Feb No Buy! Short Month! We can do this!

Virgderon, I am so sorry.:grouphug:

SunnieRN, I am a single person and meal plan, use coupons and cook from scratch which is why my grocery stays low. Actually, half my groceries are to feed my visiting family. Which is a big change from my former life where I lived far from my family, worked all the time and ate out all meals during the week. And yes, sometimes I miss my old life but am slowly coming to terms with my new reality.

Thank you for sharing that with me! I go pretty far above you in the grocery department but cook from scratch as much as possible. Change is HARD! I am happy for you that you have family that visits, but that can sometimes be difficult also!

Wow!! I am on my iPad and can't scroll, but am constantly amazed by your coupon savings!!:thumbsup2:banana:

Running Total: Spent $1825.70
$0 Days:13/10

Groceries ($252-$9/day)- $246.46
Eating Out ($196-$7/day)- $189.16
Misc. (Shopping/Entertainment) ($1008-$36/day) $1158.08
Gas $200?- $25 (2/3), $48 (2/6), $28 (2/8), $30 (2/14), $45 (2/20), $32 (2/22), $24 (2/27) When we were out running around gas was kinda low at $3.48 :scared1: so we filled up the car that usually costs $50 to fill = $232

WEEK 1 BEGIN:
1- $12.68 (McDonald's-Eating Out), $21.04 (Walgreens-Groceries), $6.34 (Meijer-Groceries)
2- As much as I would like to go out, to get a few items at Dominick's before they are off sale, it is not happening. We got 22" of snow! Only emergency and medical vehicles are allowed on the road.
$0
3- $31.43 (Meijer-Groceries), $4.88 (McDonald's-Eating Out)
4- $0
5- $9.97 (CVS-Groceries), $5.99 (Dominick's-Groceries)
WEEK 2 BEGIN:
6- $2 (Dollar Tree-Papers), $6.37 (Meijer-Groceries), $3/bag, probably got over 50 kids books (Library Book Sale-Shopping), $12.95 (Walgreens-Groceries), $13.98 (Wendy's-Eating Out), $291.60 (Hotel for 2 nights St. Louis in July, staying right next to the arch and we can walk to Busch stadium for the U2 concert), $101.25 (Car Registration-Misc.)
7- $35 (Joe Caputo-Groceries)
8- $200 (Registration for Spring Classes for our 3 year old son and preschool in the fall)
9- $6 (McDonald's-Eating Out), $23 (Post Office-Misc. Needed to send in a DSLR lens that broke on our trip in December, it is still under warranty though, so hopefully this will save me money in the long run, and also bought a book of stamps)
10- $0
11- $0
12- $6.82 (Jewel-Groceries), $2 (Dollar Tree-Shopping Newspapers), $9.80 (McDonald's-Eating Out), $13.15 (Eating Out-Subway)
WEEK 3 BEGIN:
13- $31 (Zoo-Eating Out, bought a refillable mug for $10 that will be good til the end of the year, now we just have to remember to bring it), $19 (Meijer-Groceries), $6.77 (Super Target-Groceries)
14- $3.81 (Joe Caputo-Groceries), $16.58 (KFC-Eating Out and Hubby's Valentine's Day present...he loves Hot wings and last week he wanted them, but he couldn't justify getting them when we have so much food in the house. He works 3rd shift so I lined them up on a pan to make them spell out I "heart" U. I can't wait til he sees it. He loves his hotwings and hasn't had them for a long time)
15- $0
16- $215 (Southwest-bought two one way tickets for our trip in Sept/October), $1.65 (Walgreens-Groceries), $7.26 (Wendy's-Eating Out)
17- $0
18- $0
19- $12 (Dollar Tree-Groceries (bought alot of stuff to start a container garden), $8 (Parking-Misc.), $27 (foodlife-Eating Out), $15 (Culver's-Eating Out), $14 (Justice-Shopping)
WEEK 4 BEGIN:
20- $9 (Meijer-Groceries), $11 (Justice-Shopping), $82 (Frys-Shopping)
21- $0
22- $20.34 (Target-Groceries-Awesome frozen food deal and got back $15 in Target Gift Cards), $9.37 (McDonald's-Eating Out), $9.06 (Walgreens-Groceries)
23- $0
24- $0
25- $0
26- $0
27- $2 (Dollar Tree- Shopping Newspapers), $13.49 (Meijer-Needed Ink, but just but Magenta, need more next month), $24.92 (Walgreens-Groceries..but got back $56!! So made over $31 :goodvibes and saved over $75 just with my coupons!) Awesome week to be at Walgreens if one is near you!)
Afternoon: Outlet $67.12 (Lane Bryant-4 new bras, saved $40), $10.82 (Crocs-But black heels saved $30), $8 (Home Depot-needed a full spectrum light for my growing seedlings for my container garden this year and a good sprayer), $3.56 (Lowe's-Wormie Water sensors-they are super cute! :rotfl:), $14 (Portillo's-Eating Out), Cute girls in girl scout cookie costumes selling cookies out in the cold $4 (Girl Scout Cookies-Groceries), Had a fun night of just buying stuff to buy stuff, let's see what the damage is... $8.24 (Mitsuwa Marketplace-Shopping), $8.46 (Gabutto Burger-Eating Out)
28- $0

Budget: $1656....110%
Month: 28/28: 100%

No Buy: 13/10: 130%

My savings from coupons and sales: $1021.12

Next Month: Pictures, Ohio Hotel, two trips by train, Great America season pass installment, 2nd half of our airplane tickets for October, ink for printer, laptop...

Today my company closed its doors, and I am out of a job. I kind of saw it coming, and have been looking for a couple months, but don't have a job offer yet. I'm exhausted, I'm devastated, and I can't believe this keeps happening to me. DH lost his job a couple years ago, and we were just recovering from that. I guess I'll really need to budget now, but I feel like I have cut so much already.

I'm so sorry. Hopefully something comes along very soon.

Thank you!! I spend 2 hours a day approx doing it not including the shopping at the stores. I really only saved $500 from coupons in Feb though, the rest was from sales. I keep track of everything at this neat blogger I found. www.thecouponproject.com Kinda fun to keep track of everything there.

I am just happy if I save $5! I am going to check out the site, thank you!:goodvibes. This was me :scared1: when I saw the word ONLY next to your coupon savings! Wonderfully shocking!!

Today my company closed its doors, and I am out of a job. I kind of saw it coming, and have been looking for a couple months, but don't have a job offer yet. I'm exhausted, I'm devastated, and I can't believe this keeps happening to me. DH lost his job a couple years ago, and we were just recovering from that. I guess I'll really need to budget now, but I feel like I have cut so much already.

Running Total: Spent $950
$1225 budget... $275 left
$0 Days: 8
Goal is 8 or more!
coupon/sale savings : 110

Groceries budget- $250-25-14-45-31-7-19-16-11-26-4= 52 left
Virgeron, I'm so sorry. :( It sounds like you had a bit of an inkling, so sending some prayers and pixiedust from the North that this works out as a positive change for you and your family.

SunnieRN, I am a single person and meal plan, use coupons and cook from scratch which is why my grocery stays low. Actually, half my groceries are to feed my visiting family. Which is a big change from my former life where I lived far from my family, worked all the time and ate out all meals during the week. And yes, sometimes I miss my old life but am slowly coming to terms with my new reality.
That is a great attitude as you affect change into your life.

Thank you for sharing that with me! I go pretty far above you in the grocery department but cook from scratch as much as possible. Change is HARD! I am happy for you that you have family that visits, but that can sometimes be difficult also!
Change IS hard....and slow! But you are doing great!

CONGRATULATIONS to all who worked through February. And I don't care that it only has 28 days....it's still the longest month in my book! Bring on Spring (she says, as she knows that it won't be consistently here for at least another 6 weeks! :rotfl: )

Hi, friends!

Well, I dipped into March's grocery budget yesterday as I found myself at Costco but I am not worrying about it. We have LOADS of meat to use up and DH will be away for a long weekend in the middle of the month.

I have a few more bills to pay but I am $69.00 under budget for the month. YEAH! :cool1:

We didn't use up as much gas as I had budgeted for, which is also good news. I went over on clothing because I hit the Gymboree.com and Diapers.com sales.

The challenge for March and going forward will be that I am still way underemployed but have some tutoring work after school so I need to figure out where the childcare $ is going to come from. I'll be working on that the next day or two. ;)

I'm definitely feeling motivated to continue with this, it works great! (And when it doesn't, it is clear what needs to be adjusted!)

So, thanks to you all. Onwards!

Virgderon, sorry to hear about what you're going through. I completely understand as I have been downsized three times in the past two years. I am now working towards a career change into education...and look what's going on there! :sad2: Anyway, I know you'll get through it! :grouphug:

Feb 1- Gas $20, Walmart shopping trip during a snowstorm..ack: $106.89 (more than I expected to spend, but dogs have to eat and DH needs his beer) coupons: $8.45
2- $0 (even New Mexico was snowed in today)
3- took a friend visiting from Florida out for lunch $22.87, went to Dollar Tree for hash browns but got my DH his favorite cookies instead since they had no hash browns $5.00, ended up at Lowes for hash browns $1.99
4- $12.00..out for lunch with another friend
5- $0
6- $0
7- $0
8- $0 ( to be fair..I did buy a plane ticket for DH's trip to join me after Expo next year, but that wasn't an optional purchase and money came from trip account..I'm only counting optional things, food and gas, not things that are locked in stone)
9- Big spending day! DH medicine and gas: $20, groceries: $39, Leapfrog site,,they still have some DIDJ stuff on clearance and I bought DGS a Didj for Christmas and he loves it so needed to get stuff before it totally disappears, plus a charger to save on batteries, so $53, and DH had to buy materials to replace the pad to our bedroom carpet that got ruined during the big stupid freeze/thaw we had, so $166 ACK Coupons, $2.50 (PS edited to *** $4.90 to ship Valentines stuff to out of state grandkids..forgot to yesterday)
10- $0
11- $9.00, lunch out with a friend, $9.00 grandkids to Dollar Tree after school
12- $20.45 at my second job, Hastings, for frappe, bagel, magazines for grandkids and part of a wedding shower gift, $45.75 WalMart, rest of the wedding shower gift, a few groceries and WHOOP toys on super clearance put away for future events, $30.00 Bingo night out with son and DIL
13-$0
14-$0
15-$1.74 movie rental, $10.00 gas, $4.50 berries on sale
16-$26 Walmart..groceries and did I mention the great Toys clearance?
17-Took a day off from work today. At my other job spent $1.00 for a bagel (started feeling shakey..low blood sugar issues) and rental clearance Sorcerer's Apprentice for $4.99, then went to Penny's because I had overpaid my CC and got some stuff for a baby shower and grandkids, but cost nothing, down the mall past Hallmark, who had all their left over ornaments on sale for $2.00 each, bought 2..Kmart to finish getting stuff for the baby shower, $16.96, then tacos for lunch $4.80. We also went out to dinner with friends, but used a GC
18-Dang, blew it with $6.89 at Dollar Tree with the grandkids...
19- $0
20-$66.41, Walmart groceries AND the cashier hit the process button before taking off my coupons..SO irritated... $9.00 lunch with friend
21- Disney...$116.00 gas$ 10.00 (3.08 a gallon ouch)and wine $12.69
22- $0
23- $0
24- $15.00 groceries(great deals! Milk $1.87 a gallon) Gas $20 (figured I may as well get more since it's going nowhere but up and the same gas I pais $3.08 for 2 day is now $3.13) Dinner out with friends, $19.00
25-$ 11.48 Clearanced Valentine stuff for next year and movie rental, went out to lunch with a friend but IHOP had some issue with my ticket where it said I didn't owe anything nd no matter what they did they couldn't get the computer to accept it or over-ride it, so got that for free..very odd.
26- $22.00 for groceries, $20 for nephew birthday (surprise! we are having John's bday party tomorrow...argh..)
27- Dang!! The bottom chunk of cat food was in the bag on the floor where the flood happened and didn't realize it had gotten so wet and the rest of the food got moldy so had to go buy cat food!..and Kleenex..and sharpies...so $15.25. Tomorrow WILL be no spend no matter what.
28- 0! Yeah!! squeaked by!

12/12

I'm in, with my own twist. Recording groceries but not couting them towards no buy days, but also raising my no buy days to 18. Hoping to get a real feel for the difference from this month last year, since January was a bust.

February 1-$0 :yay: I am doing better but still not eating more then a few bites so no stregnth to go anywhere. I am going to attempt to cook dinner for the first time in over 2 weeks, but just an easy crock pot dinner. It's something.
February 2-$0 :yay: Kids had the day off. We didn't get as much snow as they called for, but they had alreayd called school. They have never done that, caled it too early, and I am sure they won't soon again.
February 3-$0 :yay: Was really hoping to be better by today and able to grocery shop. That was not the case. Maybe tomorrow.
February 4-$0 :yay: A little bummed. We had tickets (free!) to see the Globetrotters tonight. I was really hoping to be able to go, especially since we missed Disney on Ice. I am still not eating, so very weak. I feel a lot better but just too weak to go. So the family is out to dinner and the show and I am at home in bed. A little sad, but really happy they are getting to go.
February 5-I actually spent money today. $21 on a baby gift for a shower I am supposed to go to tomorrow. I probably won't make it, but I wanted to get a gift either way. My DH took me out tonight. We thought I needed some frsh air. It was nice to get out. It was snowing and so beautiful. We went to Babies R Us. I used the shopping cart as a walker and it went OK. We wern't in there long but it felt good to be out. Then he said since we were there and he needed some things at Sam's did I mind if he ran in. I got overly confident and went in with him. My legs felt like they were going to crumble under me so I went and sat down while he got what we needed. After he bought me a soft pretzel. $1
February 6-$0 :yay: I even made it to the shower today. I decided to just sit, not eat, and chat, but I made it! DH drove us cause I don't think I am ready to drive yet. After he was headed to get some groceries, not much but for tonight and tomorrow and the kids lunches, so I went with him. Didn't make it too long before I went to sit and wait for him, but it was nice to see Wegman's again. I haven't grocery shopped in almost a month! He spent almost $100 but that included premade food for tonight (usually I'd cook but not up to that.)
February 7-$0 :yay: I didn't leave the house today, but I did spend most of the day out of bed and even got some house work done. Crasy as it seems, I have missed it. Well, maybe not the work but the satisfaction of getting something done.
February 8-$0 :yay: I cooked dinner for the family today, I may even try and eat some, it smells good. (Chili and jalapeno cheddar cornbread, might skip that for tonight.) And I scrubbed the heck out of the bathroom, DH did a great job maintaining the house but things like the bathroom were not cleaned well. ICK! And I vaccumed, that wore me out but I feel very accomplished!!! Tired, but accomplished!!!
February 9-$0 :yay: Just groceries today, $88. It needed to be more, but I got worn out and gave up, so I will have to go back again soon.
February 10- This was a non-stop day. I had planned to put dinner in the crockpot early, but got a FB message from my BIO-father. It has been about 20 years since I last saw him, I have seen him 3 or 4 times in my life. He is sick, dying I guess, and wants to see me again. I am struggling with this. I am trying so hard to get over my childhood and feel this would make me regress, at the same time I know people can change and maybe he has and how do I deny someone their dying wish? Anyway, I was so flustered I left withouth putting dinner in. There was no time at all for dinner, so takeout was $16.20. I also went and got the kids a little Valentine, DH's card, some groceries, etc. That was $36.37. This also included decorations and paper goods for our GS V-day dance, it was supposed to be reinbursed but some people didn't pay. :headache:
February 11-$0 :yay:
February 12- $168.10 Sam's, uggg. We needed everything! And $3 for the kids to eat there while I shopped. Then I did something crazy!!! I bought myself some new clothes. I havn't done this is forever, but told DH I would. So that was $133.92 but I am taking back one shirt, it looked OK there but not at home.And I got gas $48.08
February 13- Went on a date with hubby. We went to the movies, we saw Just Go With It and it was soooooo goooood!!! That was $10. After we went to Outback, but we used a coupon and a GC so nothing was spent there. The I went and got a few things at Walmart, all food except for $9 for a shirt to wear under a shirt I got the day before.
February 14- Lunch with Hubby . I had a coupon so our meal was $10, we tipped $3. Then I ran to Sam's and got the few things I forgot the other day, since I was there. $35 and spend $5 on flowers to take to DH at work.
February 15-$0 :yay:
February 16- (groceries $23) and $4 for a snack for the kids between snowshoeing and dance. I am so annoyed cause I forgot to grab something, but I used a coupon so OK. And I won $50 today!!!
February 17-$0 :yay: (bought some groceries, need to find receipt.)
February 18- Was a no spend day till while I was making dinner, Dh's best friend called. He was having a bad day. He had been in court arguing custody of his kids. Anyway, he had the girls (they are 3 and 4) and he wanted company, so we met at Chuck E Cheese. We had tokens out the wazzoo, but we ate there. $26.
February 19- Was again supposed to be a $0 day, but it wasn't. :laughing: Our friends called to meet, we said sure, so we got all ready and then they had to turn around cause of weather. Hubby and I went out instead. We went to have Thai food. I never had it, and I hated it, but hubby loves it and is always raving about it so I wanted to try. DD16 liked that I hated it cause she got my leftovers. Thaat was $22. Then we went to see The Delimma, we loved it. That was at the cheap theater, so $4. Then we went to his office and I watched him work for a while. I washed his coffe cup, and organized some papers and just chatted while he worked. The we got some groceries (about $70.) Came home and made dinner and are relaxing.
February 20- Hubby and I started our bowling league tonight, it was a blast. That was $24, then we spent $10 on snacks. Probably shouldn't have, but I don't regret it. ;) Also today, though I don't count it I like to record it, I woke up in tremendous pain in my back. I didn't think I was going to get to go tonight, so hubby went and got me some Aleve and Icy-Hot, that was $10. On a good note, he fixed a computer today (his side job) and made $130.
February 21- UGGG!!! My plan for the week off with the kids was a day in, then a day out. Today we were in. We did a good cleaning and went though old clothes. Then hubby called. He has been doing South Beach, and is in phase 2, and doing really good with almost no carbs. But today he wanted pizza. GOOD pizza. We used to get pizza every week and he hasn't had it since the new year. He said he's be good, 2 pieces but was willing to go to the gym longer for it and I am a firm believer of enjoy8ing life too and if yo udeny yourself you will snap and eat a whole pizza so I said OK. So, $20 for pizza. After that I picked up DD16 from the mall with her friends. They were all talking about Shamrock Shakes. :confused3 All my friends on FB have been talking about them too. I never had one (yeah, live in a cave) so I stopped and got one. I didn't think it was that great and not worth the calories so the kids drank it. That was $3. I wouldn't have considered it if not for the pizza, but now I know what it is when everyone talks about them. I'd say better luck tomorrow, but no can do, they worked hard with me tomorrow so I am taking them somewhere tomorrow.
February 22-$0 :yay: Just bought groceries. Was going to take the kids out but they played happily here, so going out tomorrow. $117.52 groceries
February 23- $10, It was a beautiful day so I took the kids ice skating at the outdoor rink. We went with friends and packed hot cocoa. Then they came home and I made dinner whie they played Wii and then we went to Family Night at the restaurant but didn't get anything. Not bad for a fun filled day.
February 24-$0 :yay: Sleepover night at my house, each girl has a friend over. But I didn't have them come for dinner, so I cooked. They will have snacks and stuff, but stuff in the house. Had they come for dinner we would have ordeed pizza. Thankfully none of them could come till later so I got out of that. :) Tomorrow we are supposed to get a big snowstorm. We will see. I wonder if I will be snowed in with 6 kids??? :scared1:
February 25-$0 :yay: Wanted to do something with the kids, but we got a foot and a half of snow, so we stayed in. They had their friends here till early afternoon then after they spent the day playing Just Dance 2. :banana: Tomorrow my DH is going to the hockey game. I am a little jealous, 5th row from the glass. But they are work tickets so it is he and his friend, a co-worker going. I thought I'd take the girls out, maybe dunner and Cosmic bowling. That won't be cheap, but it has been a cheap vacation.
February 26- Expensive day, but fun! DH took me to lunch, he was feeling guilty that he was going to the hockey game tongiht. It was my team (our team) vs the local team. He had 5th row from the ice seats. But they were given to him and told to take a coworker. (Work tickets.) So I couldn't go. :( That was $10. Then I took DD11 and DD9 out this evening. We had dinner, Red Robin, their choice, it was $20.50 and to Cosmic Bowling, it was $25 for 2 games and shoe rental for DD9. DD11 wore my shoes 9a little big on her) and I wore DH's 9a little big one me) but it saved us $3.50! I also got gas, it was $55ish. :scared1:
February 27- Went to Chuck E Cheese again. (Dh's best friend is going through a divorce. He is lonely and we adore his kids. They call us aunt and uncle, we don't have any nieces/nephews so we love that. So we have been doing a lot of things with them. I could have gone for free, but with going with them, we didn't.) DH also went and with his diet can't have pizza so a salad was extra, $25. Then we went and got groceries at Sam's. This was a little higer cause we got DH the Atkins "candy" bars for when you need something sweet. $117. Finally, he and I went out to dinner. :love: We had a GC but turned out to be rea;;y cheap. The meals took FOREVER but we didn't complain. Then the manager came and appologized for that. We were nice, said no problem. So he comped our appetizer (I had a free coupon, but we saved it for another time.) Then my steak came and it was shoe leather, I ordered it med-well and she confirmed, some pink inside. It was so bad I couldn't hardly cut it. Unfortunatly by the time she came back DH was totally done eating. He came back to say sorry I again said it was fine, things happen. He offered us free dessert, we declined. Then he said he was comping my whole meal. That was unnecessary but nice. Really all that bothered me was that she igored us (the waitress.) Had she come over and said, like the manager did, that there wa a mistake we'd say no big deal, but to just not come around was odd. The for her to never come and see how our food was till she was bringing the bill, that wasn't so good. We go there (way too) often ad have ever had an experience like this so really it was NBD, but the comped food was nice. Could have easily been a no spend day, but today our friend needed us and he and his kids are more important then a no spend day.
February 28-$0 :yay: $18 groceries (saved $25 in coupons. I don't use them much but did well this time.)

Money Spent this Month-$

No Buy Days 15/18 Number of no buys is up cause I am no longer counting groceries towards no buy, my new for 2011 rule for myself. Fogot about break when I set the goal. I won't make it, but doing OK.

Groceries

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Back in 2011 cause I'd miss you all so much!
January-25
Longest Streak-Currently 19 (but I have been sick)
Joined No Buy as a New Years Resolution in 2010 and did pretty well-
January-14 Days
February-13 Days
March-17 Days
April-15 Days
May-15 Days
June-8 Days
July- 6 Days (only in town and only recorded half the month, probably had about 7-8 no buys while away)
August-15 Days
September-15 Days
October-13 Days
November-6 Days (only kept track till November 16th cause we were in Disney the rest of the month)
December-10
Longest Streak-4 Days in a Row

Where's Piglet, you did fantastic this month!!!!:goodvibes:cool1::thumbsup2:worship:

I am not really sure what to do, although I was going to carry over this current pay period, then even though I am keeping track, two weeks at a time, carry over my first pay period of the month, to correlate with my next pay period?

I was surprised when I looked back a few days, as I had 17 no buy days from the first through the 24th, so 20 total for the month. So I guess it is a work in progress.:lmao:

You still beat me though!! Again. CONGRATULATIONS on your fantastic month!!!:banana:

This is where I 'started over' and I have three more, as of today.:woohoo:

Awww, thanks! :goodvibes

You did fantastic!! I think most of us did very well in February!

:hug:

Thank you!! I spend 2 hours a day approx doing it not including the shopping at the stores. I really only saved $500 from coupons in Feb though, the rest was from sales. I keep track of everything at this neat blogger I found. www.thecouponproject.com Kinda fun to keep track of everything there http://thecouponproject.com/downloads/savings-tracker

You "only" saved $500!! :scared1: Your coupon savings is more than what I spent in February! (Not including that patio stuff.) Amazing!!

CONGRATULATIONS to all who worked through February. And I don't care that it only has 28 days....it's still the longest month in my book! Bring on Spring (she says, as she knows that it won't be consistently here for at least another 6 weeks! :rotfl: )

Spring is coming!! I promise!! It's here already, so I know it's on the way to you soon!

Hi, friends!

The challenge for March and going forward will be that I am still way underemployed but have some tutoring work after school so I need to figure out where the childcare $ is going to come from. I'll be working on that the next day or two. ;)

I'm definitely feeling motivated to continue with this, it works great! (And when it doesn't, it is clear what needs to be adjusted!)

So, thanks to you all. Onwards!

I hope you can get the childcare situation figured out soon! And I agree with your statement about tracking your spending working very well! I have to do it or my budget goes really wonky really quickly. :eek:

Virgderon, sorry to hear about what you're going through. I completely understand as I have been downsized three times in the past two years. I am now working towards a career change into education...and look what's going on there! :sad2: Anyway, I know you'll get through it! :grouphug:

:sad2: I cannot believe what is going on in Education. I cannot say what I want to say without getting political, but I think it is a damn shame that we as a country are getting to the point where class sizes are going to be 60 in some places. I just read an article in MSNBC that there are class sizes of 56 already in parts of Los Angeles, and if Detroit has to lay off the number of teachers they expect to, classes will have 60 kids. :guilty: I was a good student, but let me tell you if they expected me to go to class with 60 kids in high school, I probably would have dropped out. This short term budget solution is going to cause long term problems. :mad::sad1:

I can't imagine teaching a class with 60 high school kids, either. It will be more drill sergeant and crowd control than educator. It hurts to think about what it is going to do to these children. :sad1:

I'm back on board. Feb should be a money maker for me. I make/sell Valentine's Day candy. I'm readjusting my goals from last month

Auto 170.00/$240.00
Groceries/Household Goods $205.00 /$150.00[/COLOR] over, but, I was able to stock up on sale items. So save in the long run.
(dropped this one because I stocked up on meats,storage and spices last month.)
Eating Out/Entertainment $33.00/$100.00[/COLOR]
(I raised this one because we are taking DD out to dinner after her theater performance).
Misc. $269.00/$125.00 over due to Prom
(also raised this to allow for DD's performance flowers)
Money Made $73.00 Also ordered several things I bartered for on top of $$

No spend days goal is 15/12 goal made
(raised this one as well because I did so well last month. Had 17 out of 10
Coupon savings. $124.00
Gift Card savings $228.00

January coupon savings $360.00
no buy days 17/10

02/01 -0- :cheer2:Snowing AGAIN. stayed in and prepared and froze all the chicken breast I bought on Friday. Tomorrow I'll do all the ground beef. For $90 I got 11 different chicken dinners and will have at least 18 meals from the beef.
02/02 -0-:cheer2:Calling it for the day. Not leaving the house again. We're still getting storms. Today is ice and sleet :eek
02/03 -0-:cheer2:Made it into work today..But, still a no spend day. I cooked so much over the past 2 days that I have tons of food to eat. Plus, there was no time to spend money. Today starts my DD's theater productions for the weekend.
02/04 $68.00, $50 gas $18 at Costco's for 2 dz. Roses. These are for 2 of my DD's performances.
02/05-0-:cheer2:
02/06 $11.00 $8.00 at D&D's after church, $3.00 gal. of milk. And we went to Olive Garden for dinner tonight after my DD's last performance. Bill came to $78.00 but paid -0-. We had a gc we forgot about. . The only reason we spent so little this weekend was we just didn't have time to do anything. DD had 5 theater performances in 4 days. We're all exhausted. She did such an amazing job. But, sure am glad it's over.
02/07 -0-:cheer2:
02/08 More snow today Spent $54.00 at Super Walmart on groceries. I saved $22. in coupons I take my DBFF to do her grocery shopping. Today was her monthly BIG trip. This was our first trip to SWalmart (other than the ones in FLA). It isn't close. But, so worth it. Now that we are shopping together I am trying to teach her how to coupon. I think she's slowly getting it. We also went out to lunch. Paid -0- she and one of her friends that came with us bought my lunch for taking them.
02/09 $18.00 in hospital caf food. There was a family emergency and spent the day and night at the hospital.
02/10 By 6:00am I had already spent $6.00 on juice, bagel, and a fruit cup Hospital caf food is outrageously expensive. I'm back home to shower and to pack up food to bring back up to the hospital.
02/11-0- :cheer2:Not only did my DNiece get out of ICU, but, they discharged her. After receiving 18 units of blood and a 7 hr. surgery to save her life. They discharge her 2 days later. Gotta love the insurance company. But, so glad she's home.
02/12 $94.00 $40.00 Gas. Made the mistake of taking my DH to Walmart with me to drop off an RX. He bought seeds and starter soil. And we got a few other things. All food related. So, I'm listing it all as groceries. Note to self..AGAIN! Leave DH at home when shopping.
02/13 $24.00 Walmart Valentine's and Anniversary cards.(at the price), 1 small box of chocolates for DD. Only bought them just to have the heart box. I can't bring myself to buy specialty chocolates. I had already purchased her V'day things after Christmas 75% off and thoughout the last month 1/2 and held on to them. It doesn't hurt as much that way. Also go milk and produce.
02/14 -0-:cheer2:Happy Valentines Day!! Also our Anniversary. We don't buy gifts for each other. Just cards.
02/15 -0-:cheer2:Going to dinner tonight for our Anniversary with GC's we got as gifts from DInLaws.
02/16-0-:cheer2:
02/17 $7.00 Forgot my lunch had home today. Had to buy it. And milk and funny bones on the way home from work.
Thank you to everyone for the well wishes for my DNiece. She's doing great. So far no reaction to the multiple units of blood.
02/18 $193.00 $30.00 gas (less than my weekly amount due to the fact I really haven't been going anywhere extra)- $149.00 Prom dress for DD looks amazing BTW- $14.00 TGIF for dinner. This was the tip. Everything else was covered by either GC or coupons.
02/19 $13.00 groceries, but saved $60.00 in coupons.
02/20 -0- :cheer2:Went to Church and came right home. No stopping anywhere DH is starting some of our seeds for the garden today Seeds were purchased at the end of the season last year.Spring is around the corner!!
02/21 -0- :cheer2:More snow today. And it was nasty cold. To cold to stop anywhere on my way to and from work.
02/22 -0-:cheer2:
02/23 -0-:cheer2:
02/24 -0-:cheer2:
02/25 $71.00 $50.00 gas, $21.00 Target (groceries. saved $27.00 in coupons)
02/26 $78.00 Shoes and under garments for DD's Prom
02/27 $49.00 Costcos
02/28 -0-:cheer2:

Over all I came in $11.00 under budget this month. DD's Prom shopping threw me for a loop. The only good thing about all our snow days is I saved on gas and exceeded my "no spend days again this month. March here we come!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter