Favorite age to take kids?

queenofmykingdom

Earning My Ears
I have been with my kids from when they were 1-9 years old. I'd have to say 5 was my favorite age to take them. No diapers needed, minimal stroller use, can wait in lines. How about everyone else?

I like 5 too. A little bit older was nice as well as there was a few things he would not ride at 5, but the characters were not as special that next trip either. Yep....5 was good!

We took our twins for the first time last year at 7. They were tall enough for most of the rides, able to walk on their own with no stroller, and ate many different foods.

We liked the trip with our almost three year old, no diapers and he ate well too. The next trip our son will be 6 and our daughter almost three, hope it will work out the same.

I agree... we go every year and I would say 5 was def. the best age!! Old enough ti undersyand and get excited... everything was real and magical

Last year was our first trip. 11 and not quite 7.

6-7 would be about perfect as long as 48" or bigger. Tall enough for all the rides she wanted to do, no stroller, no midday break, still believed the characters were real. :thumbsup2

Since WDW requires a cross-country trek for us, we waited until our boys were 8 and 11. It was a perfect trip for us. We're going again this summer when they will be 18 and 14 (almost 15). Since we live much closer to Disneyland, we have been there many times since they were 5 and 2.

We just got back and I love the ages our kids were. 3 and 6. I liked seeing it through both perspectives in terms of what they were each into and loved. I am looking forward to taking them back when they are both a bit older though. I am just so glad to see it through young eyes :-)

Steph

I agree with age 5. DD was able to ride more rides with more height but still in awe of characters at meet & greets! Still needed stroller when tired of walking but food and potty breaks were much easier to coordinate.

My girls have ranged from ages 3-12 on our trips and they were all my favorite ;) We've never done diapers at WDW, so that helped. Age 5 was when we ditched the stroller most of the time and that was nice, but on the other hand, it was easy to keep track of them when they were in the stroller.

As they grow the experience changes but it's all been good. In two weeks I'll be at DL with an 11 and a 14. We'll be able to utilize the single rider line for RSR.

5 on up. At least they'll remember it without having to look at pictures and video as evidence you really took them there. :)

I say any age. The experience was different everytime we went, but all of them are my favorite

Every age we've taken them was a different experience. I have to admit once we were able to go with out a diaper bag, car seat, and stroller we enjoyed it more.

Every age we've taken them was a different experience. I have to admit once we were able to go with out a diaper bag, car seat, and stroller we enjoyed it more.

I wouldn't say all the people I saw with strollers at Disney were unhappy, but all the unhappy people I saw at Disney had strollers :lmao:

I would say 5 or 6. My boys were really into the characters at that age. I remember fondly how my now 10 year old lit up when he visited at 5. And this time when we went we had a 2 (almost 3), 6 and 10 year old and seeing the excitement on my 6 year-olds face was priceless!

We are going back next year when youngest DS is 4, but I think we will go again when he is 5 or 6 because that is just such a great age to take them.

I have been with my kids from when they were 1-9 years old. I'd have to say 5 was my favorite age to take them. No diapers needed, minimal stroller use, can wait in lines. How about everyone else?

I liked when my kids were 6 & 8. When they were younger, they were a little scared of the characters. By then they had a good idea of what to expect and enjoyed themselves more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter