FCC applied to existing reservation?

mathgeek

DIS Veteran
I've tried searching and muddled through the mega-thread, but I can't find a direct answer to my question...

After your cruise was cancelled by DCL and offered the 125% FCC, were you able to apply it to an existing future cruise? If so, how did that work? I'm thinking it's likely that my July cruise will be cancelled (it's within the CDC 100 day order), and I already have a cruise booked for next summer. If my cruise is cancelled and FCC is offered, I'd like to apply it to my existing reservation, but I'm not clear how that works. This cruise was also booked using OBB and I think $100 OBC, which I understand I'll unfortunately lose since I'm not switching to a new booking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DCL has mostly said no. Has to be a new booking. I have anecdotally heard one or two people allowed to use FCC on an upcoming.

But the extra 25% is intended to make up for increased prices, not to subsidize an existing cruise booked opening day.

I have read multiple posts where people said they applied it to an existing booking, so it is possible if they offer 125% FCC again. I think at first DCL only allowed it for new bookings, but as this situation progressed, they loosened up.

I have read multiple posts where people said they applied it to an existing booking, so it is possible if they offer 125% FCC again. I think at first DCL only allowed it for new bookings, but as this situation progressed, they loosened up.
I had seen this as well, but without any details. I was hoping someone who had done it would be able to provide details.

DCL has mostly said no. Has to be a new booking. I have anecdotally heard one or two people allowed to use FCC on an upcoming.

But the extra 25% is intended to make up for increased prices, not to subsidize an existing cruise booked opening day.
I'm booked for basically the same exact cruise during the same week for next year, but the price is higher. I booked in advance thinking this one might get cancelled because I wanted to make sure I got my favorite stateroom before someone else took it.

And it looks like I'm in the group that has been cancelled as of today.

I had seen this as well, but without any details. I was hoping someone who had done it would be able to provide details.

I'm booked for basically the same exact cruise during the same week for next year, but the price is higher. I booked in advance thinking this one might get cancelled because I wanted to make sure I got my favorite stateroom before someone else took it.

And it looks like I'm in the group that has been cancelled as of today.
Can you let us know how DCL handeled this. I am thinking about doing the same thing, booking a just in case cruise so we can get the staterooms we want.

Called yesterday and applied the FCC from our July 1-5 cruise to a June 20-27 2021 cruise. I had booked the new one a few weeks ago to make sure we got a spot before the rooms we wanted were all gone. They applied it without any hesitation. I was also informed that I could use the leftover credit to book airfare through DCL, ground transfer, or even another sailing if I used it before we embark on next year's cruise. It was all very easy.

Edit: I should add that all I had paid for the new cruise so far was the deposit. They were not able to refund that and pay for is using FCC. So your situation may change if you've partially or fully paid for the 2nd cruise.

Last edited:
Yesterday I applied my FCC to an existing booking, so yes, they absolutely allow it. It was quick and easy and they didn't question me wanting to do that at all.

the extra 25% is intended to make up for increased prices, not to subsidize an existing cruise booked opening day.
The extra 25% is their incentive to encourage guests to not request a refund. They're bleeding cash and are quite happy to have you keep your money with them, regardless of which cruise you apply it to.

I had put a hold on a cruise the night before my July cruise was cancelled. I called them up, and they just moved the credit to the cruise on hold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter