stopped buying the Saturday paper since its the same as Sundays. Only $25 per yr but it gets me closer to the world.:bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter