• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** February 2021 Thread ***

but perhaps there will be no cheer groups, right?

You may get your wish. It is very sad, especially for seniors, that these events may not happen. High School Nationals (First weekend of FEB) have been announced to be moved to mid to late March. Dates have not been released yet and ESPN has not updated their calendars. These changes make planning really hard for those of us who love to Disney plan and like to know these things months in advance.

You may get your wish. It is very sad, especially for seniors, that these events may not happen. High School Nationals (First weekend of FEB) have been announced to be moved to mid to late March. Dates have not been released yet and ESPN has not updated their calendars. These changes make planning really hard for those of us who love to Disney plan and like to know these things months in advance.
I feel your pain! I had a Senior last year and his year was totally upended because of COVID - and his graduation trip to Disney last June was cancelled and we had to do it last month.

And, he started off his Freshman year at college and then stayed for 3 weeks and was sent home because the schools closed to on-campus housing - so he's trying again and moves back in the dorms in 2 weeks - *fingers crossed* he can stay until May!

This year and last year have been hard on our kids - I totally understand!

I feel your pain!
It is so sad. My daughter's Allstar cheer season was cut short with her Disney trip cancelled last year.
My Son is planning on going to nationals at Disney and may have the same issues.
My daughter opted to stop after 7 years and my son is a senior, so we may be done going to Disney for cheer if this one gets cancelled too.

He has missed senior night for football and now basketball homecoming has been cancelled. :/

I hope your kiddo gets some normal college time. It is not easy.

My husband just emailed me to say Florida is on the restricted travel list😳🧐. We are in Texas. I was so ready after this past year.😧😑

So looking forward to spending my birthday at Disney. Last time was 5 or 6 years ago spending my actual birthday there!

Hope all have safe travels and enjoy their trips!

38 days and I'm soooo ready! DH got #1 COVID vaccine this past Friday and he already has shot #2 scheduled. My cousin who we're taking with us, just had COVID in early December - so I'll be the only one without some "protection"...Im sure I won't be able to get my vaccine until late spring!

I live in Texas, can you share the information he sent you? Because I don’t see it online. I checked their state site. https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/
Thanks.
I have looked extensively, his company made there own list😳😳 We are going unless Florida has true posted restrictions. The nerve of them🧐. I was having withdrawal effects...😳

We have a trip booked 2/15-2/19 and we've been pretty sure we're canceling due to covid but we've been fortunate enough to end up getting the vaccine, so will now be fully vaccinated at that time. Thus, we are now on the fence but I have to pay for our trip tomorrow if we're going, or move it. Anyone else torn on what to do?? We usually go every Feb break so this isn't a once-in-a-lifetime or anything, and our kids are in school so they're already used to wearing masks all day. Will it still be fun? Would we be better off waiting? I dunno.

We have a stay at GDT 1/28-2/3...yesterday morning I received email from TP that MK hours On Jan 30 had changed from 9-7 pm to 9-8pm and now this morning I get another email from TP that MK hrs have changed from 8:00pm to 7:00 pm....Someone doesn’t know what’s going! Strange...

We have a stay at GDT 1/28-2/3...yesterday morning I received email from TP that MK hours On Jan 30 had changed from 9-7 pm to 9-8pm and now this morning I get another email from TP that MK hrs have changed from 8:00pm to 7:00 pm....Someone doesn’t know what’s going! Strange...
I know I received it as well. Wondered what is going on with communication.

We canceled our Feb 2021 trip. It's our third cancelation starting with April 2020 but there are too many experiences that aren't back yet. Once we go it'll be awhile before we can afford to go back so we're going to wait. We're thinking May 2022 is most likely at this point.

Does anyone know if these park hour changes will change again?? They just updated a lot of January and beginning of February and extended a lot of hours. I wonder if those will be set in stone now?

Does anyone know if these park hour changes will change again?? They just updated a lot of January and beginning of February and extended a lot of hours. I wonder if those will be set in stone now?

I’m not sure if anything going on in Disney or anywhere is “set in stone” right now!

Jumping in! We're booked Feb 19-26 at Coronado Springs and we're super pumped. We had an absolutely over the top magical trip last January, and can't believe we have an opportunity to go this year as well. We haven't told our 8 yr old daughter yet, saving the big reveal for the day we leave. It's also our first time staying at a moderate. We've done values in the past, but the deal for CS was too good to pass up.

How are we thinking crowds the last week of February will be? It's all such a moving target right now...

Southwest announced this morning their 50 yrs of flying sale - and I was able to save 5,000 pts on our flights booked for February to WDW! If you're flying SW, you might want to check your rates/points!

It's a SUPER easy change!

30 days from today! WOOT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter