Fastpass+

pickers1982

DIS Veteran
sorry to post yet another fast pass + question on here! 7th of August is my booking day. What UK time can I start booking rides?

Also do you really need to book straight away (I don't want to see Anna and Elsa!) or is availability ok most the time?

7 dwarves mine train, Soarin' and Toy Story Mania are the only ones that, in my experience, can be hard to come by if you leave it too late.

Midnight USA eastern time so 5am for us, it used to be delayed if MK was open later than midnight the day before (6th of Aug for you) but I don't think that's the case anymore. I've been able to swap mine about quite a bit since the 60 day mark, haven't attempted to move 7DMT though.

It's definitely 5am now.... As others have said A & E and 7DMT can be the real difficult ones still to get on certain dates and times and I have not been able to move mine since I booked nearly 2 months ago... Most others you should get ok..

Thanks for the updates!

Might set the alarm or wait the extra hour for the 8 month old to wake me up.

Ah yes toy story mania and 7 dmt are def on the list.

I'm normally awake around 6.30 in week, so getting up at 5am to secure all we wanted wasn't to bad ..

Baby was up at 5.30 yesterday and 5.20 today. Maybe he s getting me ready!

It's not like dining is it where the site crashes a lot just after it opens?

No, I found it quite easy to use. don't know if you've read many tips but what I found worked really well was choosing the 3 rides I wanted and then selecting the nearest combo of times that Disney gave me for each day, then going back and tweaking times for each day. Perhaps do the 7DMT day 1st. I got exactly what I wanted this way including 7DMT, A&E & two lots of TSM :thumbsup2

Also if you're going to MK on a MNSSHP night you shouldn't be able to book FP after 6:30pm, if you do they'll be cancelled. Been reading long threads about lots of unhappy customers on the USA board.

Don't stress, it's quite easy to use, I just had a list of what I wanted when pre-pared, found it so simple in the end.

Have a fab time, bet the baby lays in on the day you have to be up early :goodvibes

That's good to know. Did do it feb 2014 but can't remember it all! Cheers for the tips.

Haha yes Sod's law he will sleep in.

Yes that is another good point, since booking our FP+ I have been able to get better times on almost all of them

I managed to get everything I wanted at pretty much the times I wanted including A&E and SDMT and have been able to move some around since without too many problems

No, I found it quite easy to use. don't know if you've read many tips but what I found worked really well was choosing the 3 rides I wanted and then selecting the nearest combo of times that Disney gave me for each day, then going back and tweaking times for each day. Perhaps do the 7DMT day 1st. I got exactly what I wanted this way including 7DMT, A&E & two lots of TSM :thumbsup2

:goodvibes

I found the system quite easy to use too but I found it easier to choose the combinations of times for each day furthest away from what I wanted and then change times from there. If you wanted to change your time for TSM for example it will only show you alternative times that don't overlap with any of the other FPs you have chosen. That means if you have selected FP times close to what you want when you try to change it you won't see all the available time options. I hope that makes sense? I wouldn't recommend my technique if you wanted anything really hard to get on a particular day though as you might find that times had gone when you tried to change it and you would be stuck with a time a long way from what you wanted.

Thanks for all the great tips. Got woken up at 5.30 and managed to get most things at the time I wanted.

Was surprised the odd ride even booking really early had limited availability. Tsm or Kilimanjaro. This is at a relatively quiet time of year so must be tough turning up on the day with nothing booked to get fast passes. Anyone any experience of this?

I booked for 6 people as it was easiest to book everyone on the same ride initially. Is I now possible to change say 3 people from one ride to another and keep the other bookings the same? Can't work it out!

Yes go to update FP and choose the date. Click on change experience for the ride you want to change for some of your party. It will then give you a list of alternative rides. When you click on the new ride it brings up a list of times and a list of names in your party which all have a tick by them by default. Just remove the tick for the people you want to keep the original ride. I hope this is clear enough without sounding too patronising. :)

Thanks for all the great tips. Got woken up at 5.30 and managed to get most things at the time I wanted.

Was surprised the odd ride even booking really early had limited availability. Tsm or Kilimanjaro. This is at a relatively quiet time of year so must be tough turning up on the day with nothing booked to get fast passes. Anyone any experience of this?

I booked for 6 people as it was easiest to book everyone on the same ride initially. Is I now possible to change say 3 people from one ride to another and keep the other bookings the same? Can't work it out!

As per previous post that will sort out changing other peoples FP+.... Also bear in mind that you will be able to improve most of your FP+ times etc over the coming weeks, I have updated ours a few times since originally booking as your plans evolve and Disney change park times it can work out better for you sometimes...

Yes go to update FP and choose the date. Click on change experience for the ride you want to change for some of your party. It will then give you a list of alternative rides. When you click on the new ride it brings up a list of times and a list of names in your party which all have a tick by them by default. Just remove the tick for the people you want to keep the original ride. I hope this is clear enough without sounding too patronising. :)
Not patronizing, that's the perfect reply! Was worried that if I clicked that far I would delete things but it's all clear now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter