• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite DVC Resort

#1 Boardwalk is favorite - the atmosphere of the Boardwalk itself, location to Epcot for Food and Wine festival, and Jellyrolls!

2nd is probably Poly cause I just like the vibe and easy access to both MK and Epcot (via walk to TTC). Walking around the resort feels the least like I'm at Disney World to me.

3rd AKV (Jambo) only because its location. #1 based on resort alone.

#1 Boardwalk is favorite - the atmosphere of the Boardwalk itself, location to Epcot for Food and Wine festival, and Jellyrolls!

2nd is probably Poly cause I just like the vibe and easy access to both MK and Epcot (via walk to TTC). Walking around the resort feels the least like I'm at Disney World to me.

3rd AKV (Jambo) only because its location. #1 based on resort alone.
I have tried to determine which side of AKV is the best but it seems like they both have pros and cons.

One of our stays soon I want to do a BWV and BCV split stay.

I have tried to determine which side of AKV is the best but it seems like they both have pros and cons.

One of our stays soon I want to do a BWV and BCV split stay.
I've stayed at both and we vastly prefer Jambo just because of the food services at Jambo vs Kidani, but we typically stay in studios. We had a car and a 2-bedroom at Kidani in 2022 and we were perfectly happy, but in a studio give me Jambo 10 out of 10 times.

In contrast to @skier_pete, we almost always stay in 1BR, so we much prefer Kidani. The bathroom situation at Jambo (across a hallway from the bedroom, a tub/shower only that's very difficult for me to get into and out of) and, since we almost always have a car, being able to park under the building at Kidani and therefore out of sun and rain are what make the difference for us. Plus the 1BR at Kidani has two full bathrooms, and DH loves to have his own :cutie: ! We cook breakfast in the room and don't mind taking the shuttle to Jambo if we want to eat there, so not having as many dining options in the building doesn't bother us, either.

My Fave is BEACH CLUB
Proximity to EPCOT, & Fantasia Gardens (parking sucks over there), and the SAB Pool !

DW's Fave is ANIMAL KINGDOM- JAMBO
She loves watching the animals and the Jambo Lobby.

The Villas at the Grand Californian

1) Distance from room to theme park entry.
2) Views of Pixar Pier.
3) 1Bd has 2 bathrooms; 2 Bd has 3 bathroom's.
4) Distance to dining in hotel and Downtown Disney.
5) Beautiful lobby with rotating holiday themes and piano player.
6) On site spa.
7) Classic Arts & Crafts theming.

Yes! I totally forgot about the pianist. It's so nice to hear them while walking through and also to stop and enjoy for a bit. Some nights when we were there last year they had some singers as well. It was great!

Aulani is hands-down our favorite property. Nothing else in the system really is like it. It’s an amazing resort in an amazing location. Every DVC member should really try to get out there at least once.

My favorite thing in all of DVC may be sitting in those infinity-view hot tubs…

My favorite is Disney's Hilton Head Resort. I've stayed there starting with my first time in 1997. It has the absolute best pool, which stretches almost all the way to Beaufort on one side and Tybee Island on the other. In addition it has 2 pool puddles and a hot tub usually filled with kids. And the sunrises! Wow, so beautiful! (Not kidding on this!) Plus, sunsets over the Marsh from the resort. It's been home for more than 25 years.

Favorite at Disney World is BWV. Can't compare anything to that BW View! Plus the short walks to DHS and Epcot.

I also own at BCV, but I'm not quite as enamored by it. Just stayed there last month and it served it's purpose for a 4 night stay. I don't have to fight to get rooms there at 11 months as I do with BWV, that's one good thing about it.

Have enjoyed all the DVC resorts at Disney World except the 'new' FT Wilderness Cabins. I've stayed in the old ones and it was fun to park and drive my golf cart around.

SSR- beautifully renovated studios, Paddock pool (and its bar), walking the grounds in the morning is so peaceful, and you can walk to DS! I also like OKW.
We want to do SSR and OKW at some point I just don't know how I feel about transportation to the parks. Don't like extra stops. I know OKW does this but do SSR make multiple stops within the resort?

We want to do SSR and OKW at some point I just don't know how I feel about transportation to the parks. Don't like extra stops. I know OKW does this but do SSR make multiple stops within the resort?
It does, but it has never seemed to take that long. (Knock on wood) we have never had issues at either resort. Just give yourself a little extra time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter