Fave Value Resorts?

Everyone has their favorite and for my wife and I we choose to stay at ASMusic every year. Why? Here are some numbers to consider. AS Music has 1604 rooms while AS Sports and Movies have 1920. AOA has 1984 and POP has 2880. Do the math. This means Music has the chance to have less people in the restaurant, pool, bus lines, gift shop, demanding assistance from the concierge. But the main reason we go back to Music every year is the staff. We are truly made to feel welcome everytime we travel down to WDW. Look at my picture. That's me with the girls in the gift shop. We email each other during the year and on the day we arrive they are standing there waiting for us. My wife and I are in our 60's and we spend a lot of time at the resort as we like to rest in the afternoon at pool side every day. Wouldn't ever go anywhere else.

I do the math. Music 1604 rooms, Sports 1920 rooms, Movies 1920 =5444 rooms .SAME BUS.....
POP 2880 rooms.......Dedicated BUS

POP all the way......plus you can walk to AOA, and change food courts for dinning

POP... the location is great, it doesn't share buses with any other resorts and I always ask for a lake view room for the quiet. You can walk across to AoA for alternative dining options and the Star Wars fireworks are view-able from the Hourglass Lake Bridge. I like the actual queues at the bus stop... the only thing I would really change would be to add more greenery in the bus stop area as the front of the resort is very cement-y looking.

I do the math. Music 1604 rooms, Sports 1920 rooms, Movies 1920 =5444 rooms .SAME BUS.....

POP all the way......plus you can walk to AOA, and change food courts for dinning

Except that they do not share 100% of the time. I've had multiple value stays and rarely share. So all the all stars are not using the same bus.

We've stayed at ASMusic (2x), Pop Century and this past September, All Star Movies. We liked Movies the best of the value resorts. We were in the Toy Story section, in the bldg next to the outdoor theater, so it was literally 2 minutes to the bus and food court. And the food court... so much less crazy than Pop Century. That one gave me anxiety. But hey. They're all Disney and all magical in their own right, so have fun deciding! :smickey:

I have stayed at Music since 2009 and can count on one hand the times we have shared with the other all stars. It usually only happens during the middle of the afternoon when there are only a few people on the bus and it makes no sense to travel with three of four riders. besides, what is a few minutes? Slow down and enjoy life. Quit being in such a hurry. You never know who you may meet on the journey so embrace the journey and enjoy life.

All star movies! It was great and very very quiet, and it was not a large resort! We would for sure go back again :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter