• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 2013 Discount Watch

Every time I get an email and see it's from Disney, I get all excited and then it turns out to not be what I was hoping for. I can't take this anymore! DISNEY, PLEASE!!!! :badpc:

Me too!!! Am checking daily... twice daily... ok I confess... I have a window open at the wdw site on my computer at all times that I keep refreshing. I may just throw a fit right here and now :rotfl2:

Waiting and watching too...

1st trip to WDW. Celebrating DD 5th birthday. Info indicated FD & Room Discounts already released by now in previous years. February 2013.princess:

Ahhh glad I didn't wait for a discount to come out...Contemporary for our dates is not even a bookable option anymore. FD is my only hope now.

Copy and pasted from my FB page:

Brand new Walt Disney World PIN code discount for 2013 going out. Looks like the first wave is going out by mail, so watch your mail box and inbox.

Save up to 35% on your WDW hotel, travel dates of 1/2 - 3/24 and 4/21 - 5/22/13.

We are still expecting 2013 package deals at some point soon, probably for more restrictive dates.

Sorry for the bad picture, working on a better one.

So far I've been told the 2013 pins were for RO discounts...but I haven't got one myself.

And the poster (Mouse Miser) did mention that LM is excluded from that offer.

Well I am holding tight for some sort of discount. We'll be there from February 23rd to March 3rd. 2 of those days (probably the first two) will be at Universal.
We have AP's so we could rent points, or wait for an AP rate but the dining plan always seems to work out best for us discount wise, so I'm going to wait and see if there is any free dining first.
I don't like having to do it this way because my dates will probably be slim pickings for a point rental but it is what it is.
I still haven't narrowed down where I want to stay despite what my ticker says.
I would like POR or AKL or WL. I will drop it down to a value and stay at AoA if I have to buy the dining plan.
Just waiting to see with the rest of you:)

Can anyone provide any details on the pin they received? I noticed how it said "up to" and wondering how that translates. Does it depend on the date? Hotel? Package? All of the above?

Discounts would be nice, already have vaca booked for Valentines week. Anyone know if they will apply discounts to already booked vaca's? Can't wait can't wait... taking DGD (I think I did that right lol new to posting) for her first visit... she's 2 :cheer2:

As you can tell I am completely a newbie when it comes to this stuff.

So can you please tell me where I need to sign-up to get this PIN??

Is it on the disney.com site or is there somewhere else I should go to get notifications of these PINs.

Thanks!!!

Signed,

Clueless

PIN assignment, ah, the unknown. Seriously, no one really knows how they are assigned. I've never knowingly had one! Some get them in an email, others via snail mail. You can call and ask if there's one assigned to your household.

My boyfriend and I both have valentines week off from work so I'm hoping to surprise him with a Disney Trip. I'm thinking I'll ask him to put the dishes away or some chore he hates and then when he opens the cupboard he'll see the magical express packet. I can't wait to see the look on his face! I'm glad to hear that the value resorts have minie fridges now. It will save a lot of our budget to stay at pop century as opposed to a moderate resort. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for a free dining or room discount offer that week. Does anyone know when february offers are usually released?

Yeah, I got a mailer yesterday that I knew for sure was a PIN. Instead it was an offer for dates in December just before Christmas week for $100/night at a Value. Is that even a deal. I remember we went one year before Christmas and our room at POFQ was only $91. Ahh. the good ole days of '00s. Getting kind of worried. Can't remember Disney ever going this long without some sort of special.

I'm getting worried about our week. We are heading down 2/2-2/9. I looked today and BLT and BWV's 2BRs are booked.

That week is supposed to be pretty dead. When we went in 2011, everything was walk on but TSM. I'm terrified it will be packed.

Still, since they have been heavily discounting around the holiday's, I'm hopeful.

We are going with a big group and will go no matter what, but I doubt we'll go again for a long time. The price went up over 35% from 2011 for the same week. That's pretty insane. It's to the point where we can go to one of the actual countries in EPCOT for about the same price.

Can anyone provide any details on the pin they received? I noticed how it said "up to" and wondering how that translates. Does it depend on the date? Hotel? Package? All of the above?
In the past, if I remember right, the % would vary depending on the resort level. So maybe 35% off at the Poly but only 25% off at Carribean Beach. I would expect the same type of thing here.

Discounts would be nice, already have vaca booked for Valentines week. Anyone know if they will apply discounts to already booked vaca's? Can't wait can't wait... taking DGD (I think I did that right lol new to posting) for her first visit... she's 2 :cheer2:
If you have a WDW travel agent worth their salt they will be watching for the discounts & calling/e-mailing you to tell you it is applied & you won't have to do anything. If you get a direct PIN they can also apply that to your deal for you.
If you booked your own then unfortunately you have to monitor for the discounts & then call yourself to WDW reservations & work with them to get it changed.

So can you please tell me where I need to sign-up to get this PIN??

Is it on the disney.com site or is there somewhere else I should go to get notifications of these PINs.
No one knows for sure the magical formula to get a PIN. I would suggest signing up for anything/everything you can WDW related. They have a couple e-mail newsletters, the movie club & movie rewards, enter contests they sponsor, request a copy of the planning DVD from their website, etc.
When you are at the parks, if you get a chance do a survey & give them your name & address.
There is also a Disney Visa card. Even if you never use it, maybe get that. (If you do use it you get points to use @ WDW and I think they have a no interest window if you put your WDW trip on it. Not much maybe 2 or 3 months, but hey, that is 2 months you can leave the $$ in savings & take the interest before paying the bill.)
I'm totally guessing, but imagine the more your name & address is in their system the better your odds of scoring one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter