• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Offsite Restaurants

VroomVroomLightning

DIS Veteran
We are going in November and know there will probably not be a Dining Plan so I am thinking of other options for dinners. If the parks are still closing early we will have plenty of time to go Offsite for dinner (we will have our car with us). What are your favorite nearby offsite restaurants?

Fords garage is one of the most unique restaurants I’ve eaten at in a while. I went to the one in st Augustine and it has such great theming. The food is good too.

We have one here in SE Michigan. The food is great, the drinks are equally awesome, and it's got a great vibe. I wouldn't go in Orlando simply because we have one in Metro Detroit, but for non-Michiganders it would definitely be a good choice.

We love Kobes Steakhouse as well.....its entertainment AND a meal.

Some other places that we have had particularly great dinners:

House of Blues (Disney Springs)

Miller's Ale House

Blackfire Brazilian Steakhouse (similar meal style to Texas de Brazil)

Maggiano's

Hash House a Go Go

Bubba Gump (Citywalk)

Hard Rock Cafe (also at Citywalk)

Chevy's

Hash House A Go-Go

Millers AleHouse

Cheesecake Factory

Giordano's

There are a ton of options along 192 and over on I-Drive. Margaritaville on 192 has so many places.

I need to follow this thread as I love to find great restaurants that we don’t have where we live (for instance we have a Cowfish close by so it’s not an option at Uni!)

ETA - I saw Se7en Bites on the cooking channel now I’d really like to try it!!

I need to follow this thread as I love to find great restaurants that we don’t have where we live (for instance we have a Cowfish close by so it’s not an option at Uni!)

ETA - I saw Se7en Bites on the cooking channel now I’d really like to try it!!

Seven Bites is good, but not near Disney and not open for dinner. Each time I have been, the wait has ranged from 20-45 minutes in a line outside. That's a good sign, but something to plan for.

Agree with others about the fun to be had at Ford's Garage. Be sure to check out the cool decor/theming in the restrooms!

Agave Auzl mentioned above is hit and miss for my family. They put potatoes inside the chicken enchiladas -- that turned out to be a deal breaker for my family. More chicken would have been a better bet.

Bahama Breeze is good. The house salad dressing there is very good. But we found it on the pricy side for what you get.

Enjoy your trip!

We like the Benihana on International drive. If anyone has a birthday in November, sign up for their club and get a coupon for $30 off dinner Monday thru Thursday.

We prefer food we can’t get up north, so we always go to Q’Kenan for Venezuelan food. I love their cheese empanadas and plantains. Their homemade cheese on a Venezualean sandwich is something special. We love the gyros at King O Falafel in Kissimmee. Sofritos Cuban Cafe gets good reviews but we have not been there yet.

Keep in mind that the three places mentioned above are small local joints with no atmosphere.

Check out dining options in Celebration. We love the 1905 salad with Cuban sandwich or black bean soup at The Colombian. We used to go to Cafe d Antonio a lot for Italian.

We don’t have Wawas near us, so we always pop in for a loaded Italian sub whenever we have the chance.

Anas Brazilian Kitchen and Border Grill Fresh Mex are on our list for our next trip.

After years of tasting Evette Rahman’s glorious pies as a judge of in the National Pie Competition, I would not miss a visit to her bakery Sister Honey near downtown.

Many of the above are closed now so who knows if they will survive and reopen.

Favorite is Millers Ale House, especially if there is a game on to watch. We also like Johnny's Hideaway (higher end steak and seafood) and Carabba's is good for a chain italian place.

Favorite is Millers Ale House, especially if there is a game on to watch. We also like Johnny's Hideaway (higher end steak and seafood) and Carabba's is good for a chain italian place.
The Captain Jack’s buried treasure they have at ale house is my favorite desert to get at any restaurant. We’ve even bought a whole cake of it before and brought it back to the cabins we stay in at the fort for birthday parties.

Our family loves Sofrito Latin Cafe at 8607 Palm Parkway. We haven't been since COVID. Before Covid you placed your order at a counter and then a server brought food to your table and waited on you. It has a Mom and Pop type feel. It is reasonable priced and the food has always been great. Some of our favorite dishes are Lemo Saltdo (skirt steak), Camarones al Ajillo (shrimp), Churrasco steak, Roasted Pork and my children love their plantains. I do know that in late spring they only were doing take out but I have know idea if they are serving in the restaurant right now. Even if you can only get the food to go I highly recommend giving it a try. We have brought several friend with us over the years and everyone has enjoyed it.

Our family loves Sofrito Latin Cafe at 8607 Palm Parkway. We haven't been since COVID. Before Covid you placed your order at a counter and then a server brought food to your table and waited on you. It has a Mom and Pop type feel. It is reasonable priced and the food has always been great. Some of our favorite dishes are Lemo Saltdo (skirt steak), Camarones al Ajillo (shrimp), Churrasco steak, Roasted Pork and my children love their plantains. I do know that in late spring they only were doing take out but I have know idea if they are serving in the restaurant right now. Even if you can only get the food to go I highly recommend giving it a try. We have brought several friend with us over the years and everyone has enjoyed it.
I was there last summer. They had indoor and outdoor seating available.

Raglan Road

Morimoto's (Peking Duck)

Giordano's

Miami Subs and Grill

Pollo Tropical

Crown Fried Chicken

Gyu Kaku Japanese BBQ (reasonable prices)

Landry's Sea Food House

Fuddruckers

Sizzler

Sonic

Wawa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter