• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 2016 Pre-trip and Trip Reports

Actually, the big Bama "swoosh" looks good on just about any vehicle at the Fort.

It's especially popular with Crimson Tide fans around the world in the long term and Ohio State fans more recently. It would add untold value to the cart, jbrostek.

I've heard "Roll Tide" all over the Fort. It makes everyone's day better.

Bama Ed

Love this cart....

We're over in loop 800, site 863.
20160206_171746_zpsq5rekzsc.jpg

It's been raining all evening, took a while to get set up.

Post some more in a little bit.

Looked at the ride times in MK and figured it was raining there based on them. Glad you got there safe after y'all got done mud bogging.

We're over in loop 800, site 863.
20160206_171746_zpsq5rekzsc.jpg

It's been raining all evening, took a while to get set up.

Post some more in a little bit.

Yep, rain, rain, and more rain! Could have saved yourself some effort and not washed your truck!! :)

We've been here since Tues. AM, site #225, and the weather was perfect and almost hot until Thurs. eve. when a front moved in with rain, then gusty winds and cold, and now more rain. Supposed to be gusty winds the next few days (25-30mph).

Not much at pre, or trip reports, so didn't mention our Feb. trip. Thought we'd get one more use out of our AP's.

NoM, yeah I brought the weather with me, I'm sorry. I believe that the rain is going to end later tonight. Sorry I haven't posted much yet, been a long day, I'll be up early so I'll do some posting in the morning.

NoM and DDo5, hope to get a chance to meet up and exchange a hand shake, Bama_Ed and Tiggerdad would be proud. We're headed to HS tomorrow afternoon noon. So we'll be around the Fort in the morning.

I will say that we had a good experience with Kenny from Tee Time, we scheduled a pick up time for 1pm, made it to the Fort at 11:30 and I sites wasn't ready yet. I gave Kenny a call and asked if I could move the pick up time. He made it happy, I dropped the camper in the over flow and met up with them and did two back to back picks ups, one was the 6 seater we nick named the "shuttle" and the second was for the two 4 seater that are Alabama colors, of course. All and all took me right at a hour to take care of that, shoot I even called Tiggerdad and shot the breeze (or rubbed it in we're here and he had to work)
while I picked up the carts.

Also a report on the wifi their installing in the Fort. I spoke with a nice fella named Rick who is a tech for Disney and works here in the Fort. Their still working on it, their installing the trasmitters and then they have to check signal strength, so I by the way he talked late spring or summer it should be up and running. I felt kinda outta place here in our site, we're the only Fifthwheel surrounded by big Prevost type buses, but it's all good.

NoM, you holding out on us?

Guess I did actually! :) Love to read all of your trip reports, see pics, etc. but I'm pretty computer illiterate and don't upload pics, also don't take notes of our trip as we go, so not much on any type of report for myself - pre or otherwise. :upsidedow

Sorry I haven't posted much yet, been a long day, I'll be up early so I'll do some posting in the morning.

enhanced-buzz-20234-1368126780-6.jpg

YOU'RE A SLACKER BARBOUR!

Nah, just kidding. However, maybe if you would have had the Mountain Dews...

Yall didn't know I sell stuff for other people,
20160207_080152_zpsxi5ndggt.jpg

My aunts Motorhome
20160207_080305_zpsk9iggfvz.jpg

And my sister in laws Jeep. Yall better be on your game at GSP... just saying.

Anyway now that's out the way, I rode up to the over flow to get some stuff out of the truck, seen 3 does and some turkey's
20160207_072735_zpsfmrygp8o.jpg

20160207_073407_zps9hgxrruv.jpg

20160207_073354_zpsmbgxr2jh.jpg

Also a report on the wifi their installing in the Fort. I spoke with a nice fella named Rick who is a tech for Disney and works here in the Fort. Their still working on it, their installing the trasmitters and then they have to check signal strength, so I by the way he talked late spring or summer it should be up and running. I felt kinda outta place here in our site, we're the only Fifthwheel surrounded by big Prevost type buses, but it's all good.

And so it begins. The deadline slip...slip...slip...slip. Randy, if the Prevosts make you feel outa place, that's kinda what it's like to own a popup.

Oh and it you want to meet NorthOfMouse and DH, they were go-bunnies to the parks almost every day ALL day when I met them a few years ago so you may have to have your people talk to their people and arrange something.

Either that or they were just avoiding me (which was FAR more likely).

You made it so go have fun!

Bama Ed

Very Nice Jeep, and love the antics. Go have some fun and enjoy the week.

Love the for sale signs. When your family is done with them, I wonder if they'll end up at NoM or an unsuspecting Provost site. :laughing:

j

Looks good Randy. Tell the sister in law I'll trade her a 4runner for the jeep.

Don't start something you can't finish at GSP. We better call a truce now.

We are at site 330 (look for the rented rig with gaudy pictures on the side). The wife and I have been hanging out at the fort with the baby girl (19 months) while the teen kids have been braving the elements to take advantage of the short wait times. We did get a 6 seater cart Saturday morning. The rain yesterday was awful but today has been nice. Did not print a DIS sign as I haven't "EARned" it yet by my estimation. Had dinner last night at TE and is was great.

Still figuring out this site and I will eventually figure out how to post pictures.

Speaking of the wifi. I actually saw some work being done yesterday morning that I assume was the wifi install. I also see a wifi tower just outside my site. They do not have it broadcasting the SSID yet however.

Will post more later.

DDo5 (aka Mike)

Hey Mike, if yall are round tomorrow afternoon, maybe we can meet up. We're about to go watch the EP and Fireworks. I'll show you how to post pics. I seen yalls big bill board class c while ago.

Oh and it you want to meet NorthOfMouse and DH, they were go-bunnies to the parks almost every day ALL day when I met them a few years ago so you may have to have your people talk to their people and arrange something.

Either that or they were just avoiding me (which was FAR more likely).
Bama Ed

Yep, were really trying hard to avoid you, just couldn't bring ourselves to stoop to talking to anyone in a popup!!!! Especially when we started out many moons ago in a VW Camper - 'Not' all decorated with flowers though :D

You're right though, we are not easy to catch up with - just got back from seeing the Star Wars fireworks - really impressive! Oh, it's cold, cold, cold though! :cold: Don't have a cart or bikes though, so not apt to run around the campground much.

Randy, if the Prevosts make you feel outa place, that's kinda what it's like to own a popup.

I gotcha Ed, I don't haven't nothing against any type of camper, well maybe the price tag on a Provest motorhome, (no way I could afford one). We talked about a motorhome but couldn't sell ourselves on it. I wanted because we do alot of our traveling at night, and I figured my DW and DS would like having a nice bed to sleep on, but I've come to find out my bunch could sleep on a paint shaker machine and be ok with it.

Anyways I'll a little under the weather I guess due from setting up in the rain and it being chilly yesterday, but I'll survive. Watched the boat parade and MK's Wishes fireworks last night, also did some looping and showed my mama some of the Fort. She says she still lost but she is really liking the campground. She couldn't get over how some folks decorated their sites.

Today plan is to head to AK this morning and be back at the Fort around 1 and spend the rest of the day here.

20160207_081812_zpsxjeygxxy.jpg

Site 863, a easy back in, well considering I had to get the guy across to move his Jeep while I backed in. He was ok about it. He made the loop while I backed in, had a crowd watched I think I disappointed them because it only took one try.
20160207_214458_zpsjmqjuz96.jpg

20160207_214805_zpsobhiy10r.jpg

I guess that the Super Bowl kept everyone away from the show last night at the beach, but we still made it back in time to see the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter