FEA with very young child?

KrazeeK120

DIS Veteran
My son will be 18 months old when we go in May. I got FP for FEA. Has anyone taken a child this young on the ride? I have been on Maelstrom a few times and am familiar with the small drop. However, after seeing that this ride offers rider switch, I'm second-guessing taking my toddler on it. Any advice or opinions? I tend to over-worry, so I won't be offended if I'm told I'm once again worrying over nothing.

It is actually "less" scary than Maelstrom.

Just before the larger (forward-facing) "drop" there is the Marshmallow snow monster who breathes out cloud of fog.
That's about it for "fear factor."

It is actually "less" scary than Maelstrom.

Just before the larger (forward-facing) "drop" there is the Marshmallow snow monster who breathes out cloud of fog.
That's about it for "fear factor."

Thanks. I wasn't necessarily worried about him being scared, I was more concerned about the drop.

I took my two year old on it in Nov. prior to that she went on Malestorm when she was an infant. No issues. I wouldn't have an issue with taking a toddler on it.

I took my daughter on it just a week shy of her 2nd birthday. Everything was all fine and dandy until the 2nd drop. She held onto me for dear life. Made a wonderful Photopass picture that I can only share with a few people. Mother of the year right here!

when it first can out someone posted a picture of them with there baby in a baby carrier that you wear the child was under 6months and they said the child had a great time or was it the child sleep thought the ride.

disney take softly very seusouly and if they say there is not hight requirement it is safe to ride, now before the drop I would make sure your child is safe, like put your area around him or keep him on your lap for the ride ( do this from the start so the CM know he is on your lap, in case you have to sit in the middle or something.

when it first can out someone posted a picture of them with there baby in a baby carrier that you wear the child was under 6months and they said the child had a great time or was it the child sleep thought the ride.

disney take softly very seusouly and if they say there is not hight requirement it is safe to ride, now before the drop I would make sure your child is safe, like put your area around him or keep him on your lap for the ride ( do this from the start so the CM know he is on your lap, in case you have to sit in the middle or something.

I should have clarified...I'm not concerned about his safety. I'm just worried that he will be scared. He's a bit of a daredevil (I have to follow him around very closely on playground equipment, and he laughs and laughs the higher I push him on the swings), so I am inclined to think he will be ok, but I certainly wouldn't take him on it if every toddler parent reported on here that it was a problem for their child.

My DS went on FEA at 11 months and handled it well. He also had no issues with Pirates. Every child is different but I think there is a good chance an 18 month old would be fine. At that age, they haven't quite learned what to be afraid of yet.

My son's first trip was when he was 8 months old and he rode it when it was still Maelstrom. No problems at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter