Feeling funny as adults only going to 1900 Park Fare or Chefs Mickey.

Bete

DIS Veteran
I would like to experience every restaurant at Disney World sooner or later. With that said I'm feeling a little ridiculous going to these two places. Should I skip them?

Have any adults only groups gone to these places recently?

It's ok to be a kid again at WDW! With that being said, If you like Golden Corral quality breakfast, Chefs Mickey will hit the spot.

Don't feel funny OP. DH & I have gone by ourselves to CP on our trips and we weren't the only ones. Go and enjoy

I've gone to 1900 Park Fare breakfast several times with adults only. We like the food. We have no interest in the characters but we just smile and say hello. They get it and move on.

I see a lot of adults only groups at characters meals. Heck, i've even seen solo-diners! Nobody ever looked like they felt awkward...myself included. I love character meals. Theyre a lot of fun. Breakfast is my fave.

If you want a quieter character breakfast you should try Cape May. Its fun, quieter, and the food is really good. The decor is really pretty too. I also like Crystal Palace and Garden Grill as well as Tusker House. Chef Mickeys and 1900 PF is my least fave due to food quality. Just not a fan at all. I also find Chef Mickeys very loud. A lot of napkin waving and such going on. Lol!

A few years back DH and I did our first empty nester trip. Being Mom to a boy (4 actually counting my step-sons) I've not had much chance to do Princess meals or meet and greets. That was my Princess trip! 1900PF, Akershus, and the Castle were all on my list and I didn't feel a bit out of place or silly. I had the most wonderful interaction with all of the characters and finally got my pics with all of the Princesses!

Taking our 18th trip in 17 years in May and taking my 22 year old DS with us this time. He requested Chef Mickey's as that's our traditional first meal of every trip if he's with us and breakfast at 'Ohana's to see Stitch. Crystal Palace is also on our list. We are on OUR vacation and we love our characters, who cares what anyone else thinks!

Go and have fun!

We never feel funny. We hit them everytime we go and have a blast. Last year we had breakfast late at The Garden Grill so there were only 3 other tables there. The 3 groups ( all adults) ended up having a tator tot war with Chip and Dale! It was great!

Hey, you want to feel "funny" at a character meal? I went to Cape May as an adult, and as a SOLO. I think I felt funny for all of about......2 seconds! When you get there, look around. You won't be the only "adults only" group in the room I'm sure.

You should go and enjoy them. I will be going to 1900 Park Fare solo when I go on my trip. Won't do do Chef Mickey's :crazy2: because I was there with family and it was the worse food out of all our meals. Have a great tip!

DH and I hit most of the character dining prior to having a child. We never felt out of place.

Enjoy:)

I'm traveling solo the first week of September, and 1900 Park Fare is on my list for breakfast. I'll admit that at first I felt a little awkward about the idea, particularly going alone, but then I feel like this is part of the entire immersive experience I'm going for, and so I've added it to my list. It'll be a change of pace from the line-up of signature restaurants, and there is a level of enjoyment in seeing kids having fun. Plus, okay, I'll admit, it's an excuse to get close to Tigger. I like the range of characters this event offers, and I like what's on the breakfast menu for variety.

My wife and I don't think twice about a good character meal! We are counting down in fact to the date of being able to book 1900 dinner. Not tried this yet and looking forward to it! We like Crystal Palace, BOG dinner etc. Chef Mickey's breakfast , Hollywood and Vine when they did Star Wars. I did hear that they have changed the dinner at 1900 so that the Prince and Cinderella no longer dance in the meal but appear at the end for a photo like BOG.

Would it make you feel funny to just sit there and eat your dinner and not interact with the characters? My husband and I did that at Chef Mickey's and it was no big deal. We just waved and kept eating. But at one character meal, well, um, *shrugs shoulders* when Piglet came around, I went bonkers. Oh, and I'm 54 years old.

I celebrated my 60th Birthday with Winnie the Pooh at the Crystal Palace. Best birthday ever. My wife and I travel to WDW every year and we always eat at Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickeys, Tusker House just because of the Characters. Let me ask you one question, do you pay less for your Disney vacation than someone 30-40 years younger than you? I doubt it so why shouldn't you experiance everything as equally? My wife and I go to Disney for one reason, to once again get to experiance our childhood. Let go of your inhibitions and just have fun. Aside from the dining adventures, don't forget to step out into the street and dance during the parades. Stand in line to meet the characters and mug in front of the camera. You spend your whole life being responsible and adult. Take this week and let your inner child take over. Believe me, you will never have a more fulfilling time in your life if you do.

I'm going for my 50th, and yeah, if the spirit takes me, I'm going with it! I haven't visited WDW since I was 16, and although I held onto my child side a lot longer than most, I've also realized that I've gotten too far away from it. I could have gone anywhere in the world for my vacation--and probably cheaper--but I picked Disney because I want to remember what it was like. That's the point.

I decided on the 1900 Park breakfast specifically because of the Poo characters (it was a toss up between this and Crystal Palace), plus the Mad Hatter, plus Mary Poppins, plus just a better menu. It just seems a better value all around, even if it's a little less convenient location-wise (staying at PO:FQ).

I tell this story all the time now, but: last March, our extended family all went to Disney. It was work related, and only a couple of us are real fanatics, so I didn't really lean too hard on the planning aspect with ADRs and all that. We stayed at the GF. The first night we were there, my dad and stepmom and some of my adult siblings were hungry and decided, "We'll just eat at the hotel. Oh, look! A buffet! Won't that be nice!"

They were never so surprised in their entire lives, and I still laugh every time I think about the stepsisters flirting ceaselessly with my youngest brother. Mostly, Dad says, the characters gave them a wave and a hello and went on their way, but as the glasses piled up Drizella decided 'I'm going to hang out with you guys tonight!" and pulled up a chair.

I say, go ahead, if you're interested in a place! They'll take your cue.

We go to 2-3 character breakfasts a year and there are always tables with just adults. They are not treated any differently from the other guests and the characters will still come and interact with you. 1900 Park Fare is our new favourite, go - you won't regret it.

We do a character meal every trip as an empty-nester couple. We've never felt out of place. My favorites include Cape May breakfast, 'Ohana for breakfast or dinner, Crystal Palace for dinner, and Tusker House for breakfast. We have also done 1900 PF, Garden Grill, and Chef Mickey's. The only one we now tend to avoid is CM's, primarily because I just don't think the food is very good. We'll be back at 1900 PF for breakfast next month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter