Favorite Quick Service?

lily2521

Mouseketeer
We're relying mostly on QS/Counter service while at DW. We have 1 res at Akershus, and might add another one at 1900 (haven't decided). If BOG opens we'll add that too (fingers crossed!)

We don't want to be too tied down to a reservation schedule, and we don't always eat lunch at noon. I'd like to eat when we're hungry, and not just because of the time of day. But I would also like to have an idea of what QS places we think would fit us. Based on some suggestions I got here on another thread, I am going through the list of menus, prices, etc. for the QS places in DW and compiling a list of what I think we'd like in each park.

But it got me thinking what everyone else likes for QS...so I'm just wondering, what are your favorite QS places, and why?

Is it the food, the cost, the ambience overall? I'm guessing QS places still have a general 'theme' to most of them

Thanks!

MK: Columbia Harbor House, Pecos Bill's, Be Our Guest (lunch,) Gaston's Tavern (the only actual food is the roasted pork shank, but it is delicious)
DHS: There are no great options, but the sandwiches at Starring rolls are pretty good.
AK: Flame Tree Barbecue
Epcot: Yorkshire County Fish & Chips, Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles, Tangierine Cafe, Kringla Bakeri og Cafe

MK: Be Our Guest (lunch,) Gaston's Tavern (we never eat a meal here but we love the LeFou's Brew!)
DHS: Backlot Express has a decent Southwest Chicken Salad and it's indoors and air conditioned. You can even snag a table with a partial view of the Jedi Training Academy!
AK: Pizzafari and Restaurantasaurus
Epcot: Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles, Kringla Bakeri og Cafe, and Sunshine Seasons.

MK: Columbia Harbour House, Sleepy Hollow (Fruit and Nutella waffle :lovestruc)
Epcot: Boulangerie Parisserie, Cantina de San Angel, Sunshine Sasons
AK: Flame Tree Barbecue

MK: I am a fan of Caseys, Decent prices and my kids will always eat the corndog nuggets!
AK: I like Yak and yeti, the portions are large and i am a big fan of the Honey chicken.
HS: starring rolls the sandwiches are good and the desserts are even better.
Epcot: Everything I have had is good!

This is a great thread. Hope to see more responses. I actually never really gave much thought into pre-planning our QS. Just figured we'd find something close when we were ready to eat. Hoping to get a reservation for Be Our Guest lunch when they open up on the 25th though.

MK: BOG - newness, variety available
AK: Flametree BBQ - Nice size portions, something different
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons for variety but also have enjoyed Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles
HS: Been a while since I've eaten counter service there but it used to be ABC Commissary. Min & Bill's Dockside Diner menu looks good though
DD: Hands down Wolfgang Puck Express is my counter service of all time! You place your order and sit down and they bring your meals to you and it is served with real dishes and silverware so its QS that feels more like TS.

This is a great thread. Hope to see more responses. I actually never really gave much thought into pre-planning our QS. Just figured we'd find something close when we were ready to eat. Hoping to get a reservation for Be Our Guest lunch when they open up on the 25th though.

Thank you :)
I'm printing a list of restaurants for each park, and at least looking at the menus to see if it's something we'd even consider or not, hoping it will help as we're walking through, I'm just putting a * near any ones that I think would suit my family, and hopefully that way we won't waste our time with any that won't.

You've given me something completely new to obsess about for the next 100 days. :tongue:

Does anyone happen to have a more approximate date for when Flame Tree BBQ will reopen? I'm just seeing a generic Spring 2015.

Our family enjoys ...
MK -BOG and Columbia Harbor House (Pecos Bill got rid of taco salad :headache:)

DHS- I know I'm in the minority, but Pizza Planet. DD's like to play arcade games, we like the AC (August trips) and there is a side caesar salad. Yummy Cappuccino cupcakes and usually a 'special' cupcake as DDP dessert.
We also like that it's across from Muppet Vision- we go after we've eaten to let our food settle:-)
Starring Rolls- great use of snack credit or DDP QS credit with the sandwiches

AK- Pizzafari- AC and really neat themed rooms with ample seating. Food ok

Epcot- we split up here (2 for fish and chips in the UK and 2 for quiche/croissant meals at Les Halles in France).

DTD- Wolfgang Puck Express - BY FAR OUR FAVOURITE QS :flower1: There is so much variety here and you feel as if you are at a table service meal. We like taking the boat from POFQ to DTD. We've had the pizzas, meatloaf, spaghetti, chicken fingers, rotisserie chicken, salmon, mac n cheese ... it's all delicious. Also, there is table service for drink refills. Dessert can be cream brule, brownie, cookie or frozen yogurt with fruit! After eating here it is nice to walk around DTD and do some shopping.

DTD-WOLFGANG PUCK EXPRESS-our favorite CS of all time, we eat here at least once each trip, they have delicious entrees that are TS quality at CS prices. My favorite is salmon and chicken dinners, pizzas, mac and cheese is loved by all of us. Crème Brulee there is better than other onsite TS places!!! (but by all means save room for some ice cream at Ghiradelli, lol) They also have amazing breakfasts as well.

MK-Columbia Harbour House, lobster roll and/or fish and chips and cobbler, yum!

EP-Sunshine Seasons-pork chop and chicken are awesome!

DHS-not a big fan of any CS there, usually head out to Boardwalk (burgers at Hurricane Hannah's/BCV CS are great!)

AK-liked Flametree , BBQ Chicken

Hmmm, best/favorite QS eateries? In our opinion . . .
Parks:
. . . EP:.... Sunshine Seasons
. . . MK:.... Columbia Harbour House (BoG a close second)
. . . AK:.... Flame Tree (good ribs)
. . . HS:.... Backlot Epress
. . . BB:.... Lottawatta Lodge
. . . TL..... Typhoon Tilly's
. . . DTD:.. Earl of Sandwich
Resorts:
. . . DEL:... Capt Cook's at Poly
. . . MOD:..Sassagoula Flatworks at POFQ
. . . VAL:... Landscapes of Flavor at AoA
. . . DVC:.. Artist Pallette at SSR

MK - Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bills
DHS - Starring Rolls, The Writers Stop
EP - Sunshine Seasons
AK - Flame Tree BBQ

At:
Magic Kingdom - got to be a dole whip at Aloha Isle
EPCOT - Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles
Hollywood Studios - Starring Rolls

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter