Favorite items at F&W

I believe the cheddar soup and filet at the Canada booth were the two most popular items of last year's festival. It's a shame that they have to "waste" that booth selling items that are available year-round, but I guess you can't argue with the demand.

Some of my favorite returning items from previous years that are returning this year are the lettuce wrap from the South Korea booth, the spicy hand roll from Japan, the beef skewer from Argentina, both the tuna poke and the pork slider from Hawaii, the Sparkling Pomegranate Kir and the Eiffel Sour Cosmo Slush from France, and the fisherman's pie from Ireland. There are also lots of new dishes that I'm looking forward to trying for the first time this year.

Sweet Melissa said:
I believe the cheddar soup and filet at the Canada booth were the two most popular items of last year's festival. It's a shame that they have to "waste" that booth selling items that are available year-round, but I guess you can't argue with the demand.

Some of my favorite returning items from previous years that are returning this year are the lettuce wrap from the South Korea booth, the spicy hand roll from Japan, the beef skewer from Argentina, both the tuna poke and the pork slider from Hawaii, the Sparkling Pomegranate Kir and the Eiffel Sour Cosmo Slush from France, and the fisherman's pie from Ireland. There are also lots of new dishes that I'm looking forward to trying for the first time this year.

I for one am glad they (canada) serve these choices. I can get a taste of some of my fav foods without out the price and hassle of a ressie.

Sweet Melissa said:

Thank you. You have made me a list that sounds just like what I want. I've never done F&W and will doing a weekend only trip for two days mid October and this helps me (and my tastes) so much!

The absolute best selling item at any of the kiosks is the cheddar cheese soup at Canada.

The best selling booths are Canada and Ireland.

I find those dull. No, I'm not a fan of the fisherman's pie or the filet. I'm going to miss the spicy chicken sausage from Canada. I like the ones with more exotic offerings. I really liked the fish in spicy sauce from Singapore and it's returning this year.

France, the escargots in pastry
Korea, roasted pork in lettuce leaves
Canada, the soup (yum), filet, (blah!) spent too much time in the steam
Agentina, beef skewer w/ chimichurri
? I had something yummy with kimchi, can't think of where
Greek salad was refreshing and well seasoned!

P.S. By the time we arrived at Ireland, I was full and it smelled way too fishy!

My favorite item last year was the griddled cheese from Greece. I also loved the Coq Au Vin from France and the Mongolian Steamed Bun in China.

Least favorites were the pork slider, lobster roll and sushi.

Beef skewer with chimichurri from Argentina, Lamb chop from Australia is very popular and very good!, Belgian waffles from Belgium, escargot from France, I LOVE the kielbasa and potato pierogi from Poland. Those are all my for sure must do's and this will be my 3rd F&W.

the cheese soup for me is the best. I know its probably the easy choice but I get 2 or 3 cups every time we are at EPCOT. Now I also like the fishermans pie from ireland the dumplings from china are pretty good. I would agree that the lobster roll was our least favorite. I think my wife and I each took 1 bite and tossed it.

I think my faves are usually the dessert offerings. But then again I'm not that adventurous. I'm just not a big meat fan. Curious as to how the vegetarian selections will be. And also, I was pregnant the last time I went in 2011, so I'm just a bit excited to try the new drink offerings. :)

Side note: Anyone know when they release the official booth offerings? I'm getting restless!

I think my faves are usually the dessert offerings. But then again I'm not that adventurous. I'm just not a big meat fan. Curious as to how the vegetarian selections will be. And also, I was pregnant the last time I went in 2011, so I'm just a bit excited to try the new drink offerings. :)

Side note: Anyone know when they release the official booth offerings? I'm getting restless!

I think Disney Food Blog's list is accurate and up to date; it's what I refer to, anyway: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013-...val-marketplace-booths-menus-and-food-photos/.

I love the desserts, too - especially the bread pudding from a few years ago. I'm hoping the one from the Hops & Barley booth is similar.

Other favorites:

• Cheese soup, Canada
  • Spanakopita, Greece
  • Tacos in Mexico (I miss the chilaquiles!)
And some new-to-me items I'm looking forward to this year:

• Pork slider, Hawaii
  • Kimchi dog, South Korea
  • Beef with chimichurri, Argentina
  • Ceviche, Florida

P.S. I'm pregnant this time and don't get to enjoy the "wine" portion of the festival, so have some for me! ;)

France, the escargots in pastry
Korea, roasted pork in lettuce leaves
Canada, the soup (yum), filet, (blah!) spent too much time in the steam
Agentina, beef skewer w/ chimichurri
? I had something yummy with kimchi, can't think of where
Greek salad was refreshing and well seasoned!

P.S. By the time we arrived at Ireland, I was full and it smelled way too fishy!

:thumbsup2

With the news regarding the addition of the Scotland booth this year, my son the "foodie" is hoping for "haggis", which I do like myself! Somehow, I think we're in the minority!

With the news regarding the addition of the Scotland booth this year, my son the "foodie" is hoping for "haggis", which I do like myself! Somehow, I think we're in the minority!

They will have a vegetarian haggis. Which is weird considering what haggis is lol

They will have a vegetarian haggis. Which is weird considering what haggis is lol

This always makes me laugh as its just so not right! Its like the veggie bacon they sell that just makes me think why are you vegetarian again? I'm sure veggie haggis is lovely but its nowhere near haggis its just like a veg pattie surely?

Mushroom filet was by far the best item last year!!! (Washed down with a cup of cheddar cheese soup)!

Black pepper shrimp is back at China this year after taking last year off, but the pot stickers have changed from pork to chicken this year......
So Canada, China, and Hawaii with the pork slider are my picks!

I loved the Australian lamb chop,the shrimp taco from Mexico, the Grey goose slushy in France, the filet from Canada, the Ravioli from Italy, the Kielbasa & pierogi from Poland, & the beef from Africa. Can't wait to save up my snack dining credits & eat & drink around the world again!

I loved the Australian lamb chop,the shrimp taco from Mexico, the Grey goose slushy in France, the filet from Canada, the Ravioli from Italy, the Kielbasa & pierogi from Poland, & the beef from Africa. Can't wait to save up my snack dining credits & eat & drink around the world again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter