***** February 2022 Thread *****

Seeing all of these flights cancelled the last couple of days due to covid has me a little nervous. I know it was mostly because of Christmas travel though so I'm hoping things calm down by February.

I'm sure only time will tell, but is anyone nervous that Omicron may cause Disney to back pedal somewhat on things they have reopened? Spending a lot of money on this vacation, I'd be wary to stay the course for Feb if Omicron appears to cause lots of re-closures. I wasn't planning this trip when Delta was getting bad so I don't know what, if much, they paused during the Summer when that was around beyond going back to masks.

I'm sure only time will tell, but is anyone nervous that Omicron may cause Disney to back pedal somewhat on things they have reopened? Spending a lot of money on this vacation, I'd be wary to stay the course for Feb if Omicron appears to cause lots of re-closures. I wasn't planning this trip when Delta was getting bad so I don't know what, if much, they paused during the Summer when that was around beyond going back to masks.
I honestly don't see them going back on anything except the masks. I don't think they will close things again. Even with numbers spiking in FL they are still going forward with things. I'm not really worried about what will be happening at the parks as much as I'm worried about what will happen with my flights.

Seeing all of these flights cancelled the last couple of days due to covid has me a little nervous. I know it was mostly because of Christmas travel though so I'm hoping things calm down by February.

UGH! I haven't even been paying attention to flights being cancelled lately. Guess I should start paying attention to that closer now that we are 35 days away from our trip.

I just searched our flights to see if there were some empty seats (and I would have been able to book 8 tickets so there are empty seats right now) and the cheap seats on our flight home is up to $305 or over 22,000 points. That's way more points than I used when I booked and I booked the business select because it was just a small amount of points over the cheap ones and I didn't have to worry about checking in because we get priority boarding with it.

Seems like some of us are venturing into the "what if" phase right now -- me included. I'm 45 days away from a trip with my aunt for her first visit. She helps care for my aging grandmother, who will be taken care of by another one of my aunts during our trip. Our biggest "what if" right now is "what if" grandma gets sick or falls, etc., before the trip and needs my aunt who is the primary caregiver.

So many variables for all of us, between flights and covid and relatives. Here's to sending pixie dust to everyone! :tink:

Do you guys think they will change the park hours for February? I scheduled ADRs to coincide with fireworks (like Ohana, California Grill, etc) based on the current park hours shown, but was just told that they may change?

I can't seem to get an Ale and Compass breakfast - is that hard to get? Also, we have Oga's at 9:25 on a 9:00 close at HS. Does this indicate the hours will change? Last time I had a later reservation they called me to tell me it was a mistake.

I can't seem to get an Ale and Compass breakfast - is that hard to get? Also, we have Oga's at 9:25 on a 9:00 close at HS. Does this indicate the hours will change? Last time I had a later reservation they called me to tell me it was a mistake.

I've read from others who had a after park closing time they just had wait by Ogas about 20 minutes before their time. But since shops stay open at least half an hour after the park you may not even have to do that. Just have proof of reservation ready to show if need be when heading back to Galaxy's Edge.

Do you guys think they will change the park hours for February? I scheduled ADRs to coincide with fireworks (like Ohana, California Grill, etc) based on the current park hours shown, but was just told that they may change?

Hopefully some one will have an answer for you. This is my first February trip so I don't know what the norm is for this time of year.

Obviously I can't tell you what will happen, but park hours changed for our Dec 3-5 trip. I just looked at my email from TP and they sent it on Nov 12, so less than a month in advance. It was both opening or closing, depending on the park. I have no idea if that changed the fireworks schedule.

Guess I should add myself to this list. We will be arriving 1/28 - 2/6!
Split staying between Copper Creek, Saratoga Springs, and French Quarter! So excited for festival of the arts.

We scored every reservation we wanted at the exact times too!
1/28 Hoping for dinner at Geyser Point w/ drinks at Enchanted Rose.
1/29 Breakfast at Whispering Canyon. Dinner at Ohana.
1/30 Dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse.
1/31 Breakfast at Topolino's.
2/1 Dinner at the Boathouse.
2/2 Lunch at Mama Melrose.
2/3 Dinner at Boma.
2/4 Lunch at Via Napoli. Dinner at Space 220
2/5Dinner at Steakhouse 71.
2/6- Lunch at T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe. (gotta redeem that free birthday meal lol)

We ended up scoring an AP rate for Riviera! So no more French Quarter for us. Maybe next time!

Oh I love Riviera. Have some of that melted Brie at Bar Riva in the name of all of us who won’t be there this time. While I initially changed our POFQ to WL, I decided that if I’m going to take long trips, I cannot do two Deluxe resorts. (We always end at Gran Destino). So starting at AKL, then POFQ (which we do love - just prefer indoor corridors), then GD. We catch the auto train on 1/24. So excited to be under 30 days!

Oh I love Riviera. Have some of that melted Brie at Bar Riva in the name of all of us who won’t be there this time. While I initially changed our POFQ to WL, I decided that if I’m going to take long trips, I cannot do two Deluxe resorts. (We always end at Gran Destino). So starting at AKL, then POFQ (which we do love - just prefer indoor corridors), then GD. We catch the auto train on 1/24. So excited to be under 30 days!
We have talked about the auto train and always wanted to give it a try. Have you done it before or is this your first time?

This is our first time staying deluxe for the entire trip, we normally split with a moderate or value resort. We just got really lucky with some last minute dvc rental deals for Saratoga which freed up a couple hundred dollars to afford a change to Riviera and thanks to the AP rates, it was only $150 more than FQ.

We have talked about the auto train and always wanted to give it a try. Have you done it before or is this your first time?

This is our first time staying deluxe for the entire trip, we normally split with a moderate or value resort. We just got really lucky with some last minute dvc rental deals for Saratoga which freed up a couple hundred dollars to afford a change to Riviera and thanks to the AP rates, it was only $150 more than FQ.

We’ve used the auto train a couple of times now. I even got the Amtrak MasterCard to earn points for future trips. We get a bedroom so that we have our own in-room bathroom, and enough room to spread out a bit. It also helps that we can remove our masks as long as we shut the door.

We had such great discounts last May that we were able to stay in villas for the whole trip. Problem is, that spoiled us for our “regular” resort choices. I just keep reminding myself how much we have loved POFQ, and that even though most of the villas were fantastic, we missed Gran Destino.

Hi everyone! We’re scheduled to be in WDW 2/4-2/12. We had to reschedule from the first week of December due to my 10yo catching COVID. I have mourned the loss of my Christmas time trip and am excited as we get close to Feb! We were booked at CBR for December but it wasn’t available for our February dates :( . Currently booked at POR but really not jazzed (ha, no pun intended), I really want to be on the Skyliner/in Epcot area as I anticipate we’ll spend a lot of time at Epcot and HS. I’m currently tossing between Yacht Club or AoA Family Suite. On one hand, the family suite has 2 bathrooms (13yo girl and 11yo boy in addition to myself and DH) and it has a microwave. Yacht Club is just beautiful and would give us extra evening hours at MK on our arrival night (not quite a replacement for the Christmas party but it’s something) and the better pool area (is it reasonable to expect good enough weather to have a pool day in Feb?). Open to your thoughts!

Last edited:
Question - we are going 2/19-2/26 - booked the package though Disney for room and tckets. With all the cases spiking like crazy I am wondering does anyone know what happens if you have to cancel last minute due to a positive test?? That would be the only reason we would cancel, but I’m scared I’m going to lose all our money if it happened. Can we just rebook and apply it to another trip? Should I get the insurance that is offered on the Disney site for packages? Thanks!

Yacht Club is just beautiful and would give us extra evening hours at MK on our arrival night (not quite a replacement for the Christmas party but it’s something) and the better pool area (is it reasonable to expect good enough weather to have a pool day in Feb?). Open to your thoughts!
The Yacht Club is a great place to stay. We will be staying there from Feb 6-10th. It is a great location and we love being able to walk to two parks and hop into Epcot at night to watch the fireworks or enjoy the entertainment.

The weather in early February can be anything from hot to cold, but it is the least rainy month of the year for Florida, so it should be dry. Most likely the days will be warm enough to swim and the nights cool enough for sweatshirts, but keep an eye on the forecasts to be sure. :)

Question - we are going 2/19-2/26 - booked the package though Disney for room and tckets. With all the cases spiking like crazy I am wondering does anyone know what happens if you have to cancel last minute due to a positive test?? That would be the only reason we would cancel, but I’m scared I’m going to lose all our money if it happened. Can we just rebook and apply it to another trip? Should I get the insurance that is offered on the Disney site for packages? Thanks!
You would have to talk to someone at reservations about cancelling without penalties. You might be able to reschedule your trip without paying an early cancellation fee, but you have to call them and see what they say. :)

Hi everyone! We’re scheduled to be in WDW 2/4-2/12. We had to reschedule from the first week of December due to my 10yo catching COVID. I have mourned the loss of my Christmas time trip and am excited as we get close to Feb! We were booked at CBR for December but it wasn’t available for our February dates :( . Currently booked at POR but really not jazzed (ha, no pun intended), I really want to be on the Skyliner/in Epcot area as I anticipate we’ll spend a lot of time at Epcot and HS. I’m currently tossing between Yacht Club or AoA Family Suite. On one hand, the family suite has 2 bathrooms (13yo girl and 11yo boy in addition to myself and DH) and it has a microwave. Yacht Club is just beautiful and would give us extra evening hours at MK on our arrival night (not quite a replacement for the Christmas party but it’s something) and the better pool area (is it reasonable to expect good enough weather to have a pool day in Feb?). Open to your thoughts!

My hubby and I will be at POFQ that first week but back when we were hoping for a discount (visa or general public) yacht club was on my list of possibilities to upgrade to if the discount was good enough. Obviously that didn't work out :rotfl2:. I will say for our March 2021 girls trip we stayed in an AoA suite and we had 6 of us and the two bathrooms were a nice add on. Having the skyliner was fantastic. Guess I am basically no help at all in your decision making. As for the swimming, I have no clue because this is my first February trip. The cooler weather is what made hubby agree so fast. I'm hoping it doesn't end up being one of those odd years where it is hot while we are there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter