• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Adult Meal?

tanyaandallie

DIS Veteran
We are headed back to WDW in March for Spring Break. My kids are old enough now that we are pondering sending them to the parks for a few hours while dh and I venture out for a nice meal on our own. We are looking for a restaurant with great food and a good atmosphere.....nothing too stuffy. My husband definitely will not wear a tie on vacation. :) I'd prefer outside of the parks. We eat almost anything. We tried Artist Point last trip and really enjoyed it. I am considering Jiko but would love any other opinions.

Thanks!!!!

Arist Point is one of my all-time favorite signature dining experiences - I haven't been disappointed yet! I also recommend California Grill (that view!) and Yachtsman Steakhouse. (Neither requires men to wear a tie, btw.) Jiko is good too, bu I haven't eaten there in a couple of years. I think the only restaurant you really have to dress for is V&A's. Enjoy!

Thanks! I have definitely considered Cali Grill too. I think my hubby would probably prefer that. I just want to try something new that we have never done! I read the other thread on this just a bit ago and am going to look at some of those suggestions also!

I really liked Narcoossee's. Went for 1st time on last trip. Nice but in no way formal by any means. Everything was great from the table bread, apps. to dessert and dessert wines. I would reccomend this highly.

I love AP, but am super excited to try Flying Fish in Dec. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about the restaurant after the re-opening.

We always go to Cali Grill and Yachtsman on our trips (well, all but the 1st trip). We bookend the trip with them. We rotate each trip as to which is on the arrival day and which is the night before our departure.

If possible try and get a reservation for around 8-8:30 at Cali Grill. Depending on what time Wishes/Hallowishes/Holiday Wishes is during your trip (9 pm most nights) you possibly get a window seat. If not you can go out on either of the viewing areas and see either Wishes/Hallowishes/Holiday Wishes on the MK (north) side or parts of Illuminations from the Epcot (south) side.

The food is outstanding at both but due to the view we give Cali Grill the better of the two. Even if you don't get a reservation for that time you can go back and show them your receipt and still utilize the viewing area. :)

Does it have to be on property? We were doing some magical dining month menus, and Hemingways at the Grand Hyatt (beautiful gardens to explore), or Roys on Sand Lake Rd were both excellent (tho Roys was noisy), and although it was dress-casual, I don't recall seeing any ties :)

I put Artist Point, Jiki, Flying Fish, and Narcoossees in the same category. Those are all at the top of my list, and the ranking seems to change based on my most recent meal. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

Cali Grill is nice. On our last trip I went to Via Napoli for the first time. WOW...so sad I didnt go any time before then. Also Les Chefs de France was wonderful.

At a resort..Any restaurant at Grand Floridian. GF Cafe is not stuffy and has great food. Yachtsman Steakhouse too. Gee...there are so many options!!

DW and I ate at Jiko on our trip a couple weeks ago. We really liked it. Filet was perfect and I had the buffalo ribeye which was excellent. The Swiss chard, potatoes and peppers under the ribeye was amazing.

I really liked Narcoossee's. Went for 1st time on last trip. Nice but in no way formal by any means. Everything was great from the table bread, apps. to dessert and dessert wines. I would reccomend this highly.

My favorite!!! I try to time my ADR so we can view Wishes.

I also like Flying FIsh, and am looking forward to going back after the refurb.

If you do nto mind walking to the Swalphin, I really enjoyed Il Mulino. The d=food was excellent, as was the service.

We had our wedding meal at AP. It was lovely. We went to narcosees next trip, and that, probably was nicer IMO
This time, we are going to try Yachtsman (and the Cali Grill brunch fingers crossed!)

Not including V&A (since a suit and tie are out), our favorite place is Narcoossee's. The food, service and view are wonderful. We also love Cali Grill, Flying Fish, Yachtman Steakhouse and Blue Zoo.

We have our Christmas dinner at Narcoossee's every year and it has never let us down. The view is wonderful and once dark, depending on what time you go, you can see the castle lighting up or the wishes fireworks. You must have it's signature dessert - Almond-crusted cheesecake, I wait impatiently all year for another one.

We are headed back to WDW in March for Spring Break. My kids are old enough now that we are pondering sending them to the parks for a few hours while dh and I venture out for a nice meal on our own. We are looking for a restaurant with great food and a good atmosphere.....nothing too stuffy. My husband definitely will not wear a tie on vacation. :) I'd prefer outside of the parks. We eat almost anything. We tried Artist Point last trip and really enjoyed it. I am considering Jiko but would love any other opinions.

Thanks!!!!
the new flying fish is getting great reviews. the bonus is that the boardwalk is a destination itself.

We have our Christmas dinner at Narcoossee's every year and it has never let us down. The view is wonderful and once dark, depending on what time you go, you can see the castle lighting up or the wishes fireworks. You must have it's signature dessert - Almond-crusted cheesecake, I wait impatiently all year for another one.

Also think about trying the Chocolate Coconut Creme Brulee it is outstanding. Next trip maybe 2 desserts!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter