• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Disney baked treat

WaltDisneyGirl84

DIS Veteran
So this is a tough one, especially for someone with a sweet tooth like myself, but what is your favorite baked treat in the parks/resort? I'm tempted to pick one for each park, but if I had to pick my ABSOLUTE favorite it would be the chocolate/almond croissant from Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie in the France Pavilion at EPCOT. I'm trying to discipline myself until Thanksgiving, but I'm really testing myself right now lol

My favorite would have to be their cakes. We've had some really delicious custom cakes. I also really enjoyed the eclair at the bakery in France.

The strawberry tart at Les Halles in Epcot is swoon-worthy. It's tied only by the warm chocolate and banana torte from Citricos.

Almost anything from Les Halles is good; however, I really love the custom rice krispy treats from Goofy's. I don't know why. It's just a rice krispy treat, right? But it wouldn't be a trip to WDW without one.

I love lots of things, but I especially love the Brownie Paw at the coffee shop in AK. The most recent (Oct 2016) menu listed at Allears still has it on there, so I am hoping I can snag one in January.

Amorette's has some very beautiful and tasty treats. The caramel filled chocolate cookies at Werther's are excellent. The cinnamon rolls at Gaston's are good (but not as good as the ones they used to have at the Main Street Bakery--but that may be because I am still bitter about Starbucks replacing the Bakery).
But if I am honest, the one thing I always get is one of those simple, cheap, chocolate cakes in the plastic cup at the counter service places. If they are fresh, they are so good with that thick fudgy icing. And who doesn't like Mickey sprinkles?

Mickey-Head Rice Krispy treat dipped in Werther Chocolate AND Caramel layers (available only at Epcot Norway)

EP, Love anything at Les Halles and the strawberry cake and chocolate cake at Sunshine Seasons

HS, the grapefruit cake at Starring Rolls

MK, cinnamon roll at Gastons or made-to-order chocolate chip ice cream sandwich at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor

AK, found the same chocolate chip ice cream sandwich at Dino Bites in Dinoland.

Love most everything at Les Halles. Also love the Magic Cookie Bar at POR-Riverside!
I have to agree with this--love, love, love pretty much everything at Les Halles--can't go wrong! I know it's not a baked item, but I was at the Food and Wine last month and had the best ever--chocolate/caramel creme brûlée at the France kiosk--unfortunately don't think it will be there when I go in 2 weeks:sad:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter