FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is awesome! Thank you!

That is all :love:

I'm telling you....it wasn't here when I went on my trip in 2015 because...I missed A LOT on that trip. I waited till the last minute, nearly, to buy our tickets. I got our tickets at about the 21 day mark, so that 30 day mark had LONG passed. However, I was a resort guest, so I shot myself in BOTH feet by missing that 60 day window! :rotfl2:The evening I did purchase them, I went ahead and did FPs. I got some poopy ones. :rolleyes: :rolleyes1 Not knowing any better, I just took the ones I got and went on about our business. I didn't know about refreshing, modifying, the 30 and 60 day window, the tiers, etc. After our trip, I kinda disappeared here from the DIS but always promised to come back before our next trip. I believe I signed back on around September or October of last year and read through this sticky! @mesaboy2 has done a pretty impressive job keeping everything current and understandable. I'm looking forward to going in June and seeing if I can be as lucky as some with the modifying and if needed day of FPs. I'm pretty confident I'll get 7DMT at my 60 day window, because I'm looking to do it 60+1, 60+3 or 60+4. That's the only headliner I read here that can still be difficult to get that I'm interested in. I'm going to rope drop FEA and FP TT. AK....I'm only doing tier 2s. We won't be getting to that park till about noon, so I'm going to set our first FP at 12:00 and stay till about 5 or 6. I figure getting there right at the first FP window with that hour window will be just right. We'll be staying at the All Star Sports resort which is considered an AK resort. I'll be driving us in that day. HS isn't my family's thing. Haven't visited that park since 2000. :earseek:

I'm telling you....it wasn't here when I went on my trip in 2015 because...I missed A LOT on that trip. I waited till the last minute, nearly, to buy our tickets. I got our tickets at about the 21 day mark, so that 30 day mark had LONG passed. However, I was a resort guest, so I shot myself in BOTH feet by missing that 60 day window! :rotfl2:The evening I did purchase them, I went ahead and did FPs. I got some poopy ones. :rolleyes: :rolleyes1 Not knowing any better, I just took the ones I got and went on about our business. I didn't know about refreshing, modifying, the 30 and 60 day window, the tiers, etc. After our trip, I kinda disappeared here from the DIS but always promised to come back before our next trip. I believe I signed back on around September or October of last year and read through this sticky! @mesaboy2 has done a pretty impressive job keeping everything current and understandable. I'm looking forward to going in June and seeing if I can be as lucky as some with the modifying and if needed day of FPs. I'm pretty confident I'll get 7DMT at my 60 day window, because I'm looking to do it 60+1, 60+3 or 60+4. That's the only headliner I read here that can still be difficult to get that I'm interested in. I'm going to rope drop FEA and FP TT. AK....I'm only doing tier 2s. We won't be getting to that park till about noon, so I'm going to set our first FP at 12:00 and stay till about 5 or 6. I figure getting there right at the first FP window with that hour window will be just right. We'll be staying at the All Star Sports resort which is considered an AK resort. I'll be driving us in that day. HS isn't my family's thing. Haven't visited that park since 2000. :earseek:

I managed to snag 7DMT at 60+1 in the morning time slot for May so have faith!

After reading this thread I booked FOP at 9 and Safari at 10 and as soon as I tap my band at FOP I’m going to try for a tier 1 at Epcot!

Check me out! pirate: I’m fastpass savvy

I managed to snag 7DMT at 60+1 in the morning time slot for May so have faith!

After reading this thread I booked FOP at 9 and Safari at 10 and as soon as I tap my band at FOP I’m going to try for a tier 1 at Epcot!

Check me out! pirate: I’m fastpass savvy

:lmao::lmao:The pirate emoji! And your FP savvy comment! Okay Jack Sparrow!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Over the last few weeks, I've read where several have gotten 7DMT at 60+1...so I'm feeling pretty good about it. I'm spending two days at MK so I'm not overly worried. And I feel you after that tap of your tier 1. I'll be doing that over at EPCOT when we tap in for TT. I'm going to try and move my tier 2s up to see if I can snag that Soarin' FP. Although I hear Soarin' standby at open isn't bad at all. We'll be doing rope drop on FEA...the Elsa & Anna meet and greet, then our FP for TT and I'll do standby on Soarin till I rework those tier 2s.

Not this particular thread, no. However, there were two previous versions dating back to 2013:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...list-and-suggested-priorities-part-i.3143281/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...ed-priorities-and-strategies-part-ii.3326057/

Maybe 2015 was back when FP stuff was buried in a subforum though. :)

Not this particular thread, no. However, there were two previous versions dating back to 2013:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...list-and-suggested-priorities-part-i.3143281/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...ed-priorities-and-strategies-part-ii.3326057/

Maybe 2015 was back when FP stuff was buried in a subforum though. :)

To tell you the truth @mesaboy2 I'm not sure I even really looked. I think I did read something here and on the Disney website about having to book fastpasses and I was NOT happy about that. I liked the FP machines and going to them when I felt like it to get a FP. I was hesitant in booking any to tell you the truth. I eventually did, but as you read above, wasn't too successful with it. I'll have to check those two forums out though. If my user name is anywhere in any of them, I'm going to run and hide somewhere! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Need advice.. booked a last minuet trip for my entire family (Mom has cancer and-she want to make memories with the grandkids). We are a party of 11 and I will be booking our fastpasses on Tuesday March 5th. What is the best way to book? All 11 at once or separate in manageable groups of 5 and 6?

Additional advice for FOP (it will be on our second day of trip because we are staying at AKL fIrst before going to Beach Club..

Thank so for the advice as I want to make this trip as special as possible.

This is somewhat FP related, but I know this is where all the gurus hang so I’m hoping you can help. Scenario is this...

Person has a 4 night package stay followed by a DVC stay. Her ticket length should cover both trips, however the ticket expiration date on mde shows the last date of her package as the end date. Glitch? Will it change after stay 1 opens for booking? Thoughts?

Need advice.. booked a last minuet trip for my entire family (Mom has cancer and-she want to make memories with the grandkids). We are a party of 11 and I will be booking our fastpasses on Tuesday March 5th.

(1)What is the best way to book? All 11 at once or separate in manageable groups of 5 and 6?

(2) Additional advice for FOP (it will be on our second day of trip because we are staying at AKL fIrst before going to Beach Club..

Thank so for the advice as I want to make this trip as special as possible.

(1) I believe your idea of 5 and 6 is a great idea! Also try to look for overlapping times instead of altogether separate times.

(2) I've read here JUST recently where a few have noticed FoP available on 60+2. However the second day of your trip in the FP system is actually 60+1. I would take whatever time you find and then work on modifying it as you get closer to your trip.

GOOD LUCK!

I think I know the answer to this, but just wanted to double check. If I have a 3-night, 6-day ticket package booked at a WDW resort followed by a 3-night stay at the Dolphin I, theoretically, should be able to book 4 days (check-in to check-out days) of FP+, 60 days prior to my WDW resort stay and then 2 days worth of FP+, 60 days prior to my Dolphin stay - is that correct?

Today is my FP+ booking day, and I keep getting an error message when I try to confirm a FP. I've only been able to make two for our 7 night trip, and many of the big rides are already gone :(. I've tried on different browsers and it doesn't make a difference. Anyone have a way to get past this? I'm assuming if I call Disney they're not going to be able to do anything (and I'd be paying long distance charges to do so).

Today is my FP+ booking day, and I keep getting an error message when I try to confirm a FP. I've only been able to make two for our 7 night trip, and many of the big rides are already gone :(. I've tried on different browsers and it doesn't make a difference. Anyone have a way to get past this? I'm assuming if I call Disney they're not going to be able to do anything (and I'd be paying long distance charges to do so).
For some reason, Tuesday mornings have been squirrelly of late. Just keep trying, it will eventually get running for you. And correct, it’s wonky for everyone so calling won’t help. Good luck!

For some reason, Tuesday mornings have been squirrelly of late. Just keep trying, it will eventually get running for you. And correct, it’s wonky for everyone so calling won’t help. Good luck!
Just what I needed to hear? :confused3

My 60 FP booking date is on a Tuesday. :sad::crazy2::headache::scared:

I read the first two or three pages of general info but need clarifying...
I have a mid-March stay for which I have booked the fastpasses. I have another stay the first week of May and my booking day is tomorrow. How will I know the booking window is open? When I go to MDE, the calendar availability only goes thru April 5 or 6, which is 30 days from the May stay. Will it automatically be extended to May by tomorrow morning at 7 am? I have heard/read some posters saying they could book more than 60 days in advance. I am staying onsite.
Edited to add: I have an AP, which I will activate on the March trip coming up.

Tomorrow is 60 days out for us. There will be 4 adults going 2 different resort reservations.Can I make all the fast pass selection or will my sister have go do there own?

Thanks Leslie

Tomorrow is 60 days out for us. There will be 4 adults going 2 different resort reservations.Can I make all the fast pass selection or will my sister have go do there own?

Thanks Leslie
Yes - book for the complete party.

Booking FPs is explained in the first posts of this FAQ.

Another split stay question...we have a 6 day park ticket package at pofq staying 3 nights starting May 11-14 then staying the other nights at a Marriot offsite. So I know I can book my first few days of FP but will I still get the rolling 60 day window for the last few days or how does that work now? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter