***** February 2022 Thread *****

We’ll be there some of the same days! Different parks but we always hop.
The plan (so far)
6th: Arrival day to the BC, EPCOT in afternoon/evening after lunch at Beaches n’ Cream 😋
7th: HS in morning, no ADR’s so we will park hop after enjoying the resort midday for a break. Not sure of what park or if we’ll head to DS. I like having some openness on our trips.
8th: MK in morning (hoping low crowds due to early close) with Ohana for dinner!
9th: EPCOT, lunch at Le Cellier and with drinks at Oga’s at HS that night
10th: MK in the morning again, hit anything we may have missed the first time. BoG for dinner!
11th: Last day, leaning towards HS again so that we can catch anything we might’ve missed. Wirh Everest closed at AK, not sure if we wanna hit that park this time around. Probably drive home that evening.
Super excited!! Love the ability to just have fun and go with the flow. Our ADRs give us structure but we like making in the moment decision, too! Happy to say hi if anyone sees us or wants to meet.

11th: Last day, leaning towards HS again so that we can catch anything we might’ve missed. Wirh Everest closed at AK, not sure if we wanna hit that park this time around. Probably drive home that evening.
Yeah. Everest is one of my favourite rides across all four parks, so I'm kind of sad about it being closed. (Still, that's just another reason to come back again, right...?). We wanted to see Pandora at night, and ride FOP again, so we are planning on a late afternoon hop to AK, hopefully buying the ILL in the morning. And then we got 6:45pm dinner at Tiffins, with a 7pm park closing, so we are wondering if they will let us peek back into Pandora after dinner too...

Btw, here are our park plans, and my bounding plans in case you do think you spot me:
Wed 2nd: Arrival day, Universal, Epcot for a late night margarita if we have the energy
Thur 3rd: HS - spend all the time in Batuu. Then hop to AK for Pandora in the late afternoon/evening. Batuu bound.
Fri 4th: MK - Probably take a break in the early afternoon and rent a boat from the Grand Floridian. We have early dinner at Narcoosees, then after-fireworks dessert party to lead us into the Extra Evening Hours. Ariel bound.
Sat 5th: Late start, then Epcot. Mickey bound.
Sun 6th: HS - the rest of the park, plus more Batuu. Batuu bounding again. Then into Disney Springs for dinner at Homecomin.
Mon 7th: Epcot, mostly the World Showcase. Bounding as Figment. 6pm dinner at the Contemporary to hopefully see the fireworks. Then back to Epcot for Extra Evening Hours.
Tues 8th: Last day. Sleep in. Then stroll over to Epcot for snacks and any last re-rides. Bounding as Sadness. (Seemed apt.)

Aw, we don't have any park plans the same.

We’ll be there some of the same days! Different parks but we always hop.
The plan (so far)
6th: Arrival day to the BC, EPCOT in afternoon/evening after lunch at Beaches n’ Cream 😋
7th: HS in morning, no ADR’s so we will park hop after enjoying the resort midday for a break. Not sure of what park or if we’ll head to DS. I like having some openness on our trips.
8th: MK in morning (hoping low crowds due to early close) with Ohana for dinner!
9th: EPCOT, lunch at Le Cellier and with drinks at Oga’s at HS that night
10th: MK in the morning again, hit anything we may have missed the first time. BoG for dinner!
Super excited!! Love the ability to just have fun and go with the flow. Our ADRs give us structure but we like making in the moment decision, too! Happy to say hi if anyone sees us or wants to meet.
Yeah. Everest is one of my favourite rides across all four parks, so I'm kind of sad about it being closed. (Still, that's just another reason to come back again, right...?). We wanted to see Pandora at night, and ride FOP again, so we are planning on a late afternoon hop to AK, hopefully buying the ILL in the morning. And then we got 6:45pm dinner at Tiffins, with a 7pm park closing, so we are wondering if they will let us peek back into Pandora after dinner too...

Everest is my favorite coaster in Disney and it being closed while we are there is one of the reasons we chose to skip AK this trip (even though means I miss FOP which is my favorite ride).

We def have the opportunity to hop there one evening! Just not sure if we will but I’m open to spending a few hours there in Pandora

Hey I just remembered that the way to spot another DISer is to wear something lime green like a ribbon on something like that. Not sure if I'll be able to find something lime green but I'll try to find a green ribbon to wear on my back pack.

Hey I just remembered that the way to spot another DISer is to wear something lime green like a ribbon on something like that. Not sure if I'll be able to find something lime green but I'll try to find a green ribbon to wear on my back pack.

I remember back in the "old days" having a tag made out of those lime green disney paint samples. I had one on my bag and when we were taking to boat from POR to Disney Springs I met another DISer and her husband. I have no clue what her name was though (this was back in 2008).

Edited to add that I was a member of the old Dis boards before they moved to this one (that's why it says I only joined in 2017) and never joined back when they first moved over here to the new platform until much later (or maybe I did join and didn't post for a long time so my account became inactive).

Last edited:
Just moved our trip a day later to sunday 1/30 because of this snowstorm apparently we are getting here in ny on friday night/saturday morning. Luckily pop century had the room available to shift the trip and the flight change was only a few bucks. Losing our chef mickey breakfast and ogas but i have the reservation finder set up so hopefully i snag replacements.

We are in the same parks as you are on the 6th, 7th and 8th. We are staying at the YC so maybe we will see you around the resort. :)
And then we got 6:45pm dinner at Tiffins, with a 7pm park closing, so we are wondering if they will let us peek back into Pandora after dinner too...
Our experience at AK was that they had CMs stationed outside the restaurants after closing hours who direct guests toward the exit. We had dinner at Yak & Yeti one night and the CM was "guarding" the pathway to Everest so that no one could walk that way after hours. :)
I remember back in the "old days" having a tag made out of those lime green disney paint samples. I had one on my bag and when we were taking to boat from POR to Disney Springs I met another DISer and her husband.
I remember making one of those Dis tags to attach to my backpack. I never ran into any Dis-ers, though. :)

Just moved our trip a day later to sunday 1/30 because of this snowstorm apparently we are getting here in ny on friday night/saturday morning. Luckily pop century had the room available to shift the trip and the flight change was only a few bucks. Losing our chef mickey breakfast and ogas but i have the reservation finder set up so hopefully i snag replacements.
flying in the same day... just love a weather event to add to the stress!!!

flying in the same day... just love a weather event to add to the stress!!!
We had to postpone our MLK weekend trip due to Covid. Had we actually gone, our flight home was cancelled. We had about 12 inches of snow in different parts of NE Ohio. We would have had an extra day at Disney. But I get the weather stress. You can't control it, but it can have a huge impact! Good luck. Sending positive weather vibes your direction.

I remember back in the "old days" having a tag made out of those lime green disney paint samples. I had one on my bag and when we were taking to boat from POR to Disney Springs I met another DISer and her husband. I have no clue what her name was though (this was back in 2008).

Edited to add that I was a member of the old Dis boards before they moved to this one (that's why it says I only joined in 2017) and never joined back when they first moved over here to the new platform until much later (or maybe I did join and didn't post for a long time so my account became inactive).

My first trip in 2013, the green tags were all the rage on the boards. Many people were making green tags for their bags, and a lot of them were in the shape of Mickey heads. I made one for my park bag and was so excited to try to meet folks. On our first day, I saw a lady in line to meet Goofy and Pluto at AK, and she had a green tag. So I cheerfully went up with a big smile, pointed to her green ribbon and said, "Are you a DISboards member too? Hi!" and she looked at me like I had 3 eyes. She said something in Spanish about being from Spain. I felt so embarassed, I never approached someone with a green tag again, LOL.

We are in the same parks as you are on the 6th, 7th and 8th. We are staying at the YC so maybe we will see you around the resort. :)

Our experience at AK was that they had CMs stationed outside the restaurants after closing hours who direct guests toward the exit. We had dinner at Yak & Yeti one night and the CM was "guarding" the pathway to Everest so that no one could walk that way after hours. :)

I remember making one of those Dis tags to attach to my backpack. I never ran into any Dis-ers, though. :)
No way!! If you see someone who is super short and wearing light up ears, that’s me 😁

My first trip in 2013, the green tags were all the rage on the boards. Many people were making green tags for their bags, and a lot of them were in the shape of Mickey heads. I made one for my park bag and was so excited to try to meet folks. On our first day, I saw a lady in line to meet Goofy and Pluto at AK, and she had a green tag. So I cheerfully went up with a big smile, pointed to her green ribbon and said, "Are you a DISboards member too? Hi!" and she looked at me like I had 3 eyes. She said something in Spanish about being from Spain. I felt so embarassed, I never approached someone with a green tag again, LOL.

:rotfl2:That made me laugh. That's something that would happen to me and is one of the reasons I am usually too timid to approach people. My husband though is very social. If anyone sees a short chubby 49 year old lady with mickey ears on who is with a very social 49 year old man who is just following along where I tell him to go, feel free to say hi to me.

Edited to add we are probably going to be the ones entertained by other peoples kids while we are missing our grand babies. We both work in Children's ministry at church and kids just tend to be drawn to us, especially my husband for some reason. I guess it's because he is a kid at heart.

This potential weather event is making me so stressed! We're supposed to fly out of Newark, NJ at 6am Saturday morning! UGHHH

Right now I have 3 possibilities circling in my head. I can't push the trip a day later w/out losing out on what I spent for the 1st night at AKL b/c I rented DVC points. So, here are the 3 options I'm currently contemplating, pending more definite weather info as we get a little closer -

- no change, just hope for the best

- drive to Newark Friday evening & stay at an airport hotel so we won't have to commute to the airport in the early morning hours (extra $)

- try to reschedule our flight to Friday evening & find an Orlando hotel for that night. Added stress of this is I have to work all day on Fri, so I'd be having to hotspot my laptop to my phone for the drive down, and then spending the last hour or so of work on airport wifi. This option would avoid all the weather stress, but would also add extra $

Ooof, I don't know what to do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter