• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 2013 Discount Watch

Feb. 2-3 is the Dance competition
Feb. 9-10 is the Cheerleading competition

And I would imagine that they will be there a few days before and after.

I guess I really need to try and make the GF happen then since we'll be there 2/3 to 2/9. I'm thinking that they don't usually stay there because of the crazy high prices? :scratchin

DH and I already booked the 4day cruise out of Canaveral 2/17 - 21. Is our very first cruise. DH is such a nut for WDW he would not even consider another Cruise line :cool1:

Am now waiting for Discounts for staying at & visiting the parks from the 12th -16th or 17th. Right now, a suite package with tickets and dining is more $$$ than the cruise. :rolleyes2

Am hoping for FREE dining or nice room discounts. If we get a decent discount on a suite or 1B, will get a AP & TiW for the 20% off as I am already planning our Oct 2013 trip with the entire family as well :rotfl:

If I am not at Disney, I am planning our return :surfweb:

We stayed at The Contemporary last year for one night before our cruise. We were on the 1st floor and all we heard were the cheerleaders bouncing around above us until at least 3:30 in the morning!! Needless to say, I was tired going into my cruise. I called the front desk numerous times. I did not receive any compensation, nor did I ask. But it was TERRIBLE! Ask for the highest floor possible and you should be fine.

What pops out at me right away is why Disney does not plan ahead and put the cheerleaders on the bottom floor? Or all in the same wing of a resort? I know they cannot be avoided in the parks, I kind of enjoy watching them there, but come on, the room situation should be much more thought out by Disney.:scratchin

So if we are going 1/31 through 2/8 and staying at POP, should we look at a different week? Are the dancers generally just at HS, or do they invade all the parks?

I'd probably stick with these dates.
The dancers aren't bad. Not loud and obnoxious. And it did seem they stuck to DHS.

IMHO....... I would avoid the cheerleaders at all costs! They invaded every park and we just couldn't get away from them! it was horrible. :scared1:

What do you think the impact will be on Disney's special offers with all those new rooms opening at AoA and the economy still in the tank?

So..... In my crazed daily google search for an answer to when Disney will make a new promotions announcement, I came across the Disney page for European residents which offers international travelers free dining for many dates in 2013.
Crazy thing is I haven't been able to find the page again to post a link. I know it was a .uk site though.
Here's hoping a similar announcement comes soon for us Americans!

So..... In my crazed daily google search for an answer to when Disney will make a new promotions announcement, I came across the Disney page for European residents which offers international travelers free dining for many dates in 2013.
Crazy thing is I haven't been able to find the page again to post a link. I know it was a .uk site though.
Here's hoping a similar announcement comes soon for us Americans!

Hey heatherskiba
I took your clues and found these:

http://www.****************.com/spe...-dining-plan-walt-disney-world-when-booking-5

http://www.****************.com/spe...alt-disney-world-when-booking-5-night-stay-20

Feb. 2-3 is the Dance competition
Feb. 9-10 is the Cheerleading competition

And I would imagine that they will be there a few days before and after.

I noticed last year the dance competition was that first weekend in Feb and FD was blacked out (not sure about the other discounts) that weekend. You had to check in on the 2nd (the Thur) to get it. They originally had until the 4th, then adjusted it to the 2nd.

So, I'm thinking disney would probably do the same this year - perhaps check in would have to be by the 31st of Jan (Thur before the comp.). :confused3 Wish I had a crystal ball. Flights are on sale, and I want to book!!! Perhaps I'll book the 30th to arrive, just to be safe.

We have 5 of us - 4 disney "adults", so FD is the best promo for us. Please. Hurry. Disney. pixiedust:

We arrive on the 9th and I could totally use free dining! I'm bring 4 kiddos--only one under 9!!! I'm BROKE!!! :)

The current free dining deal with dates that run through December of this year will expire on Sept. 29. Maybe after that free dining for the first of the year will be announced.

The current free dining deal with dates that run through December of this year will expire on Sept. 29. Maybe after that free dining for the first of the year will be announced.

I hope so!! pixiedust: We're only going for 3 nights pre-cruise and I haven't booked yet because I'm waiting on the FD. Need to figure everything out!

So excited! DH told me yesterday that we are going to WDW for my and DS's birthdays in February! :cool1:

I'm hoping for FD or a really great RO discount! So much to plan, so long to wait!

:wave2:Have fun planning!

So excited! DH told me yesterday that we are going to WDW for my and DS's birthdays in February! :cool1:

I'm hoping for FD or a really great RO discount! So much to plan, so long to wait!

:wave2:Have fun planning!

How exciting! DS' birthday is 2/15 and we'll be celebrating in WDW. It'll be a surprise for him, not sure when we'll tell him yet, may be waiting until the day we leave :)

We are also booked from Feb. 5th to 12th and starting to get a little antsy here.

We are booked 1-28 through 2-6. I am hoping for free dining. I will say, that when I booked (AoA Lion King Family Suite) the CM did hint that we would probably see free dining and gave me an estimated price with it. So, I am feeling confident.

Shannalee724 said:
We are booked 1-28 through 2-6. I am hoping for free dining. I will say, that when I booked (AoA Lion King Family Suite) the CM did hint that we would probably see free dining and gave me an estimated price with it. So, I am feeling confident.

That's fantastic!!! Mine just said to keep my eye out--that about 3 months prior is when any specials would probably be announced. So I haven't been too worried about there not having been anything already announced. But I'm watching and waiting not so patiently!!!

I just booked FQ from Feb 6-11... with a AAA rate.

Like everyone else, I am hopeful for either FREE dining or a better discounted rate. But at least I know now the most expensive rate I am paying.

Even though I booked FQ, I am not 100% sold on it.. meaning if there is a better discount somewhere else, we can move it!!

Here is hoping for Discounts!
Catrin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter