Fastpass+ first park or second

toomuch

Earning My Ears
We have park hoppers. I like to get to first park at opening then leave when we get tired and hot, around 1 or 2. Then spend some time at hotel. Then head to a second park Around 5or 6. My question is should I use my fastpass+ at the first park or the second park. We are staying at animal kingdom mid August.

I will be using mine for the second park....seems to me with the way things are going this makes the most sense.

Definitely the second park. When you get to the first park do all of the headliners first thing, before the crowds get huge. Then when you hop to the second park you will already have your FP+ selections for the things you really want to do. With the old FP- system there would have been no FPs left by the time you got the the second park, although no one else seems to remember this at all :confused3

Definitely the second park. When you get to the first park do all of the headliners first thing, before the crowds get huge. Then when you hop to the second park you will already have your FP+ selections for the things you really want to do. With the old FP- system there would have been no FPs left by the time you got the the second park, although no one else seems to remember this at all :confused3

First of all your entire comment is only true for about a third of the year, which was the busiest time of year. The rest of the year, it was quite easy to pull FPs in the evening, even for headliners.

Secondly, the bolded is what makes your take ridiculous. Really, if I FP+ Epcot in the evening I can do "the things I really want to do" with FPs ??? TT and Soarin ?

If I head to HS can I grab TSMM, RnR, and ToT ?

If I go to MK can I FP Space, Splash, Thunder, AND Buzz or ... any of the other rides because 3 FP in MK isn't enough ???

See that's the thing. People like to say you can "FP+ the rides you really want to do ..." Except you can't, in 2 parks you have to choose BETWEEN the rides you really want to do, and in one park there simply are not enough FPs for the park. As for AK, well, we do Safari, EE and Kali, everything else is bonus. Of course, we also used to be able to FP those multiple times.

As for the OP, yes, if this is the route you are taking, you should FP in your second park.

Its the best use of the system, though worse than the old system, you can still try to get the most out of it.

On my trip last moth, I almost always used my FPs in the afternoon or evening. I went to rope drop every day, and was able to get a tons of things done in the mornings. Then "saved" my FPs for later in the day, usually after I park-hopped.

Occasionally, I would use my FP in my morning park. I did this because I wanted to repeat a couple of rides (like Soarin', twice in the same morning, once standby and once FP). Since I didn't need to use my FPs later in the day, I decided to use them in the morning. That seems to go against conventional wisdom (to use your FPs in the morning), but I used them based on which rides I wanted to go on, not whether it was morning or afternoon.

First of all your entire comment is only true for about a third of the year, which was the busiest time of year. The rest of the year, it was quite easy to pull FPs in the evening, even for headliners.

Secondly, the bolded is what makes your take ridiculous. Really, if I FP+ Epcot in the evening I can do "the things I really want to do" with FPs ??? TT and Soarin ?

If I go to MK can I FP Space, Splash, Thunder, AND Buzz or ... any of the other rides because 3 FP in MK isn't enough ???

See that's the thing. People like to say you can "FP+ the rides you really want to do ..." Except you can't, in 2 parks you have to choose BETWEEN the rides you really want to do, and in one park there simply are not enough FPs for the park. As for AK, well, we do Safari, EE and Kali, everything else is bonus. Of course, we also used to be able to FP those multiple times.

I'm sorry you hate it so much. Why are you even bothering going back if FP+ has made the entire trip so terrible? For some reason, it worked fine for us. And we were very happy to be able to get FP+ for TSMM the same day we wanted to use it, without being at DHS to get it in person.

Why do you get so mad because it worked for someone else?

To the OP, PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY and quit going to Disney. NEVER GO AGAIN!!!! That is the only way to enjoy your life. Seriously, Disney is the worst place on earth!!!

We chose not to use the hopper pass for the first time ever, and we still used our FP+ later in the day. Like someone said, even with fast pass plus you can't get all of the headliner attractions so I would chose to open each park at some point to hit the ones you miss. :goodvibes

On my trip last moth, I almost always used my FPs in the afternoon or evening. I went to rope drop every day, and was able to get a tons of things done in the mornings. Then "saved" my FPs for later in the day, usually after I park-hopped.

Occasionally, I would use my FP in my morning park. I did this because I wanted to repeat a couple of rides (like Soarin', twice in the same morning, once standby and once FP). Since I didn't need to use my FPs later in the day, I decided to use them in the morning. That seems to go against conventional wisdom (to use your FPs in the morning), but I used them based on which rides I wanted to go on, not whether it was morning or afternoon.

I'm glad it worked for you, but you will most likely get banned from these forums if you keep saying stuff like that :furious:

I'm sorry you hate it so much. Why are you even bothering going back if FP+ has made the entire trip so terrible? For some reason, it worked fine for us. And we were very happy to be able to get FP+ for TSMM the same day we wanted to use it, without being at DHS to get it in person.

Why do you get so mad because it worked for someone else?

To the OP, PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY and quit going to Disney. NEVER GO AGAIN!!!! That is the only way to enjoy your life. Seriously, Disney is the worst place on earth!!!

I'm glad it worked for you, but you will most likely get banned from these forums if you keep saying stuff like that :furious:

Only person I see here getting mad is .... you ?

I am sorry, you can't seem to compete in a logical analysis of the system, but rather can only resort to ummm "I liked it" then rant rant rant rant rant ...

You note, well you probably wont actually bother to pay attention - but heck why not try and point it out for you, that I actually didn't say any of that stuff you put in " " quotes. But hey, again, if you can't logically and calmly engage in a discussion about the merits of the system, well I am just going to say that's your problem, not mine.

Wow, I was simply trying to explain my strategy (use FP mostly in the afternoon, but occasionally using them in the morning, too) and the reasons behind it, in response to the OP's question. I re-read my original post and think it's very polite. Why would that lead to my being banned from the DIS? :confused3

Only person I see here getting mad is .... you ?

I am sorry, you can't seem to compete in a logical analysis of the system, but rather can only resort to ummm "I liked it" then rant rant rant rant rant ...

You note, well you probably wont actually bother to pay attention - but heck why not try and point it out for you, that I actually didn't say any of that stuff you put in " " quotes. But hey, again, if you can't logically and calmly engage in a discussion about the merits of the system, well I am just going to say that's your problem, not mine.

Where did I use quotes? I am sorry you see this as a rant. I see your point. You only get 3 FP+ per day. And some parks have tiers. The OP wanted to know the best way to use the new system. You and I agreed about how to do that.

Why are you saying I am not logical or calm? I guess I just can't see why people keep going if the new system is so bad? It will be interesting to see if the crowds go down because of it or not.

Again, where did I use quotes exactly?

As for the OP, yes, if this is the route you are taking, you should FP in your second park.

Its the best use of the system, though worse than the old system, you can still try to get the most out of it.

Agree 100% this is the best use of the system.

You are calling me ridiculous. And I started it? Wow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter