Favorite World Showcase Entertainment?

pixie2416

Mouseketeer
Heading to WDW in December after a 2.5 year absence. I know some of my favorite WS entertainers are no longer there (British Invasion, Off Kilter...). What are the current "must see" acts in the World Showcase?

TIA!!

We saw Mariachi Cobre in Mexico, the drummers in Japan and Jammitors in Future World and loved all three of them. They were all very good.

We just returned and really enjoyed the new band in Morocco, not sure what their name is. And we always enjoy Server Amusant (pretty sure I've misspelled that and I'm too lazy at the moment to look it up lol) in France.
Definitely British Revolution :thumbsup2

I actually enjoy each countries entertainment, all for different reasons but still try to catch each every trip. British Revolution is always nice to grab some fish and chips from QS, cop a squat on a curb and just enjoy. Moving around to France, I don't know his name but the guy who does the balance act on the chairs is fun, it isn't long and easy to see no matter where you are standing. Japan and the drummers are just epic, how those women stay in sync and get that strength in there is amazing, again easy to see no matter where you are standing. The new Morocco act is probably my least favorite but I'm sure I'll get used to them. Love the flag throwers in Italy, reminds me of the movie Under the Tuscan Sun. Acrobats in China are great, the kids do a good job, the problem with them is unless you get there early and find somewhere to sit, it is hard to see them. The marahachi (sp) band in Mexico is just fun, grab a cool drink and just enjoy. Again, easy to see and even if you don't get close you can still sit and enjoy the music. I'm not sure if they still have the drum and fife band at America, when they did I always enjoyed it as well.

Love the Jammitors in Future World, British Revolution, the Japanese Drummers, Chinese Acrobats, and Voices of Liberty.

Miss Off Kilter, and the fife and drum corp at the American Pavilion.

The current Morocco group is "Ribab Fusion," on a temporary engagement through January 2.

Fife and Drum Corps in USA went out with the Great Epcot Entertainment Purge of 2014.

Of the new contracted acts, only the Italian flag throwers appear to be staying. Paul McKenna Band, the former Morocco performers and the Canadian lumberjacks are gone. An acoustic music group called Quickstep is currently appearing in Great Britain (apparently including some of the same musicians that played with McKenna). No word about anything that might be going into Canada after the holiday season.

Long-time acts still around include the British Revolution, the mimes in France and Italy (I avoid the mime shows), the Japanese drummers, Mariachi Cobre and the Chinese acrobats. A new, more "youthful" a capella group has been appearing in USA along with Voices of Liberty. I think they are on hiatus now due to the stage at America Gardens being set up for CP.

Last edited:
A new, more "youthful" a capella group has been appearing in USA along with Voices of Liberty. I think they are on hiatus now due to the stage at America Gardens being set up for CP.

They are up front now - sharing the stage with the gospel group.

British revolution is great. I always grab a pint and listen. I usually go over the holidays, so I enjoy all of the holidays around the world storytellers. I like Sergio in Italy.

The Chinese acrobats are awesome.
I really did not enjoy the acrobats. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but it was very cold and windy so they performed inside. The man with the fan and masks was just weird. The stilts were okay, but the juggler dropped the balls a couple of times. I really want to believe that this was just a coincidence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter